100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar

P3pro Marketing Strategy?

What does this competitive comparison chart mean? Is this useful at all?
    http://www.p3proswing.com/accessory/...lator-Sale.htm

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    What does this competitive comparison chart mean? Is this useful at all?
    http://www.p3proswing.com/accessory/...lator-Sale.htm
    Complete BS!

Did you expect any thing different?

3 Wood northgolf is on a distinguished road
    Calling that comparison chart lame would be an insult to the crippled. P3Proswing sales strategy is poor. I'm pretty much convinced I am going to buy a P3P as an interim step to a better solution, but the more I see their approach, the shorter I want that interim to be (say, nonexistent).

Look, a lot of people read these forums and base their decisions on the comments. This chart is completely silly. I am not sure what they are trying to say. If anything they may be turning people away.

blackfire
    So far I'm not the most satistied guy on earth with my P3Pro. for me, the only accurate data is the club face angle and swing path is not to bad. for the rest ???????? not sure

Quote Originally Posted by blackfire View Post
    So far I'm not the most satistied guy on earth with my P3Pro. for me, the only accurate data is the club face angle and swing path is not to bad. for the rest ???????? not sure
    What about the swing speed?

What other problems?

ZMax,

You can adjust the swing speed, but p3p doesn't market that point. The question of this thread (at least for me) is whether p3p has a good "go to market" strategy that will make the "whatever(claret?!?)" long term viable as a home simulator.

I think the marketing is extremely unprofessional and this is best highlighted by them a) not have a defined market, and b) making silly comparisons against undefined competitors.

I'm about to spend ~$1K on the product and I am hating the thought of it with every fibre or my being - what does that say about their marketing (the competition is overpriced or remarkably more incompetent?).

Someone will come into this market who has their act together and will clean house, because what I've seen so far is just plain sad.

North

Quote Originally Posted by northgolf View Post
    ZMax,

You can adjust the swing speed, but p3p doesn't market that point. The question of this thread (at least for me) is whether p3p has a good "go to market" strategy that will make the "whatever(claret?!?)" long term viable as a home simulator.

I think the marketing is extremely unprofessional and this is best highlighted by them a) not have a defined market, and b) making silly comparisons against undefined competitors.

I'm about to spend ~$1K on the product and I am hating the thought of it with every fibre or my being - what does that say about their marketing (the competition is overpriced or remarkably more incompetent?).

Someone will come into this market who has their act together and will clean house, because what I've seen so far is just plain sad.

North
    You want sad? I'll give you sad. The $400 Optishot has an accurate bunker shot while the $1600-2000 P3pro/GSA doesn't. WTF!

If you're dead set on getting a P3pro. Don't spend $1000 on a Claret. It's a freaking ripoff. The $400 Optishot comes with a grasstop for gods-sake. Highlands and desert dunes are 1999 graphics. Skills competition is worth $50. Do what Bubba22 and I did. Look for a used one on Ebay for $250-300, but wait on the fixes for GSA(which might never come).

I agree Northgolf. They will lose out on sales with this strategy. Btw how do you boost the swing speed or do you mean the distance boost?

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    You want sad? I'll give you sad. The $400 Optishot has an accurate bunker shot while the $1600-2000 P3pro/GSA doesn't. WTF!

If you're dead set on getting a P3pro. Don't spend $1000 on a Claret. It's a freaking ripoff. The $400 Optishot comes with a grasstop for gods-sake. Highlands and desert dunes are 1999 graphics. Skills competition is worth $50. Do what Bubba22 and I did. Look for a used one on Ebay for $250-300, but wait on the fixes for GSA(which might never come).
    I'm not really looking for the courses. I want the angles of aproach, the club path, and how open/closed the club face is at the point of impact. My interest is game improvement. Skills comp is worth $0 to me. Swing capture is also of interest.

The optishot is short on accuracy. The question for me is whether the ST1 is worth the extra money and setup hassles.

Quote Originally Posted by northgolf View Post
    I'm not really looking for the courses. I want the angles of aproach, the club path, and how open/closed the club face is at the point of impact. My interest is game improvement. Skills comp is worth $0 to me. Swing capture is also of interest.
    The P3pro sensor will read all those things accurately. The software, however, does not use angles of approach/club height for initial ball launch calculations. You won't see topped or thin shots.

Quote Originally Posted by northgolf
    The optishot is short on accuracy. The question for me is whether the ST1 is worth the extra money and setup hassles.
    The ST1 does not measure angles of approach, correct me if I'm wrong bubba22. I would like to see the ST1 combined with a ball launch measuring device.

You are right Zmax. The st1 doesn't measure angle of attack. If they decide to add a launch measurement to the st1 then it will really widen the gap with the p3pro. As it stands now the st1 does at least measure the ball which of course the p3pro doesn't.

5 Iron chasiv is on a distinguished road
    Why would you want to 'adjust' club head speed? It is a measured metric. You either swing 100 MPH or you don't. This value is not a 'calculated' value (other then the math of the value itself (Miles PER hour). This value is measured from the time your club triggers the unit (assumed to be when the club crosses the triggers) to the time the club passes the exit row.

If you are getting a 'faulty' reading for club head speed it is due to 1 of 2 issues. If your club head speed is too high, then the tape on your clubs is not applied corrected. If your club head speed is too low, then something is triggering the sensor unit too early (either lighting or reflection).

Making something a value that it is not is not Swing Analyis (which is the basis of the P3ProSwing).

As for marketing, product developments, etc. - bubba is correct. I have no input on this. I can only do my best to support the products we have on the market with the existing features.

Chasiv you are great and support the P3pro very, very well. In fact you need a raise and probably should be allowed to have more imput towards the P3pro advancement. Just my 2 cents.

8 Iron Bruce Balog is on a distinguished road
    I agree with Bubba. I think the P3Pro's support and customer service are actually quite good in general.

Thread Information