100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    i would only draft left handed players! Worked for the russians, or was that rh'd???
    lol!!

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Actually, when you are at it, can you see if you can get the same deal that the les Habs had a while back where they'd get first dibs on all the lads coming out of Quebec - if memory serves that worked pretty well too....

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Except nowadays no team wants to pick from the Qc league until later rounds. Most don’t even have scouts in the QC league……
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Hey look, 2 wins in a row

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Yeah, back in 23rd spot, 1 point ahead of Buffalo and 3 ahead of the Leafs. Of course those teams have a couple of games in hand.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Baby steps. As long as LeClaire stays healthy (a big if, I know), they'll be winning more and more games. He's playing quite well, kind of what we all expected when he got here.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Nice to see the Sens get a break on the goal being called back. That could have changed everything.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63 View Post
    Baby steps. As long as LeClaire stays healthy (a big if, I know), they'll be winning more and more games. He's playing quite well, kind of what we all expected when he got here.
    LOL LeClaire gets injured in the freaking warmup. This guy is unbelievable. It's no longer a "bad luck" thing in my opinion, it's just his thing. No pain tolerance, bad conditioning, whatever. Time to cut bait.

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    After watching tonights game its quite clear that Clouston is 1 of 2 things: not making the call on who sits or is a complete moron! The way things on the bench seem and how Kovy's situation has been playing out it looks like Murrary is making most of the decisions. Looks like Brian's ego is getting in the way of sitting guys who he has brought in. ie, Filip Kuba is the worst d-man in the NHL but get top 4 time! I have to say Kovy's compete level is a couple notches above Kuba right now and I can not figure why this guy is even playing let alone on the ice with Campoli in the last couple mins of the game, terrible play with the puck and even worse without it. Funny since Kuba has come back Ottawa's play has gone down hill! clearly not all him but he is on the ice for a couple goal's against almost every game but still plays. Was nice to see the guys score a few tonight but crap goaltending and Peewee type defending from a few D-men already spoken of has let another point slip away!
    Last edited by Mattchew; 12-18-2010 at 12:37 AM.
    "If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first." Kirk Cobain

It was terrible how they lostfor sure. Kovalev at least skated back for the first Washington goal which is more than I can say for Spezza who barely made it back the blueline. He was skating back like it was a walk in the park. Brutal goal tending from Elliot on the 2nd goal, he has been playing more bad games than good ones in the last 10, just like the team in front of him. Our top two lines cannot score we end up losing and being the ones who end Washington's 9 game losing streak. This team is at the bottom of the quarter of the league and the teams behind them have games in hand and 8th place is getting further and further away. Not a good situation. One cannot blame the coach at this point, players are screwing it up
    Lefty Lucas

With all these games in hand nevermind the playoffs Ottawa will be lucky not to be passed by Florida and Toronto in the conference by month's end. Thank goodness that the Islanders and Devils are tanking. Leclaire is a chronic case, Elliot could not stop a beach ball and Brodeur has barely played in the last 25 games so he is not the answer. Maybe the top 6 from Calgary should be traded for the top six from Ottawa!!

Tough test coming up with Nashville who are 8-1-1 in their last 10 games
    Last edited by leftylucas; 12-22-2010 at 02:57 PM.
    Lefty Lucas

Need a Caddy golfinteg is on a distinguished road golfinteg's Avatar
    The crux of the matter is goaltending! Ah those halcyon days of 'great goaltending' by the likes of Emery et al.

When we outshot our opponents we should be winning games more often than not. No?

Talented players are 'ruined' when they run afoul of management or organization, for one reason or another, by being 'benched or traded away'. These happened in a lot of pro sports! No?

Lets not talk about Burke the 'Trojan Horse'. We have ours to contend with. When we let some thorughbreds 'bolt' from our fold. No?

Let's not get crazy, Murray did not help himself. His trades have been terrible, bringing in players that never worked, a 1st rounder for Crapoli and then re-signing him, yikes. He has had the time to put his blueprint on the team and it sucks, just like Mucklers.
    Golf is the Total System Integration of............The Sum of All Parts............

I disagree, they cannot score, the goaltender is not repsonsible for that. Leclair has had little goal support if you look at his stats. The goaltneders have been terrible I agree but the combination of that, terrible defencemen and no scoring has nmade this perfect storm. I just checked the Sens chances of making the playoffs and they are down to 0.7 of a percent chance, so we are still in it
    Lefty Lucas

I heard Murray is thinking of firing Clouston, he should call Rejean Houle to find out how firing his coach worked out when the real problem was the talent
    Lefty Lucas

25th in the league right now and with a few of those games in hand being played by teams below us we will see how bad it really is by weeks end. At least now we can hope for dropping further and getting another decent draft pick, we are going to need it.
    Lefty Lucas

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    Somebody shoot me if Pierre McGuire gets the GM job come springtime.
    Even though Melnyk says both Clouston and Murray will serve out the rest of the season, apparently Pierre has already had an interview for the GM job, based on chatter on Team 1200 this morning. Egad.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    As sad as it sounds this is going to be an interesting 2011 to be a Sens fan. We have drafted poorly for the last decade and now we are paying for it. Lets see how many draft picks we can get!

