100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    Putter break100 is on a distinguished road
    for a hitting screen, I am using a 120" diagonal manual Accue screen cinema projection screen, which I got from tiger direct and it works perfect, it can handle a real golf ball, but it's loud at impact.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by purgasoj View Post
    I Did it!!! Finally finished reading the now closed 90+ pages of the original DD thread. Thanks to Psace, Bubba22, Marine1, zmax, RDH, Cory, etc. for all of your trials and successes on helping me to start building my basement setup with DD simulator. I am getting my Projector, DD, ceiling mount and Video Card from Santa- I already have 4 driving range mats im going to use for a base- and have the painters tarp (for now) hanging from my unfinished ceiling for the impact screen. I already have a Turftiles putting green to use to practice my putting next to my sim- I am sooo ready to start since it has been too cold here in MD to golf outside since around thanksgiving. Thanks again to you all- and if I forgot to mention someone- thanks to you as well. Oh Canada!!!
    Congrats, get ready to have fun....

Quote Originally Posted by caddishack View Post
    i have seen that option wherby you can increase distance or swing speed. can you explain with an example how to use the swing speed? I have used the distance %age but mabe it really needs a speed swing adjustment, I just dont really understand it.
    You can do either or both. I would adjust the swing speed first to match your average driver swing speed. Then adjust the distance if you have to.

Putter CVHSAlumni is on a distinguished road
    Has anyone played with the optishot on tiger 2008?

How are the courses from: course downloads.com

Thanks!

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Yup, played the TW with Optishot, shots went straight almost every time even when I pushed and pulled it. Not worth the time, it works much better with the P3Pro.

Optishot / Dancin' Dogg on a MAC

Hey All,

I get asked a lot if the Optishot works on a MAC, well here is the latest answer as provided by their latest tech support guru:

"We have no immediate plans to develop a Mac compatible version of our software nor support its use on Mac’s. That said, a number of OptiShot users have been successfully running the software on a Windows installation on their Mac’s that have been set up to dual boot to either Windows or Mac. Please visit your local Mac provider for more information on how to set up your Mac to dual boot or visit the link below.

Mac 101: Using Windows on your Mac via Boot Camp

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1461"

Hopefully that helps - if anyone else has had any experience with running any simulator on a MAC, I would love to hear how it went. Please email me at cory@par2pro.com.

Take care & Merry Christmas
    Cory

Sand Wedge skinsthegolf is on a distinguished road
    Course selection is in the hundreds, both real courses and fantasy courses members design. TW 06 offers software, known as Course Architect, to design your own course you can play on.
    As far as playability, You can make them as hard or easy as you want based on settings in TW and Optishot. You would have to play with the settings to find what you consider an accurate representation of your ability.
    Being in Pittsburgh I find it nice to be able to fire up Optishot and travel to just about anywhere in the world for 18 holes. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by skinsthegolf; 12-21-2010 at 10:33 AM. Reason: forgot "and "

8 Iron caddishack is on a distinguished road caddishack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skinsthegolf View Post
    Course selection is in the hundreds, both real courses and fantasy courses members design. TW 06 offers software, known as Course Architect, to design your own course you can play on.
    As far as playability, You can make them as hard or easy as you want based on settings in TW and Optishot. You would have to play with the settings to find what you consider an accurate representation of your ability.
    Being in Pittsburgh I find it nice to be able to fire up Optishot and travel to just about anywhere in the world for 18 holes. Just my opinion.
    ....but as was mentioned here earlier, the game play is not the same as using the optishots own courses? In other words the swing is simply perfect every time?

I am a designer using TW06 and over the years with the old PGA 2000 golf game (which was bought by EA to create TW btw) I had designed 26 courses which were uploaded. i would love to know if the pad actually makes TW fun to play or is every shot perfect?

4 Iron akyyyy is on a distinguished road
    an bit of an update on my situation. i was missing gripper tee from my box. i contacted DD and they sent me out another one along with a $20 coupon for a premium course. I havent received it yet, nice of them to send the $20 coupon.

good Customer Service.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Merry Christmas to all simmers out there!

I will be leaving the forum as I have contributed all I can and there are others who can continue the effort.

So long

Brent

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Say it isn't so psace. Thank you for all your contributions. Hopefully you will pop in once in a while to say hello. Take care.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Ah "Brent" - the veil is lifted... Seriously though...what's the scoop on you not wanting to come on here any more? You've posted a lot of great commentary on things. Not sure what's going on with you...if you do cut out, you'll be missed.

Eagle TA 845 is on a distinguished road
    I hear ya psace... I mean Brent! You can flog a dead horse only so many times!

Bon Voyage Brent...

Thank you so much for your contributions - we all really appreciate your efforts and have helped make this forum the great resource that it is today.

Hope you check back now and then.

I feel like we should all chip in and throw you a going away party

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Bonne Fette, and all that jazz.
    Cory

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Thanks very much, guys, I really appreciate the kind words. I am not upset but it's like TA said.

I will check back occassionally.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I'll chip in for a party. Psace has been a huge part of this forum and has helped a lot of folks. Do check in as much as you can psace.

Quote Originally Posted by psace View Post
    Thanks very much, guys, I really appreciate the kind words. I am not upset but it's like TA said.

I will check back occassionally.
    Happy holidays psace.

