100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    Putter Whiskeyjack is on a distinguished road
    Hi does anyone in Ottawa have the Optishot and willing to show it?

4 Iron akyyyy is on a distinguished road
    Anyone know how often DD releases update? And new courses?

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Randomly a few times per year.

Gap Wedge Cape is on a distinguished road

Stance mat

Hey wondering what people are using to stand on? I know that they do make a mat with cutout, but is there somewhere in canada that sells it at a decent price? Or any tips for a diy solution? Thanks

Putter kenny13 is on a distinguished road
    I use plywood with rubber mat underneath and covered on top by the fake grass rug. Make a cutout for the sensor pad and a track for the usb cable on the bottom. The plywood is 3/4 inch thick and with the rubber mat under and fake grass on top, it's just about level.

Gap Wedge TVANS216 is on a distinguished road

Why shot data and ball flight don't match?

Last night several of us played the DD on our new setup and we had a blast. The only question is that when someone would hit one off of the extreme toe or heel the shot data would read it correctly but the ball flight represented seemed to be based upon swing speed and path. I would like to see a preset ball flight based upon swing speed,path and club face contact which would show a greater penalty for bad contact on the club face position. When you toe a shot, in my experience, it tends to shoot right and much lower ( for RH golfers) and a heel shot typically lower left. I know that they do not have launch angle, but they could preset flight perimeters based upon heel and toe shots. We currently use the Game Improvement settings which would under normal conditions be more forgiving but I would like to think using Players Clubs settings would be less forgiving and maybe a more realistic experience. This seems to be a very simple request.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    I agree TVANS216. DD does not register those extreme shots properly as it is a little more forgiving than it should be. You should contact DD and ask to incorporate those ideas. If we don't ask we won't receive. Also, it would be nice if shots hit closer to the sole of the club would have a lower ball flight.

Ball Flight

I have contacted DD in regards to the Ball Flight being more consistent with the Swing Data. I am currently waiting for a response, but I feel that this could be implemented very easily. Hopefully they will consider making a change which would really improve the playability of the system. I'm not knocking the system I would just like to see some improvements which could be made with the existing system and software.

I think it is a good idea for the dd (and the P3pro at that matter). I would not be optimistic that they would do that however you never know and all you can do is ask. The fact is that these sims have great limitations but overall are fun. Tweaking the penalties has been discussed and requested before, but obviously not done. It would be only a software change and one that can be ticked on or off if one desired. It wouldn't make it as good as a ball monitor however it would improve things for sure. Let us know the response.

if anyones interested Dick's is selling the optishot for 25 percent off
    u have to add to cart to see price

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...5&clickid=cart
    Merchandise Subtotal: $ 299.96 Estimated Shipping and Handling:
    Based on ground shipping within continental U.S. $8.59 Free Shipping on orders of $49 or more!
    (See Promotion Details) -$8.59 Sales Tax:
    $0.00 Estimated Total: $299.96
    Last edited by akyyyy; 11-29-2010 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by akyyyy View Post
    if anyones interested Dick's is selling the optishot for 25 percent off
    u have to add to cart to see price

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...5&clickid=cart
    looks like the optishot if removed from their site. for 299.99 i can see why

Optishot on backorder!

I noticed today that there is a backorder on the DD on their website. Looks like business is good! Maybe this will lead to some product development . Let's hope so.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    You would hope dd would do more for their supporters. There hasn't been much happening lately. They haven't added anything that I have asked for but then again have any of the other companies done much lately.

Things move slow in this industry. I doubt there will be any movement with the dd. I do hope they make some software and hardware changes but am not optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Things move slow in this industry. I doubt there will be any movement with the dd. I do hope they make some software and hardware changes but am not optimistic.
    do you mean addons or totally new hardware? hope not since im just about to get the current model

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    We all want more features like ball launch angle, ball direction and yes spin would be nice too!
    But please keep the price at $399 LOL

I don't think they (DD) will change the unit at all and go into launch angle with a cam is just to much hassle and complains.
    Right now they have a unit you unpack install the software and hit the ball.

I would love to have a Cam launch angle even if there was calibration and other hoops every time you fired it up.
    Would just use it for practice and not have it on for having fun playing a round.

You will be happy with the DD. The only short coming I feel is the short game.
    But since I still need a lot of practice with driver, woods and irons I do not worry about it for now.

