CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    Known entity psace is on a distinguished road

Dancin Dogg "Only"

Thought I should start a thread just for Dancin Dogg Optishot
    Last edited by psace; 12-03-2011 at 09:15 AM.

Gap Wedge disco2424 is on a distinguished road
    One thing I will mention about Dancin Dogg is they offer great customer service. I called a couple weeks ago about the issue's I've had with hitting my woods and they sent out (free of charge) their custom driver for the DD. I called back due to the fact I really would like to be hitting my own driver and they are going to be speaking with their developers if there is any software adjustments that can be made. My 30 day warranty has expired but they said because I have been working with them and they want to make sure I'm happy they will extend until we have exhausted all options.

Gap Wedge Houdini is on a distinguished road Houdini's Avatar
    All I can tell you is that I have 2 setups in a commercial setting and the clients have so much fun playing the system. The graphics are fantastic and the price is awesome. What else is important for me is the ease of use. I have a 91 year old who played it regularly last winter. All in all i love the thing. I don't care about launch angle or spin rates or technical feedback, my application is all about FUN!

The Dancin Dogg does create fun!

4 Iron akyyyy is on a distinguished road
    im thinking of getting this simulator... does this one have the better graphics than the other ones out there...

what i dont want this to do is give me a false sense of my swing being better than it is...

Yes, this system is alot of fun and is pretty darn accurate. If you want to get technical with your golf swing it will cost you dearly. Every minor jump up the ladder will be in the thousands.

The graphics are amazing especially for the low price and are the best part of the simulator. You have to make sure everything is setup properly to get the accuracy you want. The main limitation as others have alluded to, is some drivers will not register properly. Callaways with reflective bottoms seem to be the best.

Their customer service is second to none and they seem to want to improve on what they already have.

All in all, $400 well spent.

Cool

Before buying the optishot, want to know what the experience would be like using my LCD tv, is anyone using their tv instead of a projector?

I just can't afford the full setup with projector right now.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by akyyyy View Post
    Before buying the optishot, want to know what the experience would be like using my LCD tv, is anyone using their tv instead of a projector?

I just can't afford the full setup with projector right now.
    I'm currently using a 37" 1080p LCD flat panel via DVI, while I'm waiting for my projector. The picture is great but it's very difficult to judge the distance for chipping and putting. I imagine it would be easier if the image was on the screen in front of me, but it's still fun to play.

I'm about to start playing at Augusta National for the first time ever!

It is much easier and more realistic when you are hitting into a screen for the short game. I find the putting and chipping quite good except the wedges don't roll very much. Enjoy Augusta. Be sure to try it from the back tees once in a while.

I just read on the golf channel website that dancin dogg plans to provide online play for this simulator. Good news for optishot owners!!

Quote Originally Posted by psace View Post
    It is much easier and more realistic when you are hitting into a screen for the short game. I find the putting and chipping quite good except the wedges don't roll very much. Enjoy Augusta. Be sure to try it from the back tees once in a while.
    I just shot a 78 with a few mulligans due to sensor misreads with my hybrids. The uneven lies and rough did not come into play. And I also played from the middle tees.

I just read on the golf channel website that dancin dogg plans to provide online play for this simulator. Good news for optishot owners!!
    Is that true? That would cool.
    Last edited by ZMax; 10-31-2010 at 11:52 PM.

Does this course come with the optishot. Or is it on tw08?

Augusta, Pebble Beach, St. Andrews, and Whistling Straits are premium courses which means that it will cost you $50 each to download them.

Way to go Zmax

Augusta, Pebble Beach, St. Andrews, and Whistling Straits are premium courses which means that it will cost you $50 each to download them.

Way to go Zmax
    I see, but cant you play these of Tiger Woods 2008 which is only $5-$10... what am i missing here, thx.

And when u play using tiger woods, are you using tiger as the player? Do the attributes of the video game player matter if you're the one swinging the club?

and, how does the SIM measure if you hit off the sweet spot/heel/toe... considering you dont need to hit an actual ball. Is this based on the fact the ball "Should" be where the tee is located?

thx

Way to go Zmax
    Gonna play a few holes at Whistling Straits. It's getting late here.

Btw, for anybody that's looking for a screen, the $300 screen from Custom Golf Design is very quiet.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    That's the screen I bought (through Cory) ZMax. I agree with that comment - it's very cloth-like and is very quiet. My old screen (an older material used by customdesigngolf) had a loud smacking sound whenever the ball hit. It was a nice change.

akyyyy - There's no comparison in the realism between Tiger Woods Golf and 3DD. 3DD is a true simulation software, that takes your face angle, swing speed, club path, etc. and calculates a realistic flight. Tiger Woods Golf is a video game, where Dancin Dogg created an interface to take the optishot readings and use them to try to force the game to produce a similar ball flight...but that's all it's doing. No true calculations there. Plus you're seeing a golfer on-screen rather than a "true view" from the point of view of yourself looking out on the course.

Disclaimer - I never actually set up the Tiger Woods Golf interface as I viewed it this way. Others can comment on whether it's realistic or not compared to 3DD.

