100 Holes of Hope
Closed Thread
    Putter nc_redneck is on a distinguished road

Thanks to everyone

Hello to everyone from here in North Carolina where its still 75 degrees and the outdoor golf is plentiful! I haven't posted in awhile, but wanted to thank everyone for their input and discussion on the DD. I have been using my DD setup for about 8 months now, and have gone from shooting high 90's (outdoors-real courses) to breaking 80 a few times last month, and consistently shooting 80-84. I attribute the improvement to all the hours of swinging indoors on the DD. I have found that as long as I have the pad aligned correctly, it reads my swing more than accurate enough for what I need.

I went with a renovated basement, tearing out a drop ceiling and mounting an Epson 705hd projector. I bought an 11ft movie screen on ebay and the picture is amazing. The room doubles as our family room where we watch movies or ball games, but when the kids go to bed I load up Pebble Beach and swing away. I run the laptop's sound directly into my receiver, so you hear the birds and your swing in surround sound. Since I didn't want a ball hitting my projection screen and didn't want to mess with a net, I hooked a 4 foot bungy cord under the DD (where the tee connects) and attached a plastic practice ball to the end. The ball flies a few feet and recoils, never hitting my screen. I go through about 10 balls a month, but they are much less expensive than the screen!

I have really enjoyed reading about everyone's set up and experiences with the DD. Thanks again to everyone who posts their ideas on this forum, as it really helped me get going. If you are considering getting the DD, I would highly recommend it.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    You're right...all of these systems are a lot of fun to use. I've had limited time to use mine over the past while, but I got on it for a bit a couple times in the past week, and I'd almost forgotten how much fun it really is. We live in a great time for technology like this to be feasible for use at home!

Thread Information