100 Holes of Hope
Closed Thread
Page 106 of 110 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,180 of 3271

Thread: Protee Sim

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    In the game's main screen, edit player and change the skill slider 1 or 2 clicks to the right towards power. I've seen it work in the fairway but not sure if it works on the tee. And not sure if it works correctly all the time.

7 Iron kinitex is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    In the game's main screen, edit player and change the skill slider 1 or 2 clicks to the right towards power. I've seen it work in the fairway but not sure if it works on the tee. And not sure if it works correctly all the time.
    Does having this set to max power affect how easily you can F up a shot? Vice versa if set to max accuracy will it be more forgiving in terms of direction of the ball?

Quote Originally Posted by kinitex View Post
    Does having this set to max power affect how easily you can F up a shot? Vice versa if set to max accuracy will it be more forgiving in terms of direction of the ball?
    No. For that, there's a "Forgiveness slider" in the interface's main setting screen. You can increase it up to 100% or beginner mode, in increments of 10.

Default of 0% = Professional mode, which would give you the most accurate club data and ball flight.
    At 100% or Beginner mode, all shots will pretty much go straight, which would be fun for kids.

9 Iron Baller is on a distinguished road
    I played with the skill slider today. It changes the aim of the shot from being skilled enough to hit the shot to the pin, versus aiming left to slice it and have it end up near the green... or so that's what it seemed to me. It didn't change the club at all.

Interesting. I don't remember it being like that.

Quote Originally Posted by bubs3141 View Post
    its like christmas time as a kid. You know I never really liked the wait then either. Keep teasing, ha ha ha ha
    Another tease...

It will be like a CD player that holds a lot of CDs.

7 Iron kinitex is on a distinguished road
    I got my first ever eagle today!

It was on a 317 yard par 4 at prairie dunes. Drove it 16 feet from the hole, and sunk the putt with a crazy break. I saved the replay of both shots ill see if I can get them up

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    Hi guys,

I'm probably going to pull the triger on one of these units soon and have a few questions:

1- Does PT show AOA when you have the Vcam and HCam?
    2- Does anyone have one of these setup in their garage? How does it hold up in winter?

Thanks,
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by HoganWoods View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm probably going to pull the triger on one of these units soon and have a few questions:

2- Does anyone have one of these setup in their garage? How does it hold up in winter?

Thanks,
    Rick
    AOA is not measured but estimated. I'm guessing it uses both club and ball data but I'm not 100% sure. AOA is only displayed in the interface's main screen at this point, and not in the game's analysis screen.

I think a couple of guys have their systems in the garage. Seal it good and keep it heated even when not in use.

Hybrid jhp016s is on a distinguished road
    Hogan, i have my set up in my garage. I live in Oregon so the climate is a bit more temperate, it gets down to the 20's here sometimes. I have a garage heater but i only use it when i am out there playing. Without the heater the coldest tit gets in The garage is about 40* and the electronics seem to be fine.

Thanks for the response guys. In Ontario it can get to -40C in the winter and my garage is dry walled but not insulated. I would get a heater but I don't know how secure I'd feel leaving it running all the time. I already have a 10x10 golf net in there with a mat in it's own corner. The other option is the dinning room which has 2 sections, one of which is currently not really used and has 10 foot ceilings. Mounting lights would be difficult though since the ceiling is like the inside of a triangle end. I also didn't get final approval for the wife yet. I'm not sure how a setup like this would affect the hardwood floors. Not to mention, I'd have to get a new frame as opposed to modifying my current one in the garage.

Edit: I've also read alot of threads on here and noticed in your pics that alot of you put no protection on the sides of your setups. No one is afraid of someone cold shanking one into the walls? That's another thing with my dinning room... big windows everywhere would provide alot of light and shank targets...

Some are using Almost golf balls and don't need side protection. I have 5ft of protection on both sides. How cold can it get in your garage? There are ways to protect the hardwood floor but you would still need to build a nice looking enclosure. The lights can be mounted inside the enclosure. Good luck getting your wife's approval for the dinning room.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    [QUOTE=HoganWoods;493660]Hi guys,

Hey Hogan. I live in Manitoba so you know how cold it gets here in the winter. I have my simulator in my garage. I did insulate the garage and use an electric construction heater to heat it. I leave the temperature at 5 degrees celsius all the time and when I want to play I turn it up to 20 degrees celsius about 2 hours before we start playing. This is my 3rd season with the ProTee in the garage and I have had no issues with the computer or sensor pads being out there all winter. I also have about 5 feet of protection on both sides of the screen and haven't had any balls flying outside the perimeter.

Yes, forget the dining room unless you have a very understanding wife!

Hey zmax,

Ya it can get pretty cold, say -25C without windshield. That's quite a few days a year. I have a door in my garage that goes to the basement, I could try and take the projector and computer out of there if I'm not home during the winter. As for the dinning room I ran it by her and she didn't say no immediately, so that's the good news. But you are right and I'd have to mount the lights and cameras into the enclosure. Problem is I was hoping to make a smaller enclosure for looks if I setup in there.

I've attached 2 pics. The first is the living room area wall on the left. It's 8(H) by 10(w) with a big window on the right. The apex of the ceiling is 10f.