Quote Originally Posted by rdh View Post

akyyyy - There's no comparison in the realism between Tiger Woods Golf and 3DD. 3DD is a true simulation software, that takes your face angle, swing speed, club path, etc. and calculates a realistic flight. Tiger Woods Golf is a video game, where Dancin Dogg created an interface to take the optishot readings and use them to try to force the game to produce a similar ball flight...but that's all it's doing. No true calculations there. Plus you're seeing a golfer on-screen rather than a "true view" from the point of view of yourself looking out on the course.

Disclaimer - I never actually set up the Tiger Woods Golf interface as I viewed it this way. Others can comment on whether it's realistic or not compared to 3DD.
    ok i understand now. so the 3DD Courses are the way to go. i really want to get this sim but i wont be able to get a projector/impact screen right now... not sure if it's going to be as realistic as id like it on a TV screen or computer monitor.

might just hold off, in case something better comes out in the mean time...

does DD release updates often? are there any updates scheduled to be released any time soon?

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    akyyyy at $399 I don't think you will see anything cheaper at this time so I wouldn't suggest holding off for a better/cheaper sim. There is the Golf Launchpad but definitely the dd is better.

alexz
    On their website, I see :
    "OptiShot has been expertly tested under proper operating conditions to have club head speed accuracy of +/- 2.0 miles per hour. Face angle accuracy is within +/- 1.5 degrees and swing path within +/- 2.0 degrees."

That means if the club face is + 1,0° left, it's possible that the DD gives -0,5° right ? With the +/- 2.0° swing path, that can give a totally opposite result ?

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    It could have up to a 3 degree fault! One degree on the open/closed club face and another 2 degrees on the swing path.Not sure how much that means in ball deviation but would think that size fault even on a long drive would only be a few yards. You might have a hard time getting yourself aligned that accurate to the ball both on the simulator and out on the golf course
    I bought a DD a few months back and is very happy with it.
    Have no issues with any of our drivers at all. Only the first few times I used it I had problems because of alignment of the unit VS the screen.

Bjarne

I really like my dd too, Sy. I am just sorry that my rotator cuff injury in my left shoulder is preventing me from using it right now. I think there are too many negative comments about this sim. Dollar for dollar it is still the best buy, unless of course you want to be a club fitter.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    It will be interesting to see how all the advertising for Optishot on the golf channel translates to sales for DD. They're clearly doing well to be able to invest in that type of promotion, and if it pays off we'll be seeing a lot more DD owners showing up on here.

They certainly are targeting the home user. Like I said before, they will do well do to their pricepoint. Psace I wouldn't say there are a lot of negative comments about the dd. Some users have true issues with the product accuracy especially with the drivers and it has to be discussed. It is what it is . Others like yourself have had good success and that is awesome. I certainly agree that the value of the Optishot is unbeatable however every sim have different values, albeit at varying costs.

Quote Originally Posted by rdh View Post
    It will be interesting to see how all the advertising for Optishot on the golf channel translates to sales for DD. They're clearly doing well to be able to invest in that type of promotion, and if it pays off we'll be seeing a lot more DD owners showing up on here.
    this is where i first saw the optishot. was skeptical, as i am with all items for sale on late night infomercials. seemed like a cheesy infomercial to be honest, until i read reviews on this site.

I experienced some choppiness last night while playing at Bethpage Black. With the addition of the projector, I decided to turn anti-aliasing up to the max. I've already had the other settings at high.

Resolution is 1920x1080p. Computer is an AMD4800 dual core with 2GB of ram. Video card is Nvidia based GTS250 with 512MB.

With anti-aliasing at 2, everything runs fine. I thing the bottleneck here is the AMD4800. I see that TigerDirect has an AMD630 quad core/motherboard combo for $120. I should probably upgrade anyway since I'm planning on getting the P3pro also.

Quad core will be a better bet for the p3pro. It should run the dd fine.

Bubba, isn't quad core just for running different applications at the same? Would the speed of one application be faster with quad core versus dual core?

My understanding is that when you run the integration program for the GSA courses you are in effect running multiple programs to link the p3pro data/program to the GSA virtual courses. I think the better the processor the faster/better that info is transfered etc. At least that is what I think. My upgrade from the laptop to desktop (faster processor, more memory, better video card) has made an appreciable difference.

big hitter
    Still searching for a computer that will run my DD. Does anyone know of anything out there that is $250 or under that will run the DD without any problems? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Bighitter, the main component you need is a good video card. I would suggest at least 512 mb of memory on the video card. If you can find a computer at $200.00 you would be a lucky man. I had a laptop with nvidia 128mb that was a little choppy with all graphic options on maximum settings.

anyone hear of this place

http://www.nygolfcenter.com/nygolf/p...64TV0V77490B66

it's $50 cheaper than anywhere else ive seen it...

I also just found this optishot setup
    http://www.thoughts.com/bobstein/bud...or-dancin-dogg
    Last edited by akyyyy; 11-07-2010 at 01:33 AM.

Thread Information