CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Wedge rdrunner is on a distinguished road

P3Pro Virtual Courses

Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has been playing the GSA courses in P3Pro. Especially those of you who have played the same real and virtual course. I have played LeFontainebleu several times just outside of Montreal. When I play the virtual courses the scenery is quite familiar and the shots very similar in many situations.

Interested in everyone's likes and dislikes and suggested improvements or additions to the software.

My pet peeve right now is lack of hybrid support.

Has anyone tried the online play.

Golf season is now over in Ontario and am looking forward to playing the simulator courses over the winter and comparing notes with everyone out there enjoying the same.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I have the virtual courses and rather like them. I do like the GSA look. I think they are quite realistic and the graphics are great. They could make some improvements however. I have suggested:

1. Improved penalties in the rough, bunker etc
    2. Better ability to get out of areas needing higher lofted shot such as a hillside or bunker edge
    3. Hybrid selection
    4. Ability to decide club other than wedge to chip with on green side
    5. Sometimes the alignment is way off and not at the flag for approach shots
    6. Ability to change club autoselection feature

Obviously there are changes that can be made to improve the playability. I called the p3pro folks about a potential upgrade of the GSA courses as well as the launch feature and they seemed a bit ticked that I was enquiring about this. I take it from the conversation that there would be no upgrade for the courses nor any plans to integrate the launch add on to the GSA courses anytime soon.

Sand Wedge wagolfpro is on a distinguished road
    All of the courses I have played in person seem to be very accurate on the P3Pro...I gave them my kudos. I also have mentioned a couple things that could make it a little better, especially from my teaching side.
    You should be able to pick what type shot you would like to play, such as a punch or lob, for example.
    Could be a little more realistic for bunker or heavy rough shots.
    I also wish they would let us customize the settings for loft of clubs...driver is obvious, but many clubs aren't made the same lofts (PW can be anywhere from 44 to 48 degrees plus), and this counts for all irons, hybrids and woods.
    Overall, I can usually adjust the machine for my students and it gets close to "real" for them, but the changes would be nice.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    To restate what's been said before, this software is a modified version of the PC golf game "CustomPlay Golf" which has recently been renamed to "Hank Haney's World Golf 2011". Red Chain (the developers) recently added a function to that software to specify the loft angle for each club. So, the functionality exists...it's just a matter of whether P3Pro will have it ported over to their version. Of course, if they get the launch angle aspect covered, then this would be unnecessary (but still nice for anyone that doesn't buy the launch angle option once it comes out).

Thread Information