100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Putter nchin84 is on a distinguished road

P3pro and Vector

I was just wondering if there have been any updates as to the integrations of the two technologies? I'm currently considering the p3pro claret and launch angle add-on but would like to know if the vector integration is on the horizon.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    The last I checked there was no progress. In fact they seemed ** off that I was enquiring about it. It would be nice but I wouldn't expect it any time soon.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    They just discountinued their proprietary Launch Angle option - I tried bringing in more inventory and they said they are no longer selling it. I am not sure if it is gone for good, or maybe just until they come up with another option. Right now they do have the Zelocity Pure Launch integration though.

Hope that helps,
    Cory

thanks for the info guys. I hope they don't stop the launch angle add on or at least replace it. I think it sets the product apart and is what had me looking at the system in the first place. I was also hoping for the vector over the pure launch due to space restrictions.

Ditto. Mark my words that a reasonable priced sim with launch will come and a lot of us would jump ship. P3pro are not listening to what the general public wants.

7 Wood dvshx is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Ditto. Mark my words that a reasonable priced sim with launch will come and a lot of us would jump ship. P3pro are not listening to what the general public wants.
    I would jump ship in a flash. we need a cheaper version of the Pro7.

I agree. Stay tuned, there may be something in the horizon.

Hey Bubba - do you know something I don't? I would love to hear any news that you may have

blackfire

P3Pro Vs Vector

I'm looking for something to practice in the winter as well as between my games and practice in the summer. I'm not sure between vector and P3Pro and Zelocity. The riviews on all of them are Completely divergent. They're not giving the same information but the point is to get something to rely on to work on my swing and ball striking going back to the courses knowing that I have'nt practiced for nothing. I'm not sure about tapping my clubs but the priced is quite different can somebody tell me if the price of the vector is worth it? does the vector is a good launch monitor? should I go with Zelocity or the P3Pro is good enough compensate the tapping and the missing ball fligh data.

Hey Blackfire,

Those are really different systems and price ranges, but I think I know where you are at...

The first question would be what are you looking to work on to improve your game? If you are looking for club information like face angle, swing path, tempo, etc. then the P3Pro is a great system and well worth the taping.

However if you are looking for the ball information: spin, launch angle, speed, then the Vector is a great option. It is also cool because you can use it indoors and out (in case you want to take it to the range).

Which Zelocity product were you looking at? If it is the pure launch, it is the next step up from the accusport and can be integrated with the P3Pro to get the best of both worlds - however the combination is about $6k which really puts it into another price level.

Do you have an instructor that you are working with that may be able to help you choose which analytics you should be focusing on?

Cheers,
    Cory

9 Iron SDL is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Par2Pro View Post
    Which Zelocity product were you looking at? If it is the pure launch, it is the next step up from the accusport and can be integrated with the P3Pro to get the best of both worlds - however the combination is about $6k which really puts it into another price level.

Do you have an instructor that you are working with that may be able to help you choose which analytics you should be focusing on?

Cheers,
    Cory
    Cory,

When you're getting up into the $6K+ range, I really like the looks of the GC2. It's compact, can be used indoors or out, and is being picked up by lots of OEMs for use in fitting their clubs. It even has sim options (for more money, of course).

What do you think of the GC2?

SDL

I agree - I love the GC2:

Pros
    - hit off almost any surface
    - no club taping, club selection or tee height inputs
    - directly measures ball - stereoscopic technology provides accurate data
    - easy setup, can be used indoors and outdoors, self levelling, 10 hour rechargeable battery
    - they did an awesome job integrating with the Red Chain (GSA) software which has really good good graphics
    - great accuracy
    - instant feedback

Cons
    - must move unit to accommodate both left and right handed players
    - only measures ball (possible club measurements in future)
    - have to use clean white balls

Hopefully that helps, but if you want more info or videos just let me know.
    Cory

blackfire
    Hey guys,

If looking for ease an accurate driving range at home vector made me a price at 3380$ for the pro vector including Vseries and Vrange Is it an opgrade from the P3Pro and does the accuracy difference with the new zelocity pure launch tracker worth's the price of 5000$ with no range

Again, it really depends on what you are looking for - in terms of accuracy they are both accurate in their own way... P3Pro (with proper club taping and lighting) is very accurate for the club measurements (club face, swing path, tempo, etc.) whereas the Accusport (with proper setup and ball marking) is quite accurate in the ball readings (launch angle, spin, speed, etc.).

I would suggest getting a Pure Launch and P3Pro or wait until the tracker is setup to work with the P3Pro and get those both - then you have the best of both worlds: use the P3Pro for the simulator stuff and the Pure Launch for outdoor stuff and use them combined for a great analyzer!

Red face

I am actually cheesed that P3pro sold me their launch add on and soon after words decided to discontinue it. I was lead to believe that the GSA courses would work with the launch all through the beta testing. If it doesn't happen I will be moving on to another sim but not as a happy man with really no confidence in the P3pro group.

Hey Bubba,

Hopefully P3Pro is just retooling their proprietary LA so that they can integrate it with the new courses, so let's not give our hope up yet.

Merry Christmas!
    Cory

I hope so Cory. It just seems like a drawn out process with very little customer feedback on what should be a simple upgrade decision.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    I hope so Cory. It just seems like a drawn out process with very little customer feedback on what should be a simple upgrade decision.
    I hope so too but bring ST1 or ProTee or anything with LA along with a great integration, and I will buy it. My P3pro will be kicked to Ebay land.

P3pro's GSA integration was Mickey Mouse style on the cheap. I just played a demo of a ProTee GSA PC game and I'm ** off that it allowed you to choose the type of shot you want to hit. And when you're in a green side bunker, it default to a sandblast shot. It looked real coming out of the sand.

