CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar

Re: The Toronto Maple Leafs

It's like watching a sad movie about a clown. Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Here's what Leafs fans are saying on their message boards:

Brian Burke is like the Trojan Horse the city of Boston sent to ruin our franchise.

The way this ship is sailing Boston will have the top overall pick and Burke will be inducted into the hall of fame as a builder for the Bruins-while being the GM of the Leafs!!

I'm starting to think the Leafs winning 13 Cups is a myth.

I'm glad I still have the screenshot of the NHL standings when the Leafs were in first

I'm 37 years old, leaf fan since I was 5. This is the worst team since I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THESE BUMS.

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    Leading the charge of "fans" getting back on the bandwagon, I see?
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

If this site allowed animated gifs as avatars, i would consider putting this as my pic:

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    A hockey fan met a fairy who said she would grant him one wish.

"I want to live forever," he said.

"Sorry," said the fairy, "but I am not allowed to grant that type of wish. No live forever, no eternal life, none of that. "

"Fine,” said the man, "Then I want to die when Toronto wins the Stanley Cup."

"You crafty ***!" said the fairy.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

3 Wood Evil Chris is on a distinguished road Evil Chris's Avatar
    This waffles thing is hopefully just getting started. I like how it's really bothering Ron Wilson when he's asked about it.
    [url=http://www.zeemine.com/]Zeemine[/url]

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    Maybe I'm just a trouble maker at heart but I don't understand why they are banning the waffle throwers from the building. It's absolute comedy and no one will get hurt by a waffle! People are too uptight these days.

5 Wood leafseh is on a distinguished road leafseh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoganWoods View Post
    Maybe I'm just a trouble maker at heart but I don't understand why they are banning the waffle throwers from the building. It's absolute comedy and no one will get hurt by a waffle! People are too uptight these days.
    I am a Leaf fan and I agree that it is both humorous and also hopefully an eye-opener for management.

However... you can't throw crap on the ice during play. Doesn't matter if it's a waffle or a bowling ball. It's a very blatant rule in every arena. Hell I think it even states that you'll be ejected for throwing objects on the ice, on the back of your ticket!

Delay of game anyone?
    Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

I don't understand why the fan chose to throw waffles on the ice, is he saying the Leafs are soft? Anybody know?

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    The guy who started it went on the radio days after and said it's because it was obvious to him that the players weren't eating a proper breakfast... with the way they were playing, he thought they could use the energy boost lol

I have Leafs fans at my work, I'm gonna leave a waffle on their keyboard to jumpstart their day.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I think you should leave some nice Quebec maple syrup as well, preferably in Habs colours container. That should get them animated.

Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    I have Leafs fans at my work, I'm gonna leave a waffle on their keyboard to jumpstart their day.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leafseh View Post
    I am a Leaf fan and I agree that it is both humorous and also hopefully an eye-opener for management.

However... you can't throw crap on the ice during play. Doesn't matter if it's a waffle or a bowling ball. It's a very blatant rule in every arena. Hell I think it even states that you'll be ejected for throwing objects on the ice, on the back of your ticket!

Delay of game anyone?
    this is very close to the way Ron Wilson expalined it.....but why does he get away with throwing crap on the ice every time they have a line change! Just not fair to me!
    "If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first." Kirk Cobain

Shagging Balls nexxo is on a distinguished road
    So with all the above comments being likely pretty true, what does that say for the sens and the beat down the leafs put on them tonight? what a farce the sens are as a wanna be major league team.

Quote Originally Posted by nexxo View Post
    So with all the above comments being likely pretty true, what does that say for the sens and the beat down the leafs put on them tonight? what a farce the sens are as a wanna be major league team.
    Islanders beat the Red Wings and Penguins this week. What does that mean? Nothing.

Sens are a joke this year, Leafs are a joke every year.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nexxo View Post
    it says there is a reason there are 82 games in a season, not 1.

Both teams are brutal this year, but over an 82 game schedule the leafs are MUCH more brutal

5 Wood leafman is on a distinguished road leafman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk View Post
    it says there is a reason there are 82 games in a season, not 1.

Both teams are brutal this year, but over an 82 game schedule the leafs are MUCH more brutal

LOL, much more brutal. It's gonna be real tight between these 2 losers, and the way the sens look I think we can finish above them. What a sad goal but oh well. Finishing out of the lottery would be nice as well. Clouston is showing that he was the benefactor of Leafitis where the team can win when the season is already lost and it wasn't great coaching like every sen fan thought at the time.

