100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Many thanks for all your efforts Cory. Keep us posted.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Hey All,

I have not been able to get the results out of the BoGolf system that I had anticipated. It is possible that the turf we are using is causing issues so I am pulling it from my demo center and going to try it in my home setup (which has different turf).

I appreciate all of your patience on this and will hopefully be able to give a proper review.

PS: I'll be posting a video on the new Generation 2 Grass Top from P3ProSwing shortly.

Cheers,
    Cory

Interesting Cory. Good luck and let us know.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Sorry to hear that the Bogolf system is not working out so well. Can't imagine why the turf would make a difference.

This is just too bad. The golf industry is full of wild claims and out right lies. Measuring spin is not easy to do. Just because you have a high speed camera, doesn't mean your software knows how to use it.

We're very thankful for your efforts Cory. The price to find the truth is too high for most of us.

Hey All,

I think my post may have come across incorrectly...

For those of you who don't know me, I am a bit of a perfectionist. I want to ensure I can get the best each system has to offer before saying anything about it.

With any overhead camera system, the lighting and background is really important.
    Without enough light the ball can't be properly detected and with too much it can wash out.

For the background, every turf has different textures, light absorbancy and light reflection so the ball may get lost in the reflection.

My current concern with the system is that the turf I installed is not the same turf that I normally use for a camera system (like the ForeGolf setup), so I want to try it with a different turf to see if I get different results.

I just can't give a proper review until I have all of these tests done. I hope you all understand and can be patient.

PS: The other reason I do this, is so that I can make recommendations of what components (turf, transformers, lights, etc.) to use so that people can have the optimum setup when they order it from me.

PPS: Also remember that I have not been able to dedicated as much time to this as I would like, so that is why it seems like the testing is taking forever

FYI: The ForeGolf camera system I sell requires a specific type turf, transformers and lights - all of which can drastically change the results if not used.

Thanks for claring that up Cory.

Do you have a link to your review of the Forgolf system? Video reveiws?

Thanks

No full review at this point in time. There was a recent merger with Full Swing, so I am waiting to get all the details to see if anything is going to change.

You can check out a preliminary video I took:
    http://youtu.be/gvH64yKm-O4
    - this was setup in an older bay so the screen doesn't look very good. They have a better setup now so I will try to get a new video.

You can also see the 3 screen surround system:
    http://youtu.be/GJTvGXIBclU

Wow this is a good deal http://www.par2pro.com/shop/product_...roducts_id=161 . Is it up and working Cory? Why the super sale?

That's got to be less than cost or near cost. Hmmmm......

I'm sure Cory will soon let us in on what's going on.

Hey Guys,

You are very right - this is a great deal for someone who wants a camera system at a great price.

I have decided to sell this off at my 'demo' price as I have come to the conclusion that I will not be able to dedicate the time necessary to support selling this product. I want to ensure that I can properly support my customers with the current lines that I represent.

So for someone looking for a 'heck-ov-a-black-friday-cyber-monday-sale', this would be it

Cheers,
    Cory

Wow Cory that is a great deal!!! Did it not work out well for you? How much work does one need to do to get that sim up and going?

Let's just say that the relationship did not work out and the system would be good for someone at that price.

To get it going, you need a dark turf, a good gaming computer and time to properly mount it. (and of course things like an impact screen, projector and some way of protecting your walls and ceilings).

For further details, you can email me at cory@par2pro.com.

Happy Cyber Monday!
    Cory

Hey All,

Just a note that the person who bought this system from me is using it for right handed golfers only and is ok with it for the clearance price.

However, from what I have tested and experienced, I will not be carrying BoGolf products nor recommending them.

Happy Golfing!
    Cory

Sand Wedge JBimsal is on a distinguished road
    Bogolf says they have stereoscopic 3D - does this game use the redchain 'engine'?

Unfortunately I was not able to find out for myself how the camears truly work as they were very limited on what they could tell me.

Although the owner said that his software was his own and not the Red Chain software, everything I went through (graphics, features, options, etc.) screamed Red Chain.

Once again, I do not recommend this system and hope that no one has to go through what I did with them.
    Last edited by Par2Pro; 05-01-2012 at 10:48 AM.

That is simply not good!!!!

I'll be blunt here. Zelocity!

Sand Wedge JBimsal is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Par2Pro View Post
    Unfortunately I was not able to find out for myself how the camears truly work as they were very limited on what they could tell me.

Although the owner said that his software was his own and not the Red Chain software, everything I went through (graphics, features, options, etc.) screamed Red Chain.
    I wasn't clear - I meant the graphics, not the camera system, were claimed to be stereoscopic 3d. If they used red chain (and I trust your judgement), then it means to me (as a gc2 user) that stereoscopic 3d isn't out of the question.

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    Haha, I hope Zelocity knows that their name has become synonymous with everything that sucks and doesn't work. That's funny.

Hey JBismal,

While Sterescopic 3D can refer to basically two different images (one for each eye) in the graphics world, Foresight Sports' uses Stereoscopic Vision for their cameras which measure the ball. This actually does not have anything to do with the graphics.

Here is a good article on Stereoscopic Graphics:
    http://www.projectchapman3d.com/blog/?p=73

Here is Foresight Sport's Stereoscopic Vision (about half way down the page):
    http://www.foresightsports.com/innovation

Hopefully that clears things up, but let me know if you have more questions.

Cheers,
    Cory

Putter Duzzer3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Par2Pro View Post
    Hey All,

Just a note that the person who bought this system from me is using it for right handed golfers only and is ok with it for the clearance price.

However, from what I have tested and experienced, I will not be carrying BoGolf products nor recommending them.

Happy Golfing!
    Cory
    Hi Cory

If you don't recommend the BoGolf Simulator, who's Simulators do you recommend?

Naithan

There are a lot of systems out there that are great - but I work with my clients on an individual basis to make a recommendation based on what their needs are.

To better understand your needs can you please email me (cory@par2pro.com) answers to the following questions:

1. What is the size of your room?
    2. How many courses do you want?
    3. Do you want club, ball or both measurements?
    4. Is integrated Video Capture (video of you swinging the club shown within the simulation program) important to you?
    5. How important is it for you to be able to hit off of any surface?
    6. Will it be in a permanent location or will you need to move it each time?
    7. How beneficial would it be for you to use the system outdoors for analysis?
    8. Will you have both left and right handed users playing simultaneously?
    9. Do you need to hit foam or no balls at any point?
    10. Do you currently have any components (computer, projector, mats, etc.)?
    11. What is your budget for the entire simulator system?
    12. What are your main goals in purchasing this system (what do you want to get out of it)?

These questions can really narrow down what is available to you, so please answer as best as possible. For those questions you don't know or understand we can discuss them to help your decision.

Cory
    Last edited by Par2Pro; 09-10-2012 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Strange Formatting

Finally a video showing the Bogolf working http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtRlMiMDT2g

Who knows eh!!!!!

- it would be interesting to see the analytics displayed after each shot

- I wonder if they found a certain turf to work better with the system. It looks like they used a turf on top of the base turf

- They had said that the software is their own and not Red Chain's - anyone care to comment? LOL

Certainly looks like Red Chain to me! Why would they deny it if it is Red Chain?

My thoughts exactly bubba (one of the red flags I should have heeded before I bought the system).

Thread Information