CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Lob Wedge RICO is on a distinguished road

Ball, balls, and more balls!

Is it just me or can anybody make any sense of all the new ball releases. The worst offender (if that's the right term) has got to be Nike.

The March issue of Golf Magazine announces the release of two more models, Double C Tour and Double C Distance. This following on last month's advertising for the double D version (David Duval, or is it bra size?) of the Tour accuracy model. Is it their intention to go through the whole alphabet?

Who can possibly digest all this stuff from the one manufacturer, let alone all of them, and actually help to improve their golf game.

My basement shelves are fast filling up with unused portions of sleeves and dozens of the latest model, based on promises of curing the slice all the way to alleviating the embarrassment of psoriasis!

Any comments?

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    They keep you guessing to keep you buying the ball of the week. You have to try them all.

I just happened to like the Top Flyte Aero that they had in 1999. In 2000 they discontinued it. Then they brought it back "improved" for 2001. Now who knows what the 3000 will be like.

I just want a mid priced ball which I like the feel, I can get used to it, and that will be avalable when I need another box.

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar

Don't blame the manufacturers

Everybody wants the newest, latest and greatest. The manufacturers are just catering to the demand. Although it is all a bit confusing to follow.

Callaway is bring out their new CTU and Hex balls (blue and red in both flavours) to go with the Rule 35 and CB1s from years previous.

Titleist has a new and better PROv1 to go with the last years NXTs.

Strata has got the Tour Ultimate II and so on and so on.....

My fave is still the Top Flite xl 2000 exceptional spin to be replaced this year by the xl3000 Super Spin!

Inexpensive and performs comparably to the high end balls IMO.

Shotmaker spidey is on a distinguished road spidey's Avatar

Angry

We should all thank our lucky stars that the golf companies have not convinced us that the only way to improve our games is to buy new golf clubs as often as they float new balls.

I personally like the idea that a golf ball can give me a few extra yards, feel soft and smooth, and putt where I expect it to go. Unfortunately, every manufacturer has decided that they have what I need. BS. I just wish I had DD's swing speed... or even Jeff Sluman's for that matter.... at which point, for a casual golfer... I wouldn't give a rat's ass who's ball it was.

spidey

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Well, the Top Flite Aero is no more. :mad:

Ok, so what is a guy to do....
    I bought some Strata Pro distance. I have played them before, and really like them. The cost has been keeping me from making the switch.

This year I vow to loose less balls!

Lob Wedge RICO is on a distinguished road

Aero

Hey Dan,

Was at T & L warehouse sale this afternoon - they had a decent stock of Top Flite 2000 Aero balls. Clearing them out at 22.99 a box. Maybe you should stock up.

Thread Information