CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar

It finally happened!!!

Well I knew it was just a matter of time but it finally happened on Saturday. I have been playing golf with a very nice and very talented young Jr. golfer named Kendall Allen for the last couple of years. Her mother likes it when we play golf together cause it helps lift her game and skills to play against better players from the same tee box. She has never beat me while playing from the same tees, that is till Saturday when she 3 putted the last hole to tie me with a 72 from the back tees. The starter couldn't believe it that a 16 year old 5'2" girl could play that well in the cold and very windy conditions. Well she did and I was lucky not to get a L in the wins and loss column. She had 3 birdies in a row on the front nine and finished with a 33, I knew I was in trouble with my outclassed 35. She finally let me catch up a bit when we hit a couple of really long holes into a 25 mph wind. I think it will be really soon that she just kicks my old behind and sends me home with my tail between my legs. I believe she is playing in a junior tournament at Cypress Point this weekend and I hope she does very well. She is like watching a machine from off the tee, every shot the same, slight draw 220 to 235 down the middle . I want to grow up to be just like her .
    Last edited by ironmaster15213; 11-01-2010 at 11:58 AM. Reason: spelling

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    all of a sudden I'm really depressed.

congrads to her!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I feel your pain.After getting my behind kicked everytime I play with junior golfers, you get used to it.
    I am always amazed at how they flight the ball so well. Its a treat to play with them and I recommend at least one whoopin a week to keep you humble.
    Good for her and wish her well at the tournement.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Wow... good for her... what a nice athlete.

I love playing with Jr player... it is always amazing how far they hit with minimum effort...

Good for her and you also with a 72 in bad conditions...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    That is amazing, I hope she kicks butt at Cyprus.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

3 Wood goley is on a distinguished road
    A tie isnt a win but its close... you can still hold on to that one. Its too bad she had to 3 jack, she must have realized that she was close and got a little nervous on the last hole. Shes got nothing to do but get better... watch out and good luck.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Frank, I love the story. She is fortunate to have you assisting her in developing her game. I'm sure, though, that the sessions are mutually beneficial. After all, you will really focus not to be bested and she will press to get the old guy. It's perfect. Now, tell us: do you play for a few quarters along the way?

Hope you have a great fall and winter.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    Frank, I love the story. She is fortunate to have you assisting her in developing her game. I'm sure, though, that the sessions are mutually beneficial. After all, you will really focus not to be bested and she will press to get the old guy. It's perfect. Now, tell us: do you play for a few quarters along the way?

Hope you have a great fall and winter.
    ......we have a standing bet of a dollar for every hole won, not by strokes. I won a dollar Saturday and she won four dollars the last time we played, she played from the ladies tee and shot a three under par round against me. We always joke around and I tell her "why are you beating up on an old man" and she always comes back with "why are you trying to beat up on a little girl". She has a swing coach so I don't tell her how to swing but I'll tell her mother if I see anything of interest that her coach should know. I also talked her into changing her ball to a pro v from a pro v 1 X. I also helped her with some small putting changes. both things have made for great improvements in her scoring. I truly, truly enjoy playing golf with her, she's like a little sister to me and I only want happiness for her.

Ace TWoody is on a distinguished road TWoody's Avatar
    Frank you know you may have to caddie for her. That calm and confience you give her may be just what she needs.
    TWoody (Mule56)
    Member of the TGN Team
    MEMBER OF THE 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Thread Information