CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    Playing Winter Rules mmlincon is on a distinguished road
    The interface is highly configurable. Almost too much if that is possible. You can build a club set profile based on your set. Club distances, ball speed, even angle sensitivity is tunable and adjustable ( I don't think there is one for spin, but I can check). You can make it very sensitive or forgiving. If you start to tweak it too much I'd start to wonder if you are getting real world data/results or what you think you should be getting. You could tune this to be damn near perfect, but what are you going to tune it against? Ideally we could hit real shots outside and compare the results until it was dialed in. I base most of my settings on my typical ball flights and only have had to change a few from their default values though.

The GSA environment is somewhat limited in what is tunable there. The full version has a shot boost and ball roll friction setting and you can change the course conditions to hard or soft which will effect bounce and roll. If you make changes in the control panel interface they will effect the GSA environment though. I don't use the GSA settings as I get the expected results with my settings in the control panel. Really, the only issue I'm having right now is excessive roll on chip shots and I think that is more caused by a lack of spin detection. The roll is probably about right for a shot will little to no spin, but I don't chip that way.

I'm happy to provide any input I can. I've learned a ton about this simulator on my journey.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mmlincon View Post
    Really, the only issue I'm having right now is excessive roll on chip shots and I think that is more caused by a lack of spin detection. The roll is probably about right for a shot will little to no spin, but I don't chip that way.

I'm happy to provide any input I can. I've learned a ton about this simulator on my journey.
    That's why I asked these questions. I had the same problem with chipping in P3pro/GSA, but I was able to fix it by adding spin to the wedges in the interface. It would be nice if you could adjust spin for each club in the ProX interface.

What about ball bounce velocity for different terrains? I think RDH mentioned that ball velocity can be reduced for each terrain for penalties on distance.

A for the adjustments to ball flight, I have a ball trajectory program that I can compare the results to, until the weather warms up. The ball flight of the P3pro, out of the box, was just silly, to put it kindly. Good thing I was able to adjust it.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    The adaptability of the GSA is very appealing. As you mentioned, it certainly requires more tinkering. Question, what is the cheapest GSA setup with a 2 camera setup? What trigger options are there?

Zmax
    I looked through the control panel and I don't see a way to change the spin and the club config file would have to be either manually changed or done through ProX and moved over to the control panel. There is an option to adjust the curve factor of clubs, but that would impact left and right curvature more I would expect. This is a big reason I want the ball spin camera. It should add that missing element that should give more realistic performance.
    I don't know if there is a terrain penalty in GSA or not, I haven't noticed much when playing. The ball will not bounce or roll as much when landing in the rough or sand though. As for hitting out of it, I don't notice much difference between rough and fairway. There maybe the occasional flyer, but it's hard to tell. Is that ball trajectory program something you could share? I'd like to compare with my results if possible.

bubba
    The cost of a two camera setup would depend. If you go without the club mat then you'd be looking at two cameras and the trigger array which would be around 4800 OEM ( two cameras, lenses, trigger array ( H and V cams ). It looks like there is a new line camera which could be used to trigger the cameras, but I don't know if that is available. I'm not a sales guy for GGS so I'm basing this off the site. If you want the club mat then you could add another 1000 or so OEM. You'd have to add all the materials for a full setup to that too. ( screen, projector, sensors cases, grass panels, etc. ) The camera models I have only cost about 360 from the manufacturer, but I don't know that they will work unless they come from GGS. The GSA courses are another 1500 as I mentioned before.

I don't know if there is a terrain penalty in GSA or not, I haven't noticed much when playing. The ball will not bounce or roll as much when landing in the rough or sand though. As for hitting out of it, I don't notice much difference between rough and fairway. There maybe the occasional flyer, but it's hard to tell. Is that ball trajectory program something you could share? I'd like to compare with my results if possible.

While browsing the GGS site, I saw a screen shot that showed how to adjust terrain penalties. It might have been in club specs? Either in ProX or GSA interface or both?

