CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    7 Wood dvshx is on a distinguished road

P3ProSwing & GSA... lazy questions

why does it keep defaulting to 6 iron after every shot on the driving range??

how do i tell the software to default to SW everytime I am within 110 yards of the green??

is there a way to display the club head speed to MPH??

5 Iron chasiv is on a distinguished road
    Because you're going in through 'Custom Game'. Which means it is making a club recommendation for hitting the flag.

if you go in by using Practice instead -- you won't have that issue.

You cannot tell the software which club to select.

In Options there is a setting for Metric or standard (not sure, here at home, what it is called).

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    A GSA Golf update just came out through GGS (Martin) that lets you select your standard chipping club (eg. SW) for shots near the green. Not sure how/when that will be rolled out to P3Pro users though.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Hopefully we will get an update. Any idea if that will happen Chasiv?

Here is the ultimate kicker that needs to be fixed in GSA:

my sensor will not let me putt anything over 40 feet.

Huh? What do you mean dvshx? Does the software refuse to let you select a putter, or is it that no matter how hard you hit it the ball won't go over 40 feet? This sounds bizarre!

Quote Originally Posted by rdh View Post
    Huh? What do you mean dvshx? Does the software refuse to let you select a putter, or is it that no matter how hard you hit it the ball won't go over 40 feet? This sounds bizarre!
    When im on the green... it defaults to putter. But the red light (go signal) WILL NEVER COME ON EVERYTIME IT IS PAST 40 FT.. Thus, it never reads. I have to calculate feet to yard conversion and attempt to chip.

Bubba - can you verify on this issue. Thnx

That's a strange approach P3Pro took in the logic to determine whether to activate the putting mode! My Pro 7 has to be flipped to putting mode as well, but (since I wrote my own interface) I made it depended on club selection - nothing to do with distance or lie. So, even if the player is 50 yards out, if they select a putter, it will flip the device over to allow it.

That's a strange approach P3Pro took in the logic to determine whether to activate the putting mode! My Pro 7 has to be flipped to putting mode as well, but (since I wrote my own interface) I made it depended on club selection - nothing to do with distance or lie. So, even if the player is 50 yards out, if they select a putter, it will flip the device over to allow it.
    Thanks for the info. Ill just have to live with it until I get better at difficult approach shots.

I caught part of a radio interview with jay russo from p3proswing on satellite radio yesterday. I missed the end, but pretty much all of the conversation was focused on the teaching tool aspect of the p3pro. He got into the integration with launch monitors as a next step for them...again, that is to further enhance it as a teaching tool. In the time I listened, the simulation aspect wasn't even mentioned...it was all focused on swing analysis. I think the whole simulation side is a bit of a secondary focus for them, hence the somewhat-lacking GSA integration and the lack of any guidance on a new affordable launch angle add-on.

I caught part of a radio interview with jay russo from p3proswing on satellite radio yesterday. I missed the end, but pretty much all of the conversation was focused on the teaching tool aspect of the p3pro. He got into the integration with launch monitors as a next step for them...again, that is to further enhance it as a teaching tool. In the time I listened, the simulation aspect wasn't even mentioned...it was all focused on swing analysis. I think the whole simulation side is a bit of a secondary focus for them, hence the somewhat-lacking GSA integration and the lack of any guidance on a new affordable launch angle add-on.
    thats how he sounded last time I spoke to him. BUT he did mention that he may redesign the current L.A. hardware. He wanted something more self-contained. after the releae of GSA, this is useless unless it works with GSA.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    My understanding is that 40 feet is the default for the putter mode. dvshx let me pm you later tonight as we have made some good advancements with the GSA courses and I think that we may be able to look at this putting issue.

Sounds like you're working very closely with the P3Pro folks bubba...it's pretty cool to have that kind of input into the design and development.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Sounds like you're working very closely with the P3Pro folks bubba...it's pretty cool to have that kind of input into the design and development.
    No, it's not the folks at P3pro.

I truly wish you were right though.

Thread Information