Bjarne

Highly unlikely the dd will change their sensor pad. Adding the ball cam may be an option however I suspect they will not go in that direction.

I would pay for an extra pay for another piece of hardware for launch angle. You could build as you could afford it.

how does the DD determine slices if theres no spin detection? Is it solely from club path and face angle?

another Q, in real golf i cannot hit my 4 iron at all... will this show on the DD sim? or will it show good contact even though in reality my contact with 4i is very poor

just got my optishot, and going through the setup as directed to on this page
    http://www.dancindogg.com/quickstart_guide

it says

Turn the Optical Swing Pad over and insert the tee in the round hole on
    the bottom of the pad until it is
    flush against the device.
    but i didnt receive the gripper tee, just the 2 skinny practice tees... are these not included anymore or am i missing this?

I just bought mine as well and I have the 2 plastic tee inserts and a rubber gripper to insert them into.

Well that blows. Waitied this long and it doesn't even come complete. Who should I contact DD or the retailer? Can I use it off the mat (on the hole) and get accurate readings. So far messing around with it for 5 mins (gotta wait for the kid to go to sleep) it reads opposite fave angles (opened/closed). I've got the pad oriented in the correct direction. Might be an issue with shadows in my temp room(can only do half swings right now) would trying it with the lights off be better?

Also when starting my backswing do I have to be careful not to trigger the rear sensors before actually taking the club back. I do have a waggle that I do before (with my club) starting the actual backswing. Will this effect anything. I didn't do it when testing

i double checked the box, no rubber tee. looks like it optishot sells this as a replacement part for 7.99
    http://store.dancindogg.com/ddstore/...ode=DG&Offset=

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    You will be fine hitting of the grass top that what I do except with driver and 3 wood. I read somewhere that somebody made a tee holder out of a vine cork.

You might trigger the 'tempo' with the waggle my wife does so her swing tempo is often displayed as 6-10 sec. Doesn't change anything related to the impact.
    Hope you get the tee situation sorted out and have fun with the unit.

Bjarne

Quote Originally Posted by syhlif32 View Post
    You will be fine hitting of the grass top that what I do except with driver and 3 wood. I read somewhere that somebody made a tee holder out of a vine cork.

You might trigger the 'tempo' with the waggle my wife does so her swing tempo is often displayed as 6-10 sec. Doesn't change anything related to the impact.
    Hope you get the tee situation sorted out and have fun with the unit.

Bjarne
    so far my waggle hasn't effected tempo. what is a good tempo anyway? ive just changed out my bulbs to CFL hopefully that'll help with the inaccuracies.

Sand Wedge purgasoj is on a distinguished road
    Akyyy,
    I had the special tee in my DD i ordered from Dicks- It is technically a xmas present- so I gotta wait a couple more weeks to try it out- but looking forward to it. I am in the meantime making my hitting area in the unfinished part of my basement. I am looking forward to hearing if the CFL lights helped- I have a light directly above where I will be hitting- and above the sensors- but I am also putting in a dimmer switch to lower the light output. Those with systems already- is it best to have it as dark as possible for the sensors to work. My room will be very dark with lights off or dimmed low.

just got a reply from DD, theyre going to send me a rubber gripper tee in the mail.

as for the lighting, i havent tried it with the new CFL bulbs yet, but they are recommended on the DD site. i will let you know once i get a chance to try it.

I am going to have my computer in another room just outside the door of where my simulator setup is going to be- to control the changing of clubs, advancing, etc. do I need a wireless keyboard and mouse or just the mouse? I am going to be using a projector and a long 25 ft. cable to reach my computer outside the door when using the optishot. This is all temporary till I get another computer to dedicate to the DD setup. Thanks

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by purgasoj View Post
    I am going to have my computer in another room just outside the door of where my simulator setup is going to be- to control the changing of clubs, advancing, etc. do I need a wireless keyboard and mouse or just the mouse? I am going to be using a projector and a long 25 ft. cable to reach my computer outside the door when using the optishot. This is all temporary till I get another computer to dedicate to the DD setup. Thanks

I use an RF air-mouse/remote. Works great and looks cool. This is the one I have: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

A wireless keyboard is not needed but It'll be nice to have.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    I use an RF air-mouse/remote. Works great and looks cool. This is the one I have: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

A wireless keyboard is not needed but It'll be nice to have.

Thanks - that does look cool!!

Thread Information