It's called ball launch velocity adjustments. You could adjust settings for rough, sand, or heavyrough. My question is if the adjustments for this are in ProX, will they carry over to GSA? Or are they just for the ProX courses?

ballPath.jpg

PM me with your email.

Those options may only be in ProX. I'll take a look at mine when I have a chance and see if it's adjustable in GSA or if the changes carry over. I'll post what I find.

Those options may only be in ProX. I'll take a look at mine when I have a chance and see if it's adjustable in GSA or if the changes carry over. I'll post what I find.
    Thanks mmlincon,

Not sure if you've already stated this or not, but how would you rate the 20 courses in ProX? Are they up to par with the GSA courses?

While playing around in Martin's GSA interface, I noticed that there is some sharing of data between Martin's interface and my P3pro/GSA program. I can change clubs and it would be reflected in Martin's interface. But when I use the mouse game mode to simulate a swing, the P3pro/GSA program reports no data available.

At least the programs were communicating. I think the swing data was just not in the right syntax.

96 sensors, 2 * 16 bit counters, Serial I/O, Data bus expansion port
    Maximum measurable club speed : 270 mph at +/- 0.5 mph accuracy
    Minimum measurable club speed : 1.15 mph +/- 0.0001 mph accuracy
    Speed accuracy at 100 mph : +/- 0.065 mph
    Club-face angle at impact to ball : +/- 0.0001°
    Maximum measurable Club Path : 24° in-to-out 29° out-to-in +/- 0.65°

The above are specs for the PX1/2 sensor. Pretty impressive.

mmlincon, do you know what the trigger is for the cameras? +5v?

Thanks

GSA courses for $1000?

This must an old web page.

http://www.golf-simulators.com/Software.htm

The ProX courses and very good and I'd say with the sensors it's probably a little more accurate than with GSA. Now, if you put the two side by side you will prefer the look of GSA. So, I would say GSA wins due to graphics and course library. I'd say anyone could be happy with the ProX course until the itch for GSA comes along.

I know there is communication between the GSA Interface/control Panel and GSA, but I don't think there is any communication between ProX and the GSA Interface/Control Panel.

I agree that the theoretical sensor accuracy is very impressive, but then look at the recent addition to the GGS site regarding the picture proof. All in all, it's close enough though.

I think the camera trigger voltage is 5v, but it could be 3.3v. The camera site has that info, but basically all you need is something to trigger the camera at the right time. Don't quote me on that, I didn't write the software.

Yeah, I saw that link. Add it to the cart though. Only lists 36 courses as I remember.

I think the camera trigger voltage is 5v, but it could be 3.3v. The camera site has that info, but basically all you need is something to trigger the camera at the right time. Don't quote me on that, I didn't write the software.

Yeah, I saw that link. Add it to the cart though. Only lists 36 courses as I remember.
    How long does the camera stay on? Can you point me to the camera site?

I should have my sensor by Tuesday and will probably order the camera Wednesday. Where did you get the lens?

Thanks

Zmax are you able to use the camera with thre ProTee Sensor? Will the mat be the trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Zmax are you able to use the camera with thre ProTee Sensor? Will the mat be the trigger?
    My sensor comes with a ball sensor/track. I should be able to use that. If not, I'll find a way using the sensor mat.

From GGS site:The camera requires a trigger which is either hardware generated from a ball track or from the sensor mat.

Is your protee both club and ball sensors? Ia the ball sensor an add on or built in to the board? So you can have the sensor board be your trigger but how will you feed the launch info into the Pro Tee software?

Is your protee both club and ball sensors? Ia the ball sensor an add on or built in to the board? So you can have the sensor board be your trigger but how will you feed the launch info into the Pro Tee software?
    My Protee has an add-on ball sensor/track. Here is a picture:

Protee pic.jpg

This software version of my Protee uses a vertical ball track for a LA monitor, which I don't have. There are no provisions for a high speed V-ball camera. So, I will not be using the Protee(old ProX) software. The graphics on the courses are outdated anyway. As I had mentioned before, my plan was to use the Protee sensor mat with GGS V-ball camera and GSA.

