100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road

Golftek Pro 7 Users?

Here's something I've never bothered to post...figured I'd start a thread for any Golftek Pro 7 users to discuss the system. I think they may have only been one other Pro 7 owner that I've noticed on this forum, but maybe there are more lurking around. It would be nice to see some discussion on the device and how it's working for people. I'm happy with mine, but for the most part I discuss the software side more than hardware on here due to a lack of other Pro 7 feedback. Hoping to get some here....

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I agree, it would be nice to get some feedback from other Pro7 users, especially with respect to the GPS courses vs GSA courses. Correct me if I am wrong rdh, but all other Pro7 users have been integrated with the GPS courses. Not that there is anything wrong with the GPS however I prefer the GSA on looks. the Golftek folks told me that it was easier and cheaper for them to integrate with the GPS rather than the GSA. Cool that you could write an integration program for your GSA rdh. More feedback from the Pro7 folks would be great.

Yep - as far as I know, I'm the only one with the Pro 7 / GSA combination. I think the pricing of GSA golf makes it unattractive to some of the hardware vendors. It gets a bit convoluted when Martin is a hardware competitor, but he's the one with the rights to distribute the software...and he sells his version to the public at a price that is (I think) around the cost it would be to Golftek or anyone else. Anyway, yes I'm just interested in getting more feedback on the Pro 7 in general with either software.

8 Iron kwantfm is on a distinguished road
    I'd love to hear about the Pro 7 in terms of accuracy of club data and ball data...

awkwardly I feel like I have posted something horrific enough to cause this thread to come to a screaming halt!

No not at all. There are very few pro7 users on the board. RDH has the pro7 and is probably the best to answer the question. My understanding is that it is an extremely accurate unit with respect to the club and ball data. it doesn't directly measure spin but does calculate ball spin. other than that it measures both the club and ball including launch. I would say it is very accurate and the "gold standard" of home sims. Obviously rdh would be the best to answer this.

Sorry for the delay replying...I've been very busy lately. I'll try to post something with comments on the various aspects of the device (club readings, azimuth, launch angle, etc.). As an overall general comment, I find it to be VERY accurate and shot readings from it do match my real-life game very closely. Having said that, I'll say what I always say...if I hit a ball that I clearly know was a fade and I didn't catch it too solidly, and the device comes up showing a fade 20 yards to the right and the shot being short (due to poor contact) then I feel that it is very accurate. Now, in the "real world" whether the ball would have actually went 25 yards right and 10 yards shorter or longer...there is no way to know that. So, you can never (as an end user) really validate these things with a unit that can't be used outdoors. But, I do have a lot of faith in it and feel like it replicates the golf experience very well. My only real caveat with it is the launch angle limitation (around 40 degrees) which places some limitations around flop shots, etc. That is the one area for improvement I would suggest Golftek should continue to look into.

I'll try to post a more thorough "review" sometime soon.

Well put rdh.

great... thanks guys

Thread Information