CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road

Stand bag on Clicgear

I'm thinking of replacing my current stand bag during boxing day sales with a new stand bag. I know they are not the greatest on Clicgear carts but I'd like to get a new stand bag for at the range, in my garage, in parking lots etc.

I currently have a TM stand bag but the legs are starting to let go, so its time for a replacement.

I'm between a Nike Sasquatch Tour bag (sale at GT) and a Sun Mountain Four 5 bag. Does anyone have experience with either of these on a Clicgear cart? I'm not looking for perfection, I lived 3 years with my TM bag turning sideways on me (due to the leg mechanism) I'm just looking for something similar, not worse.

Any personal experience?

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I use a Ping Vantage on a clicgear and it rarely turns, never more than 45* or so. Pretty sure Rezadue used a four5 on a clicgear all season, shoot him a PM.

4 Iron JoeldMtl is on a distinguished road
    I used a stand bag on a Bag Boy C5 pull cart and a Trekker TC-3 push cart without much problem.

On both carts I put a wide strip ( ~1.5" x 5)of self thick adhesive padding, secured with plastic locking wire wrap, on the top bracket of the cart (the type they sell for chair and table legs) so that the bags legs wouldn't scratch or break the bracket.

In addition, I sewed some velcro on the top straps of the Bag Boy cart and on the front of the stand bag to secure the bag from turning - Worked perfectly!

Didn't seem to need vecro or anything else on the TC-3 as the straps on this cart are bungie cord type (similar to the Clicgear) and they held securly.

But now I have a cart bag. Prefer that MUCH better.

Lob Wedge Stikdonky is on a distinguished road
    I've been using a Sun Mountain 3.5 on a Clicgear for 3 years now with no issues. Bag turns a bit, but not to the point that it is annoying. 4.5 has the same stand mechanism. I think both will be suitable, pick the one with the features you are most interested in!

Thread Information