100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    You can certainly get a used vector and save money. I wonder what the cost of the integration will be? Certainly the option for integration sounds good. I am very interested to see how well it works especially with the GSA courses. Await a review.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    The big question, as bubba22 has pointed out, is whether the Vector will be intergrated with the virtual courses. If it's not, it's not worth it IMO. There are better options.

Something tells me it's not integrated with the virtual courses.

It is a key question. Perhaps chasiv can shed some light on this question.

Putter nchin84 is on a distinguished road
    Oh definitely that is huge but still the additional course packs fo the GC2 that can only be bought once you have gotten one of the starter packages is an additional 2k. The GC2 is a GREAT system but is still an extremely expensive one.

Oh nobody is arguing against that statement nchin84. The vector integration remains to be seen. It will be cheaper than the GC2 although the GC2 is much better an option. I am not sure what will be utilited in the vector integration, whether it works with the GSA courses etc. A lot of unknowns and really more info is needed before any decisions are made. The GC2 is pricey but a extremely nice unit.

Putter nchin84 is on a distinguished road
    Oh ok, glad we are on the same page. It's just I read one of your posts in this thread about if someone was going to be starting a sim system from scratch then you said that the GC2 was the better option and that the p3pro with vector integration was approaching the GC2. I just wanted to give my 2 cents on the fact that you were approaching the same price as the GC2 launch monitor but still have no software that makes it into a sim.

No we are on the same page. My point was that as Zmax pointed out the P3pro and vector integration plus courses is getting around 6 grand. If you are in that price range then looking at the GC2 is an option, not saying you should get the full GC2 package. I am talking about the base unit and limited course.

9 Iron SDL is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    The big question, as bubba22 has pointed out, is whether the Vector will be intergrated with the virtual courses. If it's not, it's not worth it IMO. There are better options.

Something tells me it's not integrated with the virtual courses.
    I agree. It remains to be seen whether the Vector integration will feed data to the virtual courses or if it will simply be an expensive way to add launch angle measurements to the club data already available for the P3Pro. LA was the only data from the Vector mentioned in the press release. You would think that P3Pro would have commented if they were going to obtain ball spin, speed, or directional data from the Vector. In theory, if they used enough of the ball data from the Vector, they could run the courses without even using the P3Pro sensor data -- but that seems very unlikely.

The press release also stated the following:
    "P3ProSwing™ users may add Vector as an option to their systems. Also, Vector users may add the P3ProSwing™ sensor mat system and simulator software to their current systems to gain access to the club data and ball-flight measurements P3ProSwing™ provides."

So why would you need the estimated ball-flight "measurements" from the P3Pro sensors if you can get actual ball-flight data from the Vector?

I would love for the integration to include as much ball data as the Vector can produce, but I'll be surprised if that actually happens.

SDL

Good questions SDL. I suspect the ball data will not all be used but again that is only speculation. It would make sense to use all the ball data. Again it remains to be seen.

blackfire
    Hey again guys

At first the P3Pro and Vector pro was my option as I aleready have the P3Pro and once I figurate averything there's to much IF and IF maybe and still you get to hit from a hard surface, club path is +/- 3,2 degree angle of atack is not very accurate for my personnel experience and side angle form vector is +/- 2 degree with is too much for me. Do the math 2 degree at 150 yards is almost +/- 6 yards so 18 feet plus algorithm error and +/-150rpm on back spin is good but on side spin it's just ok.

I'm not saying you whon't get good info and SIM but as everything else you go for your budget and the more you pay the more you get so from what I need and what I'm ready to spend the GC2 is my decision.

this being say, if my budget would be around 6000 all included I would also look at the Protee with lanch CAM

Thread Information