Hi All,

I'm so excited I just found this forum and have been reading through the older posts. A lot of you have been looking for someone who is using the GGS simulator and I am one. A little history first. I had a p3proswing and it was ok, but the lack of vertical launch was a big problem for me. I limped along with it for a while and was excited when the GSA course became available and purchased them right away. The problem with them was they had a limited hitting distance when using the p3proswing so it was unrealistic. P3 kept saying they were working on it, but never found a solution and offered a buy back program which I took. After a ton of research I went with the GGS system primarily because of the modular nature of the system which would allow me to grow over time. Much easier to get the wife's buy in with small add ons here and there.

So begins my saga with GGS. At the time I purchased the system you could buy a circuit board bundle which included the sensor mat board and the two XD ball tracks. This was all IR based and I went with just the ProX courses. I had to build the casings for the boards which wasn't too difficult. All in all this setup worked pretty good, but the lack of vertical launch was still an issue. So, this year I purchased the vertical launch camera and this has made the system very realistic. I actually feel like I'm playing golf. It was working so good I finally dropped the coin for the GSA courses and it's been wonderful. I did purchase another camera for use with either (club, spin or horizontal ) monitors and have been playing with them to determine which would work best. I'd really like to add spin, but the theory is suspect and the info available is lacking.

So my thoughts on GGS simulators. They can be very good. It is something that requires a lot of tinkering to get working well. If you want something that is turn key then this is probably not the system for you. The comments I've read about Martin and GGS in general have been spot on. Sometimes you get a quick response and sometimes you don't. Most issues Martin will respond quickly and feature requests can go unanswered. For example, with my setup I have to offset the tee location to the right of center because of space issue in my garage where I have this setup. I've requested the option to "move" the center in the GSA system but don't get a response. My P3Pro system had this option, so I don't know why this system can't have it too.

I'm sure I could go on and on here and I'm sure many of you will have questions and I will do what I can to answer them.