The second is my current garage setup. As you can see it's a much better space and I could build it anyway i like. There's a central vac unit on the left that I could move elsewhere if needed. That space is 11(H) by 11(W). If I remove the central vac and shelf on the left I would get another 2 feet in width.

livingroom.jpggarage.jpg

Looks too cramped in your living room. You will need all the space you can get. Go for the garage.

The issue with the garage is that it's massive. The pic above is only a small corner of the garage. I don't know how big exactly but heating it will be a problem.

Lob Wedge bpep is on a distinguished road
    You could consider building a couple walls to section off the space and insulate the walls. Then it would be easy to heat unless u can't section off the area for some reason. Would need more pics to understand, but I tell ya this is half the fun of having a sim. Designing, building and redesigning. I have mine in the garage on a pulley system I designed. I'll have to post pics. Unfortunately owning a protee is just a dream for me. I have the optishot with hopes to get a protee someday. Too much $$$$ at this time. Good luck and keep us posted. I love this stuff.!!!

Hybrid jhp016s is on a distinguished road
    Hogan. Are you thinking of trying to heat that garage with just a space heater? If so, you are right it wont work. You'll need to get a true garage heater. I have a reznor garage heater that will heat about 500 sq ft (which is about my 2 car garage). Gets it to 70* in about 25 min. However, my garage is not insulated so it does lose heat fast. Not sure how that would work for you if you have to keep it a constant temp. Might get spendy

My garage must be at least 1000sqft. I think I'll get a space heater and setup an easy to remove projector. The computer that will be used is an all in one 24inch touchscreen. It only has one plug(power) so I can easily pop it out of there as well. Does anyone know if the sensors and cameras will be able to handle cold weather? Maybe I should start my own thread. So many thoughts going through..

-how to build platform
    -where to get good flooring and side panels
    -can I just cut a hole in my existing mat
    -projectors

Thankfully there are so many good threads on here.

My garage is about 500 square feet. I use about 2/3 of it (14ft x 21ft) and I wouldn't want to go with much less for space. If you insulate the space it doesn't cost a lot to heat it. You will appreciate a warm vehicle too, if you park it in the garage. There is a lot for you to consider at this point and like all construction experts say, preparation is 90% of the job. So do look at all your options and plan your project properly before you get too far. A space 10 feet wide will not offer you enough space to swing a club properly and if you use cameras you may not like the results you will get. If you have questions there are lots here to help.

Quote Originally Posted by psace View Post
    My garage is about 500 square feet. I use about 2/3 of it (14ft x 21ft) and I wouldn't want to go with much less for space. If you insulate the space it doesn't cost a lot to heat it. You will appreciate a warm vehicle too, if you park it in the garage. There is a lot for you to consider at this point and like all construction experts say, preparation is 90% of the job. So do look at all your options and plan your project properly before you get too far. A space 10 feet wide will not offer you enough space to swing a club properly and if you use cameras you may not like the results you will get. If you have questions there are lots here to help.
    Thanks for your input and I can see that there's a ridiculous amount of planning involved here. For the space I will see what I can do to best heat it. I currently have been swinging into the net (pic above) for months with both cars in the garage with no problem. Driver and everything. The space where the next is has 12 feet of width but where my actual mat is, there's maybe 30 feet of width. Its sorta like a trench in the corner of my garage and then it expands afterwards.

Now, that sounds like it would be much easier to deal with. If you can wall off that area but make the swinging area 18ft wide(if you wanted to accommodate both lefties and righties), you will have a room that will be easier to heat. The room will basically be in a T shape.

Now, that sounds like it would be much easier to deal with. If you can wall off that area but make the swinging area 18ft wide(if you wanted to accommodate both lefties and righties), you will have a room that will be easier to heat. The room will basically be in a T shape.
    Ya i'm trying to figure out exactly how I want to do it. How long do you think I need in order for someone tall to swing a driver? I've been swinging right now no problem with no wall behind me. I'm trying to determine how far back I have to go for the back wall and at the same time the cars have to still be able to fit in the garage.

I just added this mattress pad to the top of my hitting cage. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-LA-Z-BOY...item3f28db45ea

It sits on the top net between the rafters and the hitting cage. Didn't have to secure it to anything. It's heavy enough and the convoluted parts keep it on the net. Works great. I can now use real balls when hitting pitches and flops. I bought the CalKing size. $52 shipped.

Zmax, you are totally right on the lense you recommend! Mine came yesterday and make it SO MUCH EASIER to track the ball flight.

Thanks! I should've gotten them from the start. Now I have to fix my messed up swing that I have developed by hitting lame shots while configuring the camera and getting frustrated while doing so.

Ben

5 Iron mcook is on a distinguished road
    Now if only a better camera lens instantly resulted in a better swing and a lower handicap! I'd be buying stock in Point Grey!!!

I'm expecting a new beta interface any day now, probably Monday. Includes fix for flop shots and a new Hcam method.

I'm expecting a new beta interface any day now, probably Monday. Includes fix for flop shots and a new Hcam method.
    Can't wait! Thanks Z!

No problem. It's actually more than a fix. It'll be better way of detecting flops.

Zmax, I don't currently have the H-Cam. It's rare I see a shot go in a different direction on the sim than I actually hit it... Would you recommend it anyway? Does it have other benefits? Would I just need to buy the camera and that's it?

Thread Information