Psace is leaving and so is my Optishot. The P3pro+courses put a dent in my wallet and there's really no reason for me to keep both. The Optishot is a great simulator for the price. I was lucky that my Taylormade 07 Burner driver had no problems with it. I'm going to miss the ambience of the 3DD courses.

Sorry for so long to respond...Christmas and all. I think playing TW with the pad is very enjoyable. As I wrote before, you can make them as hard or easy as you want based on settings in TW and Optishot.
    What courses have you designed ? I would like to start designing but haven't a clue as to what to do. I'm amazed when i download a newly designed course from coursedownloads and see the detail designers put into a course.

Setting up/ using DD

I would like to get some ideas as to how you each setup DD from out of the box. Could you play it "as is", and if not what was inaccurate or wrong and what did you do to correct it ?
    Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas to all !!!!
    Attached Images

Sorry for so long to respond...Christmas and all. I think playing TW with the pad is very enjoyable. As I wrote before, you can make them as hard or easy as you want based on settings in TW and Optishot.
    What courses have you designed ? I would like to start designing but haven't a clue as to what to do. I'm amazed when i download a newly designed course from coursedownloads and see the detail designers put into a course.
    I only actually desined one course for TW but never uploaded as I was having issues with my laptop. I distributed it among some friends online so it is still out there. I designed 26 courses for pga2000 which was technically the father of TW, so the architect program was almost identical. My Handle was Gabagoo so you could find courses through there.

The learning curve to design is not to bad but it became an obsession with me wherby I spent hundreds of hours over 3 years fine tuning the designs until I reached a point whereby I could pop them out one a month and to pretty good reviews.

I deleted all my TW courses and libraries as well as the game when my laptop aquired a nasty virus and made just about every program un-useable.
    I should reinstall it I guess and see how it works on the Optigolf.

PGAX designs the best courses for TW. They actually designed every course played throughout the year that the PGA played and had tournaments matching the pga schedule...pretty awesome

Putter CVHSAlumni is on a distinguished road
    I have been getting all my data together for when my Optishot comes tomorrow to customize my club settings.

I can not find the "offset" for my hybrid or wedges.

Have you been calling the companies if you can't find the offset numbers listed?

And how big of a difference does it make?

Thanks!

Putter Whiskeyjack is on a distinguished road
    I've installed Optishot on my Imac (24" 9.1). I installed Windows XP with both Parallels desktop (virtual) and Boot Camp. Boot Camp is best. I have had no problems at all. I also have it installed on a PC running XP. The Mac is way faster.
    For some one who asked about using Optishot without a ball, I have a projector and large screen in my family room and I set up in there some times when we have people over. It's fine for when inside...lot's of fun.

I would like to get some ideas as to how you each setup DD from out of the box. Could you play it "as is", and if not what was inaccurate or wrong and what did you do to correct it ?
    Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas to all !!!!

whowahhh!!!!! I have never seen those screen shots before in my game? Is this a new purchased unit or old software?
    I need to know

Today was a great day using the Optishot. First off I have had problems with driver 3 wood and the occassional hybrid. I understand that it is the amount of reflectivity caused by to much metal.
    I am in the graphics industry so I coated each club bottom with a matte black vinyl and then cut 3/4" - 1" reflective white vinyl strips to adhere to the leading edge of the clubs... VOILA!!! success and we were hitting the balls as they should be hit. Occasioanl hooks and slices due to swing issues, but for themost part the driving was great with minor draws and fades. Very happy now and we really had a good afternoon playing.

If any of you guys in the Ottawa area need vinyl check out a supplier like ND Graphics or Proveer. You can buy small quantities of vinyl to do the coverings.

Those shots are in "Practice Zone" found in - Start - Programs - DD golf -Optishot- Practice Zone - Preferences on the menu. You can do a lot of the club settings from the Driving Range when you make a new set of clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
    Those shots are in "Practice Zone" found in - Start - Programs - DD golf -Optishot- Practice Zone - Preferences on the menu. You can do a lot of the club settings from the Driving Range when you make a new set of clubs.

not on my version of the software.

OK I stand corrected its there.. I wish this gizmo came with a manual. How would anyone stumble upon this.

What do I do in here.... I mean I know I can set up my clubs in a regular game so is this more precise or is it something completely different?

When you set up clubs in the game, you can also find them in here. This is also the only place you can play the cources from TW 08. You have to have a copy of the game (TW 08) installed to play the cources though. You can get a copy from Amazon for about $5.00.
    I found the game worked fine without setting up clubs. That being said by setting up your own clubs within the game it does play more acurate.

Has anybody downloaded and played the Whispering Dunes course?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
    When you set up clubs in the game, you can also find them in here. This is also the only place you can play the cources from TW 08. You have to have a copy of the game (TW 08) installed to play the cources though. You can get a copy from Amazon for about $5.00.
    I found the game worked fine without setting up clubs. That being said by setting up your own clubs within the game it does play more acurate.

OK that makes sense.... I tried playing tw06 yesterday but could not figure out how to make it work.
    Would you say playing TW on the optishot is as good as playing the 3dd courses? I mean in the the sense of the dynamics of hitting the ball, fades slices etc....

Yesterday I played a desert course and twice the ball landed off the fairway and seemed to be elevated in a bush. Tried everything to get the ball out and in the end picked up with a 10. I couldn't find a drop option. Is there one?

Thread Information