Bubba22, what's really sad is that the P3pro's sensor measures everything that is needed(angle of attack/club height) to be able to calculate LA and spin for GSA. But I'm sure it's not being used. We should not have to tweak spin.

Zmax I am on the same page as you. the sand play for the P3pro is very bad. I just think that they need to tighten up the software side of the sim and if they would keep the launch angle cam. ProTee is definetely on my list.

8 Iron Bruce Balog is on a distinguished road
    Cory I hope you are right about upgrades. I wonder if P3Pro would provide this service free to loyal customers. Why would P3Pro put out the GSA courses at a price of $1,000 if they weren't completely ready for use? They feel rushed and are consistently inaccurate and unrealistic. I have no problems with the main interface, but the courses do need work. I feel like letting P3Pro know about its issues will not get me far. Maybe I'm wrong, but I have not voiced my concerns to them yet.

ZMax you are dead on about the frustration of the product having capability to do everything, just not utilizing it. The potential for the P3Pro is unlimited... I just think their competition might beat them to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Balog View Post
    I feel like letting P3Pro know about its issues will not get me far. Maybe I'm wrong, but I have not voiced my concerns to them yet.

ZMax you are dead on about the frustration of the product having capability to do everything, just not utilizing it. The potential for the P3Pro is unlimited... I just think their competition might beat them to it.
    Bruce,

They read the forums.

Here's a comment from the man himself:http://www.golfconversations.com/201...or-p3proswing/

JR: I use the P3ProSwing all the time. I have one here at the office and also one at home, set up in my bonus room over the garage. I’ll practice a few swings around lunch time every day, and every Thursday night during the winter I have an informal golf league at the house. I have a couple of my neighbors who are golfers over and we play one of the courses. It’s a nice way to unwind after a long day. Practicing so frequently on the P3ProSwing helps me keep good form – and I’m always working on improving my muscle memory. I’m a member of one of the golf clubs in my area, and out of the green grass course, it’s easy to slip into bad habits. When you’re working or playing on the simulator, you’re seeing exactly where your swing is slipping, and you’re able to correct easily it as it happens.
    It doesn't take long before one starts to see problems with the GSA integration. So Jay either does not see them or he doesn't care.

Some of the problems with the P3pro's usage of the sensors data has been there since day 1. But 9000 units sold and we're the only ones complaining.

My frustration comes from the belief that these problems or improvements could have been taken care of in year 1, but here we are 5-6 years later and still pretty much the same software. No LW, no GW, etc....

Fully agreed Bruce.

blackfire
    Hey guys,

just got a P3 Pro and I have a few questions?

1- The angle of attack looks unaccurate sometimes up sometimes down as whell as ball height, toe and heel.

2- Should I tape the irons also to make sure of the accuracy off club face angle?

3- I'm felling like the swing path is not on spot like if it was a bit more outside in then reallity

4- When I'm putting it's always outside in when I see it straight or inside out.

5- I'm Y the only one who's not sure about accuracy of this system?

Tanks

I would recommend cleaning the system, make sure the lighting is good with no shadows etc, make sure your alignment is straight. Really the same suggestions as the dd. Have a look at my thread understanding the p3pro values. I do think the values are somewhat accurate, certainly not 100 percent. There are shots that are off for sure. I don't need to tape my irons, just the driver and fairway woods.

blackfire
    Hi again,

As I'm french so sometimes not understanding everything, I'd like to know what within 2 degree means is it +/- 2 degree cause vector are saying "side angle within two degrees."

one degree offset is 2.75 yards at 150 yards so +/- 2 degrees means +/- 5.5 yards(16.5 feet) and the guy told me that they're estimated ball landing calculation is +/- 3 yards.

Does anybody ever worked or now somebody who worked with Vector?

Tanks

tanks

P3pro will integrate with the vector. Very exciting news for the P3pro users. This is definitely a step in the right direction. I wonder if it will be usable with the virtual courses?

http://www.p3proswing.com/news.php?n=53

P3pro will integrate with the vector. Very exciting news for the P3pro users. This is definitely a step in the right direction. I wonder if it will be usable with the virtual courses?

http://www.p3proswing.com/news.php?n=53
    You would think that Jay would have mentioned it. But he didn't.
    “The integration of Vector with P3ProSwing™ will be of particular benefit to instructors and club fitters,” said Jay Russo, managing director of P3ProSwing™, “who now will have even more advanced technology tools at their disposal.
    Claret+36 courses+grass top = 2200
    Vector pro = 3200
    Vector integration software = 600?

total = $6000?

Getting close to the GC2 range in cost. Certainly if one was starting from scratch, the GC2 is a better option however for those that have a p3pro already like Blackfire then getting the Vector is an option. Hope this doesn't mess up Blackfires decision although I think he is set on the GC2 .

Getting close to the GC2 range in cost. Certainly if one was starting from scratch, the GC2 is a better option however for those that have a p3pro already like Blackfire then getting the Vector is an option. Hope this doesn't mess up Blackfires decision although I think he is set on the GC2 .
    Are you sure about that?

But seriously, I agree with you. If I was going to spenf that kind of money, I'd get the CG2.

from the pdf that used to be provided on the GC2 site

the launch monitor was = $6495
    + starter course pack (1 course+ fitting software)=$1995
    + whatever the club face add on that is going to be unveiled will be.

total=8490 + new add on.

I agree that the GC2 system is probably going to be the better experience but an already 2.5k differential in price not including the club face add on isn't just a tad more (well to me it isn't).

Another option I was looking at was a used vector pro (pre optics upgrade) and the vrange software. Accusport has a promotion t'ill sometime in mid feb. that allows you to upgrade the lenses and get the vrange software for 1.5k.

Thread Information