Cool. So the Pro Tee sensor mat will be able to work with the GSA software?

The length of time the camera is on or taking a shot is dependent on the shutter speed you set in the control panel. The will be greatly dependent on the lighting in the room and you will have to play with it a bit to get it right. You need a trigger that will start the camera shot. So, basically what happens is your shot (ball) flies over the IR sensor, this sends a signal to the camera which takes the shot. Based on the shutter speed, you will have a white streak of X length and that is used to calculate the ball speed. In the newer versions of the control panel the launch angle is determined by the start of the ball in the camera shot and tee location. ( you set the tee location in the software )

I don't know that the sensor mat will work as a trigger for the vertical camera. Technically, with the PX2 the trigger would happen before the ball was actually struck. Not sure how the ProTee is setup. This is the issue I was having with the ball spin camera.

The recommended lens on the OEM site:
    http://www.golfsimfactory.com/CircuitBoards.html

That ProTee looks an awful lot like the PX2. Is it just re-branded?

Cool. So the Pro Tee sensor mat will be able to work with the GSA software?
    Martin said it should work but he couldn't guarantee it. All that he had to go by was the picture above.

That ProTee looks an awful lot like the PX2. Is it just re-branded?
    According to rdh, this Protee sensor is a GGS sensor from when Protee and Martin were working together(2007-2008?). Even the software is basically Martin's old ProX interface. Is it a PX2? I'll know next week.

I think the new protee has been upgraded to a new sensor board as well the latest software is the Protee Play 2.0. The new board has the ball sensor built on.

I don't know that the sensor mat will work as a trigger for the vertical camera. Technically, with the PX2 the trigger would happen before the ball was actually struck. Not sure how the ProTee is setup. This is the issue I was having with the ball spin camera.

Looks like the PX1/2 sensor mat can be used to trigger 1 camera. I'll just need to do a little soldering.

Of course, the camera's shutter must kept open longer, since the ball needs to travel further before reaching the camera's field of view..

I doubt you can use the PX1/2 to trigger the camera for V launch. If you leave the shutter open too long you will lose the contrast you need to detect the ball and the trigger will occur before the ball is struck. The software has been designed so the camera trigger is distance in front of the tee.

I've added the trigger on the mat and the soldering is easy, but I haven't found a use for it. I suppose it could be used for the club path, but I have the mat for that so why?

I am confused mmlincon. On their site it implies that the sensor mat can trigger the vertical cam. Are you saying that it doesn't? If so then what do you need on top of the sensor mat to trigget the cam?

mmlincon,

So, the sensor can be a trigger but might not be practical for the vertical cam?

Maybe the sensor can be a trigger for Horizontal ball cam?

How would a club cam be triggered? by the reset sensors? If it's triggered near the impact sensors, wouldn't you miss part of the path that's just before impact?

You would need either the camera trigger array or XD ball track. I could be wrong, but I know the software interface pretty well and I don't see how it could be done from the mat.
    http://www.golfsimfactory.com/CircuitBoards.html

9 Iron Dave W is on a distinguished road
    The mat can trigger the camera for LA but the ball must be placed in the same spot and the distance has to be entered in somewhere.

The track is recommended to trigger camera operation and is more accurate.

The ADX mat is ir sensors for club and ball. It can be used for LA but again is not as accurate as the camera. Good for putting

Martin is coming out with a DIY mat or track couldn't remember which one and he will give you the pieces and you have to solder them in. He said about 3 hrs. Quite a bit cheaper.

Bubba the set up as he explained to me is mat, ball track trigger, camera for best results.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
    Martin is coming out with a DIY mat or track couldn't remember which one and he will give you the pieces and you have to solder them in. He said about 3 hrs. Quite a bit cheaper.
    Is that for the ADX? How much?

So a ball trigger with 2 or 3 cams for club, ball and launch? Probably more accurate but certainly more expensive. How much will that set one back as compared to a sensor based setup?

Thread Information