100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    3 Iron walb0034 is on a distinguished road

Cyber Monday P3Proswing

Looks like they have a really good deal over at P3ProSwing but it's for the first 5 phone orders only. It's a Claret, Grasstop, and Versa Mat for $999. If anyone has been on the fence about ordering, now may be the time.

I was hoping their Cyber Monday special was going to be a deal on the GSA courses!

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    That'll come. I am sure there will be a deal on the GSa courses, perhaps for xmas or something like that.

Now they are running 25% off your entire order, that should be all that it takes to get me to pull the trigger on a grasstop and the GSA software. If only I could actually use this stuff now...

Putter MARKHILL is on a distinguished road
    I looked on the websites and could not find the 25% off. Could you let me know were you found this info Thanks

http://www.p3proswing.com/accessory/...lator-Sale.htm

Click that link, there is also a banner on the right side of the main page.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by walb0034 View Post
    Now they are running 25% off your entire order, that should be all that it takes to get me to pull the trigger on a grasstop and the GSA software. If only I could actually use this stuff now...
    It's up to 25% off.

Lob Wedge kevivoe is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    It's up to 25% off.

Do you people know why they discount heavily? Think.

If you are implying that they make so much money off of the reusable products like tape and oil that they can basically afford to give this stuff away at cost - I don't think thats the case. I personally don't feel like the courses are worth $1000, but if I can pick them up for $700 I'll bite.

Lob Wedge kevivoe is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by walb0034 View Post
    If you are implying that they make so much money off of the reusable products like tape and oil that they can basically afford to give this stuff away at cost - I don't think thats the case. I personally don't feel like the courses are worth $1000, but if I can pick them up for $700 I'll bite.
    No.

I would advise not to even spend $700 on one. I had one and the device does not work as advertised. You have to tape all clubs, the tape wears off in 3-5 swings hitting the grass surface. The USB cable is not captive to the sensor unit. Clubs bouncing off the sensor pad (as in PW/SW or any iron) will cause intermittent open and the SW has to be re-started over to swing again. A royal pain. Any overhead reflective surface has to be covered. Biggest error caused by an overhead reflective surface or wide golf club is slow swing speed and open club face. Even a light bulb that is OFF is a reflective surface. I also had to work through issues with Windows 7 operating system and this SW.

I would rate the P3ProSwing as 3/10 based on my experience. Not much value at all as a training aid given my environment, game improvement golf clubs and design of the sensor/interface to the PC.

THAT is why the product is being discounted. More people have game improvement irons (wide sole) and more people use Windows 7 and more people have recessed lighting in their rec rooms.

I guess I'm lucky then, I've hit thousands of balls off my sport (upgraded to 4.0 claret) in my garage with no issues whatsoever. I tape my driver, but I do not tape any of my irons (Callaway X-22 Tour's) and have never had an issue with swing speeds or open clubface. My irons are not exactly blades, but neither are they wide sole. If I had to guess the life of tape for me, it's a couple hundred driver swings. I replaced all the overhead lights in my garage with CFL's (100W equiv's) so reflection hasn't been an issue for me.

I have noticed the club bouncing off the pad, but I'm hoping a grasstop will resolve that issue. Occasionally I will have an issue with the USB recognizing the sensor pad, but turning the unit off and on will resolve this. I have never had it lock up during use.

It sucks that it hasn't worked out for you, but I'm quite happy with mine, I was just hoping for a deal on the courses before I upgraded. I don't think anything is being discontinued, if anything I would bet that sales are up.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Keviove, too bad the p3pro has not worked for you. There are plenty of folks on this site that enjoy the reflective sims (p3pro and dd) however they are not for everybody. The lack of launch and a ball sensor can be an issue for some. I enjoy the p3pro for what it is. I would recommend the courses if you want to play but if you just want a range for practice then save your money.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Hey Kevivoe,

Sorry to hear that the P3Pro didn't work out for you...

I have had mine for 5 years and really like it and most of my clients love theirs too

I know that doesn't help you, but here are some suggestions for you and those considering buying one:

1. You do need to tape the woods and the putter (I have heard that some people say that you don't, but really you do with most clubs).

2. To make the reflective tape last longer, place a piece of magic semi-transparent tape over the refecltive sticker. Also be sure to wrap the tape up around the club face a little (about an 1/8th of an inch).

3. You have to be playing in a room with no reflections or shadows - sometimes this can be difficult to acheive, but the sensors are so sensitive that it needs a particular environment

4. Flourescent bulbs interfere LESS than incandescent or UV lights.

5. If you get the base system without the grass top, then use brush tees or winter tees to hit all of your shots off of. This will keep the life of your clubs, wrists and arms For those of you who don't want to pic your shots, then the grass top is a must!

6. If you have your device in a stance mat, then your USB cable should not pop out. For those who do not have one, simply place double sided carpet tape on the bottom of the unit to keep it from moving around. I have also used duct tape on the cable to make sure I don't step on it and pull it out accidentally (if you do this make sure there is enough slack on the cable from the tape to the unit or you will end up breaking the cable or the connection - I had to learn this the hard way )

AND LASTLY
    7. Expectations are everything - if you expect the system to perform the same as a $50,000 simulator you will be disappointed. That is the same with all systems out there. There are a lot of good systems and if you understand what they do and don't do (and are ok with it) then you won't be disappointed. This is where my job comes into play - I take the time to discuss the systems strengths & weaknesses with unbiased 1st, 2nd and 3rd hand feedback and then work with my customers to make sure that they get the system that best fits their needs.

Hopefully that helps, but feel free to contact me directly at cory@par2pro.com.

Keep your eye on the ball and the cookies out for Santa!
    Cory

3 Wood northgolf is on a distinguished road
    I found the "up to 25%" offer a little cheesie. I was interested in the claret with the grass top and they would only give me 10% off, but if I wanted to buy an overpriced matt from them then they would give me 15%. I understand it is business, but all they accomplished was annoying me and making me seriously think I need to find someone better to deal with then P3Proswing.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Hey North,

Sorry to hear about your experience...

I am the Canadian Distributor for the P3Pro - unfortunately we are only able to sell the P3ProSwing systems in Canada due to our distribution agreement otherwise I would love to help you out.

We do not have any major sales like they do because our margins are so tight, but I can understand your frustrations. Personally I like to see which discounts are on which products, but I understand the company's perspective of having to keep up with the rest of the retail world in building up excitement.

Just shopping for Christmas presents alone I have found it amazing how many companies do the "up to" 90% off hook to get you in the door only to find out they have double their prices and taken 25% off. At least P3Pro didn't raise their prices first

Their stance mat is actually a really high quality mat - I have tried to build / source other mats that would be more cost effective, but have only found ones that fall apart or wear out within a year or two (especially the ones made offshore).

If you end up finding another stance mat at a lower price that you really like, be sure to post it here as there are a lot of people who would appreciate it (including myself).

As for another company to deal with in CT that may be a little tough - you could try giving All Sports Systems a try (they are closed today) but they are really great people to deal with

Have a very Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year (including tonnes of Indoor Golf!).

Cheers,
    Cory

3 Wood northgolf is on a distinguished road
    Thank you Cory. I had checked out your site and would have called you if it wasn't clear that you were restricted to Canada. Your input is always appreciated.

Thread Information