Pierre did not interview, he confirmed it this morning with TGOR. I think Melnik should have hired a new GM and let him get his own coach at year's end. This means Murray will make all the decisions at trade time, that is not a good thing.
    Lefty Lucas

Pierre did not interview, he confirmed it this morning with TGOR. I think Melnik should have hired a new GM and let him get his own coach at year's end. This means Murray will make all the decisions at trade time, that is not a good thing.
    Did you think McGuire would admit to it? Of course he's going to deny it.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

I am only writing what he said on the same radio station you stated as your source.
    Lefty Lucas

I am only writing what he said on the same radio station you stated as your source.
    I realize that. I heard him this morning too. I just don't think he'd admit to an interview or discussions. If he said 'no comment' it would be an admission of talks. He said what he had to say.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    The idea of keeping Murray on, knowing that he won't be here next year is just stupid. Keep him on until you find the right replacement but get him out of here before he can do more damage. We need to find the next GM, and give him some time to make changes this year...get in gear for the trade deadline...so that he can begin reshaping the team to what he wants it to be, not what a failure of a GM thinks it should be.

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar

Talking

Sens are a joke and Murray and Clouston are a joke and now Melnyk has made Ottawa the laughing stock of the entire league. Keeping Murray on for the trade deadline is insanity. That clinches it Melnyk is insane and stupid.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

He is a fan of hockey but certainly not a knowledgeble one like we are I agree that to keep Murray on is a missed opportunity since a new GM could decide who he wants to keep and who he wants to get rid of. Now any new GM will have to start with what Murray leaves him which may or may not be good.
    Lefty Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    The idea of keeping Murray on, knowing that he won't be here next year is just stupid. Keep him on until you find the right replacement but get him out of here before he can do more damage. We need to find the next GM, and give him some time to make changes this year...get in gear for the trade deadline...so that he can begin reshaping the team to what he wants it to be, not what a failure of a GM thinks it should be.
    Firing Murray now in my opinon would be the worst thing this team could do. If there is going to be a deal done this year that would benifit the sens in the future the foundation of that move would already be in place. Murray has been told to shed salary plain and simple....get pics or prospects nothing else! Bringing in a GM now would set this team back more.

I understand peoples frustrations with this team this year.... but to say it because of Murray is just false! Its been pretty clear that Melnik clearly said he wanted Kovalev/Gonchar on this team so murray made the move. Did they overpay...Yes but could any GM see Gonchar's play fall this much? NO. Signings like Heatley, Spezza, Fisher, Ruttuu, Kelly and Neil were exactly what the fans wanted and had to be made. If he let any of these guys walk he would have been on death watch in this city. Last year this team was not even supposed to make the playoffs let alone finish 5th in the east, and people an this forum were talking about Clouston for coach of the year...now they are Jokes?

This year is done...and the reason for this is squrarely on the shoulders of the players! To many guys playing for the name on the back of the Jersey and not the one on the front!
    Last edited by Mattchew; 01-24-2011 at 12:17 PM.
    "If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first." Kirk Cobain

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattchew View Post
    Firing Murray now in my opinon would be the worst thing this team could do. If there is going to be a deal done this year that would benifit the sens in the future the foundation of that move would already be in place. Murray has been told to shed salary plain and simple....get pics or prospects nothing else! Bringing in a GM now would set this team back more.

I understand peoples frustrations with this team this year.... but to say it because of Murray is just false! Its been pretty clear that Melnik clearly said he wanted Kovalev/Gonchar on this team so murray made the move. Did they overpay...Yes but could any GM see Gonchar's play fall this much? NO. Signings like Heatley, Spezza, Fisher, Ruttuu, Kelly and Neil were exactly what the fans wanted and had to be made. If he let any of these guys walk he would have been on death watch in this city. Last year this team was not even supposed to make the playoffs let alone finish 5th in the east, and people an this forum were talking about Clouston for coach of the year...now they are Jokes?

This year is done...and the reason for this is squrarely on the shoulders of the players! To many guys playing for the name on the back of the Jersey and not the one on the front!
    Well said sir ,
    however ,what a predicament for a potential new GM now is the time to move the un-wanted , but do we really want Murray to do that for the Sens ?
    I don't think that he should be in charge of any potential trades , but we can't wait till summer comes and the window of opportunity to get rid of some dead weight has passed.
    Interesting times ahead for sure.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Putting in a Band-aid GM now to make the deadline trades would be a horrible decision. Finishing out the year allows them to make the right decision on who to bring in as GM. Not one person that knows anything about the Sens could see this coming this year, Playoff bubble team yes but not a complete failure. Having 25 + mil to start with next year is a good way to start off as a new GM...Not like they are going to be put into a situation with no cap space. If Murray can move anyone on this team that would be a further bonus for a new GM. Would rather see them start off with the right person for the job and not jump to a irrational decision now just for the sake of a change!

http://bit.ly/gmTyPd Murray after practice today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattchew View Post

This is very close to my thoughts on the situation. Well said.

Wannamaker brucestats is on a distinguished road brucestats's Avatar
    If it is really true that Melnyk helped shape the team by adding Kovalev and Gonchar, then getting rid of Murray solves nothing...and this team is in worse shape than you can imagine.
    My paycheck goes to my dogs.

Thread Information