Shagging Balls nexxo is on a distinguished road
    sens fans just need to remember that when in a glass house, you should put the stones down and not toss them about.

And the Scotiabank place is a true glass house.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=855612

Most Maple Leaf fans think the Leafs suck more, by quite a large margin.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=855612

Most Maple Leaf fans think the Leafs suck more, by quite a large margin.
    In the overall state (over the next few years)I would say we are in deeper but current season wise I think we have the goaltending advantage over the sens and can finish above them in the standings. It'll depend on what Daffy does with his signings and draft pics at years end to see where Ottawa is going. Melnyk should fire him but I think they use him as an insurance policy for if the zamboni breaks down and they need an alternate way to flood the ice. I also love how haters read one forum topic from a likely google search to say the majority feel a certain way to "further" their point. The on ice talent may not be there but it is still fun to see how everybody hates our organization. We are the Yankees of hockey ***minus the sucess in recent history***
    Last edited by spackler; 01-02-2011 at 04:25 PM. Reason: No swearing on the forum

Quote Originally Posted by leafman View Post
    I also love how haters read one forum topic from a likely google search to say the majority feel a certain way to "further" their point.
    Um, HockeyForum is probably the most active Maple Leafs message board anywhere. So if Leafs fans there are saying the Leafs are worse than the Sens right now, it's a better indication than what you got, which is what exactly? What's your arguement?

The on ice talent may not be there but it is still fun to see how everybody hates our organization.
    Nobody 'hates' the Leafs. There's nothing to hate. I personally find great amusement at how bad that organization is run. Since the lockout and salary cap they can't even make the playoffs! Top 5 pick going to Boston this year. This team cracks me up!

from what I see that discussion is more referring to longer term than the current season and I am saying we have the potential advantage this (current) season. Our goaltending is far superior to the sens and the only sen with heart is Alfie. I also said we are behind the sens over the next few. And to say nobody hates the leafs is complete ****. The same old all hypocrite sens fans always say, at least 8 of the 10 sens fans that is.
    Last edited by spackler; 01-02-2011 at 04:26 PM. Reason: No swearing.

I am saying we have the potential advantage this (current) season.
    Our goaltending is far superior to the sens
    as dysfunctional as the Sens are, I say they finish ahead of Toronto.

Toronto allows 2.91 GAA, Ottawa 2.98 how's that far superior?

Go Red Wings!!!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    the best thing the Sens can do is keep losing. Get a good draft pic, offload some UFA's in the summer and start putting the pieces back together. We've got some very good guys in Bingo right now, though its gonna take a few years. This has been a good team for a long time - tough to maintain in the salary cap era.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Attached Images
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    Regardless of my status as a Leafs fan, I would say that the Sens are having a worse year considering the cast of characters that remain on that team. The joke about the Leafs this year is that they are the NHL version of the Marlies. Kessel, Kaberle, Phaneuf are the only bonafide "value" players on that team.

Sens, having Alfie, Spezza, Fisher, Phillips, Kovalev, Karlsson is emerging ahead of Schenn, etc. There are far more horses in the stable that are coming up lame, and the guys who weren't expected to do anything with the Leafs, are making it look like they should be playing in the NHL.

I never thought I would prefer to take Clarke McCarthur over Kovalev, although Kovy has probably far more raw talent.

As of last night, Leafs and Sens are tied with 40 pts, and Toronto has 2 games in hand. Leafs are currently doing more with much less.

Fire Murray, Clouston can only coach the crap that Murray's brought into this team.
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

You only get out of something what you put into it

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    yep. What a difference a year makes. Sens in 5th, Toronto in 10th and dropping like a stone and let's not forget the Habs in 15th.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Last night vs Chicago: went up 3-1, allowed4 straight goals, scored meaminless goal with 2 seconds left.

Leafs season: started hot, collapsed to miss playoffs, but will prob win a few meaningless games of season to get a worse draft pick.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Gap Wedge Stever is on a distinguished road
    Get rid of Burke and Wilson. Both are trying to manage and coach the way things were done 20 years ago. It doesn't work anymore. There's definitely problems in the TO dressing room. Start the rebuild with newer, younger more communicative management.

Thread Information