OK, so it's that time of year again and in order to keep the golf itch alive, I'm going to do what I do every year, think about tweaking the set in the off season.

This year I tried a graphite shaft in a 4i head as an experiment and I was surprised at how well it worked. Overall I think it was a better club than the 4-hybrid that I was using in that I was able to hit it high or low off the tee or fairway whereas the hybrid was high ball flight only.

So, I am pondering reshafting one of the iron sets with graphite. All the way down to the wedges.

The shaft in the 4i is a UST V2 95g, which while not nearly as heavy as the steel shafts I currently play (125g or 115g) is still on the heavy-ish side for a graphite.

The particular shafts I'm eyeballing are the AXE iron shafts which are 85g in S-flex. I'm thinking of the AXE because I put an AXE-7 in the driver and an AXE-FWY into the 4W at the end of the season and they are very good.

Does anyone on the board have any experience with the AXE iron shafts? If not, any thoughts about going this route? I haven't decided if I will try to get the SW on the graphite set to match my steel set or whether or not to play them at a lower SW. If I do match the SW I haven't decided whether to play them at steel length with tip weights or play them a little longer. Heck, I might just MOI match them for kicks.

Thankfully there's lot's of time from now until next April to figure this out.........