CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter Kleenkut13 is on a distinguished road

Inaccurate Swing Speed Reading on DD. Thinking p3p now!

Good morning , Guys!

I just got my DD three days ago and think I will have to return it for inaccurate readings especially my swing speeds. I even tried closing the face and it says it's open. Most importantly DD kept saying my average swing speed was 60 mph. I ran out to Edwins golf on the big boy sims and they recorded me at averaging 87 (same club and swing). I'm thinking about returning this thing for p3p. They have refurbished ones on EBay for $500.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...66#description

I even played at night to avoid outside light and reflections. Does the p3p have any issues with having to have perfect lighting? I've seen YouTube videos of p3p being used in studios and open garages. I assume DD inaccuracies were due not having optimal light settings or just this until is flat-out inferior in regards to inaccurate swing speeds. Any thoughts or comments are appreciated! I know Bubba has had both. I need advise on my next move. I got like 25 more days on the DD before I have to return or keep it.

Thanks in advanced!

Kleenkut13

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I do have both and have been experimenting/playing with both for some time. The dd certainly has issues with accuracy with the driver especially in my hands compared to the p3pro BUT not in everybodies hands. It is still a good sim. Play around with the lighting, alignment, software etc to optimize it. The p3pro itself is not perfect but there are probably less user issues/complaints about accuracy however some people do not like taping etc. Use the next 25 days to resolve your issues if you can. If not most people that do upgrade are happy. Call and talk with Cory as well.

Thanks, Bubba! With a name like that I picture you driving it like 320 like Bubba Watson! Lol!
    But on a serious note, I have not used driver out of fear of further disappointment. I'm mostly concerned about my irons. I would love if my swing speed with my irons were accurate. I want to use a system for swing improvement. I'm trying ingrain that baby draw that pros hit. If I go back to fading it, I would like to use the sim's range to correct that ball flight.
    Questions:
    1 Can pp3 be used in my living room and still get accurate results?
    2 How off are the two swing speeds when u compare your DD and pp3?

I'll prob need to contact Corey but I wanted pick your brain since you have both.

3 Wood northgolf is on a distinguished road
    1) never trust the sims in the stores - they are there to sell you clubs, not to tell you facts about your swing.

2) What club are you hitting for comparison and how far do you hit it on the course?

Gap Wedge Steveh is on a distinguished road
    I was about to buy an Optishot(DD) but when I talked to Cory and told him I was looking to improve my swing and wanted feedback on open/closed in/out etc he suggested the P3proswing as it is much more accurate. I'm liking it so far. It does give the odd weird reading, but usually only when the lights are on or sunlight beaming through. It works with all my irons and I have taped my driver, 3 wood and putter because it is recommended, pretty simple to do and it's not a problem as I won't be able to play outdoors till spring. I think for fun the Optishot comes with extra courses whereas mine only has one course.

Ok. Northgolf, I hit my 7 iron 150-155. DD is saying 120 at 60 mph. It was a Muzuno club for swing speed & sim was for some other measurement. I'm going to take my DD to my friend's garage and see if a different environment works better. I'll post an update after my research.

8 Iron Bruce Balog is on a distinguished road
    Northgolf-- that is a very good point about club speeds. Might be why my swing speed was 110 mph in Dicks and only 90mph on the P3Pro. If they say you are hitting your driver 20 yards farther than actual- then you are probably more likely to buy it.

3 Wood northgolf is on a distinguished road
    Kleenkut,

60 mph is too low for a 155 7i.

Do you take an agressive divot with the 7i? I could be the club slowing down after impact before crossing the second sensors.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    You will have the same issues with the p3p!
    The problems with closed and open club face is most likely because you are not aligned correct to the simulator. Some guide lines painted parallel to the center line of the simulator worked for me.
    Play around with the club settings maybe make a copy of your club set with loft and offset.

I also had lower swing speed when I began and also thought this does not work! It was maybe 3 or 4 evenings before I started hitting like I do on the golf course/ range. A golf friend came over and after 3-4 tries hit his normal swing.
    For me it was just a little harder to learn to swing freely indoors in limited space?

Not sure about the daylight I have several times played in our open garage in the late afternoons but still daylight without problems.

We use Nike Slingshot 4D, Nike Sq woods and driver, Big Bertha, X-20 and FT-9 woods and driver also have a Simon golf beginner set belonging to my wife which I used some masking tape on because DD always said is was a toe hit so I put masking tape on to define the sweet spot.

I could easy see myself upgrading the DD to a more advanced unit but as Bubba22 says figure out how to use the DD first.

Bjarne

All very good points. There has been concerns about the sims at Dick's etc being tampered with to show longer distances etc. I think that is a valid comment. They do want to sell clubs. When the dd registers with the irons and driver, I do think the swing speeds are comparable. In my hands it is not as consistent on the dd but not completely silly. The same principles of alignment, lighting, cleaning etc apply for both the dd and the p3pro as the technology is the exact same. That was my point Bruce as I checked my swing speed with my vector which was very accurate with the p3pro and the golf sore showed it to be slightly higher at 100-115. I tend to believe the p3pro. The 10 percent adjustment is needed as it doesn't measure the ball (except the launch angle measurement) and thus the smash factor, spin etc can vary depending on the equipment, swing etc. So do adjust to get your normal distance. Big divots will slow your swing speed for sure. Try hitting off a small tee with your irons to see if it changes anything.

Kleenkut13 how did/are you making out with your dd?

I'm still getting lower swing speeds but I still have not been able to try it out in a different environment yet. I think my problems are because of reflections. I have a 43 inch LED flat screen plus some glass end tables in my living room. Unfortunately, I don't have a garage at home to use.

Bubba, I still wonder if the p3p will work better im my living room since it has more sensors. My DD swing club face & swing path seems to be accurate at times. I can live with those two. My problem is the swing speed. Then when i increase the settings to 120 percent swing speed, it seems like it then throws off my club face & swing path. I have heard about people using their p3p with open garage doors. What are your thoughts? I don't know how to reach Corey.
    Last edited by Kleenkut13; 11-11-2010 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Added more info

Cory can be reached at par2pro.com http://www.par2pro.com/. My issues with the dd are on the accuracy of swing path and face angle but mostly with the swing speed and the driver. The swing speed is very inconsistent in my hands, no matter what (and believe me I have tried everything twice) I try. Give Cory a call.

Thread Information