100 Holes of Hope
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 110 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Protee Sim

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Are you at the recommended height of your ceiling lights? Can you adjust the ball sensor shadow ball size in the software?

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Are you at the recommended height of your ceiling lights? Can you adjust the ball sensor shadow ball size in the software?
    Not that I can tell. The lowest light height setting is still higher than my ceiling height. Although, I could probably get 6 more inches if I mount the light fixture in between the floor joists.

What is the recommended height for the lights?

What is the recommended height for the lights?
    I don't know. I can't find it anywhere on the GGS site. I'll play with the light some more tomorrow.

Gap Wedge jackyl is on a distinguished road
    Here's the camera setup instructions with a club track, I think (fairway sensor mat?):

http://www.ggssystems.com/CameraSetup.html

Recommended mounting height is 10 feet / 3 meters.

Still having a problem with the ball track. The middle section of sensors are not picking up the ball, while the left and right sides are working OK. That explains why it was reporting no ball detected. Must be another problem with the control board. The control board is in a fairway extension panel that is just like the sensor grass panel but with out the sensor cut outs. I could probably use the fairway panel to make another PX2 sensor for relatively cheap. Bubba22???

Another thing I noticed with the ball track is that at 3.5 feet and above, the ball's shadow is gets very faint and fuzzy. I could see the sensor having a hard time detecting balls from a wedge shot. Maybe a brighter bulb will make it better, but then I'll have to use blinders on the light fixtures for sure.

I do think that is the concern with ir ball tracking.

RDH do you have any advice for ZMax as you seem to have good success with the Pro7 ball tracking. I know your sim has a 40 degree limit for launch but how does it measure the ball speed/direction above the 40 degrees?

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    All shots up to 40 degrees come up very accurately on the Pro7 and the ball path/speed seems to be picked up fine using the shadow technology. So, basically all full shots work fine, as even with wedges a full swing typically doesn't launch above 40 degrees (unless you lob it up). Once you're above 40 degrees I'm not sure how wacky things would be with Golftek's base software or GPS...again, I wrote my own logic to estimate the angle and calculate the speed accordingly once you're above 40 degrees, and for the most part it works pretty well. Certainly not perfect - you definitely get the odd wonky reading, but for the most part it's good.

If you didn't have your integration to accomodate above the 40 degrees rdh how would pro7 work in that situation? Perhaps you didn't test that before your integration program.

I know it was very inaccurate, but I can't recall specifics. Once I saw that it was a problem, I worked on my "workaround" logic to address it.

Do you think the problem of the high loft shot may be an issue with the ball ir shadow technology? If so besides writing a integration program, any other technical advice like overhead bulb brightness, bulb size, bulb height etc that may improve the accuracy?

In my case the system still seems to pick up the ball okay to get a speed reading even on high loft shots, so I think it's just the pro 7's angled IR sensors (for launch angle) that have the limitation. I use standard 90 watt halogen lighting above the sensors.

Quote Originally Posted by rdh View Post
    In my case the system still seems to pick up the ball okay to get a speed reading even on high loft shots, so I think it's just the pro 7's angled IR sensors (for launch angle) that have the limitation. I use standard 90 watt halogen lighting above the sensors.
    I'm only using a 50 watt halogen bulb. But my ceiling is only 8.5 ft. What is the height of your light?

Thanks

The lights are about 10 feet above the device. Golftek requires 90 watt bulbs at 9 feet - even at 10 they thought I might need to look for 100 watt ones (which are bloody hard to find). 50 watt is nowhere near high enough...pick up some 90s.

Another great purpose of these forums. Thanks RDH. Give it a try ZMax and let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by rdh View Post
    The lights are about 10 feet above the device. Golftek requires 90 watt bulbs at 9 feet - even at 10 they thought I might need to look for 100 watt ones (which are bloody hard to find). 50 watt is nowhere near high enough...pick up some 90s.
    Another great purpose of these forums. Thanks RDH. Give it a try ZMax and let us know.
    Will do, Thanks guys.

But I have to watch my Chicago Bears first.

Da Bears. Go Bears.

BEARS WIN!!!!!

Update on the ball track issue. It was not the light. Shadows looked better but it didn't help. I couldn't find a 90 watt fixture so I got 75 watt instead. The 75 watt actually made the main sensor act a little crazy. 50 watt is just about right for the GGS/Protee sensor. There be must a problem with the ball track control board or another bad ribbon cable.

At this point, I'm not too concern about it. The ball track is a low priority for me because the GGS sensor is very accurate and the old ProX program is doing a decent job. Later this week I'll have the latest ProX and 65 GSA courses, which means this setup that I have won't really be a Protee.

blackfire
    is they're anybody who as information on the real new protee what about the algorytem problem you guys talked about??? Is it with the new protee

Protee20.jpg

Just by looking at the Protee 2.0 sensor pad layout. I'll guess that it's a PX2 with maybe a modified MX ball sensor. I doubt that they would go out and get somebody to design and build a brand new sensor.

Now, I'm just guessing here but, the interface is probably still a modified ProX, but with Custom Play for the courses. As far as accuracy, we won't know until somebody gets one and review it here.

If I'm right about the hardware, there should be no reason why I can't upgrade just the software to ProTee 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by blackfire View Post
    is they're anybody who as information on the real new protee what about the algorytem problem you guys talked about??? Is it with the new protee
    Those problems were with GGS/GSA courses.

I've tried searching the web and there are no real reviews.

blackfire
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    Those problems were with GGS/GSA courses.

I've tried searching the web and there are no real reviews.
    When you look at the protee page
    http://www.proteegolfsimulator.com/technology
    if you look at they're after shot analysis image you can see the distance look's short and 2,5m left of center on a 2 degree closed face plus 2 degree in/out swing path should be more then 2,5 m NO???

Quote Originally Posted by blackfire View Post
    When you look at the protee page
    http://www.proteegolfsimulator.com/technology
    if you look at they're after shot analysis image you can see the distance look's short and 2,5m left of center on a 2 degree closed face plus 2 degree in/out swing path should be more then 2,5 m NO???
    Yes, that analysis image did not make sense. I talked about it in this thread a week ago. At 130mph, it should have been a 40 yard hook. The fact that they used that image doesn't give me confidence. But, the software should allow for adjustments.

Bubba22 has a local Protee distributer that's an hour from him. Perhaps bubba22 can do a little investigating for us?

I am on it ZMax. I wonder how the ball sensor factors into the eventual ball flight. They must use the ball direction in determining the eventual flight.

blackfire
    I'll try to have information as well and if Bobba you can give me the Phone number of you distributer i'll call him and will send an e-mail to the company

I am on it ZMax. I wonder how the ball sensor factors into the eventual ball flight. They must use the ball direction in determining the eventual flight.
    I think so too. I'm curious to know what the hardware is and who makes it. If you could take a picture of it from above, looking straight down at it, that would help figure out what it is. The distributor might know what it is.

I doubt that they would let you look at the folders and files but if you see anything with GGS*.*, it's definitely a ProX interface. Which would mean that the adjustability for just about everything is there.

Martin said that he wasn't working with them anymore, but he did say that he did supply them with sensor boards and security dongles not too long ago. As far as I know, the old Protee did not use security dongles.

These guys have been trying to sell the Protee on ebay. They have the $19,000 package there right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Protee-Unite...item3cb440a176

Not sure if this is accurate.
    The ProTee Golf Simulator "Professional Edition" Sensor Pack consists of a Professional Sensor Mat System, containing 94 high-speed optical club-head sensors in 2 "FiberBuilt" brush synthetic grass inserts,Pro-X Software with 70 golf courses, a driving range, club analysis software and an advanced Ball Tracking module with 192 high-speed optical sensors.

blackfire
    Hi guys,

I exchage with a protee guy today and he told me that the screen shot that we see on the site is with an old version of sensor. he attached me a new screen shot that you'll be able to see and i'd like to ask you if it's possible

club: 7 iron
    club face: 3 degree closed
    club path: in/out 5 degree
    ball path: 7 degree right( that look's bizar no??)
    ball land 7,75 m left from target
    Attached Images

3 Wood northgolf is on a distinguished road
    Blackfire,

That makes even less sense than their older screen shot. Face is closed, so the ball absolutely can not start to the right of the club path. In fact, this shot should duck hook so hard it quacks even though it is a 7 iron. I couldn't read the face relative to path, does it say 8 degrees?

Thread Information