CorporateGolfXtra 2024
Closed Thread
    Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar

I returned my DD today

I returned my DD today because of the exact same issues some posters are experiencing. Swing path is straight but the clubface is closed anywhere from 10-30 degrees, with all clubs. I thought maybe I was lining up the device improperly so I manually grabbed the club and swung straight across slowly with an open clubface, it still reads closed. The device is giving me 30-100 yard hooks for all shots. They have the proper distance readings but it's not playable with that hook. I configured the DD with all the stats from my Burner 09s, with the exception of the offset (as discussed before the max value on the DD is 1 and all my clubs have a higher offset according to the specs)

I guess its back to the Dome for me this winter. thanks for your help guys.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Sorry to hear that HoganWoods. Really, that's a very strange result. If you just said the woods were reading that way, I would understand it. I don't know of anyone who has had those kind of issues with irons though...as long as they are reasonably shiny/reflective. Very odd...and disappointing for you.

Gap Wedge disco2424 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by HoganWoods View Post
    I returned my DD today because of the exact same issues some posters are experiencing. Swing path is straight but the clubface is closed anywhere from 10-30 degrees, with all clubs. I thought maybe I was lining up the device improperly so I manually grabbed the club and swung straight across slowly with an open clubface, it still reads closed. The device is giving me 30-100 yard hooks for all shots. They have the proper distance readings but it's not playable with that hook. I configured the DD with all the stats from my Burner 09s, with the exception of the offset (as discussed before the max value on the DD is 1 and all my clubs have a higher offset according to the specs)

I guess its back to the Dome for me this winter. thanks for your help guys.
    That's to bad. I started building a 800 sq foot garage with 10 foot ceilings with building this in mind. I built a 300 sq foot studio space that is nicer then my house for this. It sounds like a lot of people have had these same issue's. I contacted Dancin Dogg last night and I'm still waiting for a response. If I hear anything or can make any progress I will let everybody know.

Thanks again to everybody for all your help.

Edit: Sorry HoganWoods I forgot to mention my R7 tp irons were all listed in mm on their site and I had to change them to inches. My 4 iron was listed at 4. and I had to put it into DD as .0157

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Hey Disco,

Sorry for a delayed response on this, as my finger is still slowing my typing down, but you mentioned that you were using an overhead light. Actually the less light the better. There is no overhead light required for the DD as it is based of infrarer emitters in the sensor pad emitting up to the club and the club then reflecting that light back into the sensor pad.

There are many strange things that may cause false reflections - belt buckles, glass covers on wall hangings, etc. These false reflections can confuse the system.

Have you tried any other drivers?

Hope it helps and we can get you up and running! Or at least playing

Thanks for the reply Cory,

The light I had tried using was from an lamp that I was able to put directly over the pad. It didn't make a difference. I also tried taping up my driver (R9) with no luck. I contacted Dancin Dogg today and their support mentioned that the Taylor Made drivers are a known issue. They are going to send me out one of their drivers free of charge which is very nice but not ideal as I really wanted to use my own. I may try taping again as it's been mentioned that a Callaway FT-3 works and looking at the sole of that driver compared to the DD driver they look similar.

P.S the moment they contacted me I was in the middle of emailing you on pricing for the P3Pro and courses. I will give this another try and see if I can get it working but if not I'm sure you will be hearing from me. I will need to contact you right away anyways as I'm looking at impact screens and need to know the best route to go. I wish I would of bought the DD through you as it cost me an extra $80 in brokerage fee's.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    80 brokerage fees!!! Yikes. My advice talk to Cory. DD sent me their optistics driver free as well and it really didn't work well for me. I think they recognize that there are many concerns with the driver but I don't know what the solution for them really is. I found the driver was very tempermental with clubhead speed especially. It would register higher than expected or very low. Hopefully it works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    80 brokerage fees!!! Yikes. My advice talk to Cory. DD sent me their optistics driver free as well and it really didn't work well for me. I think they recognize that there are many concerns with the driver but I don't know what the solution for them really is. I found the driver was very tempermental with clubhead speed especially. It would register higher than expected or very low. Hopefully it works for you.
    Yes I was a little shocked as well. I just tried re-taping my woods and struggled through Torrey black. 0 fairways hit (had to move my aim over about 50 yards) and had it on auto putt (2 3 putts) that sucks. shot a tough 82.

I'm really starting to consider upgrading to the P3Pro. Would you guys say it's that much more accurate. I don't mind the DD for my irons but everything is a guess with my woods. I'm worried that this is going to mess me up for the real thing.

Well I don't know if it will mess you up but I suspect you will get a little frustrated after a while. The dd is good for the pricepoint but you cannot even compare it to the p3pro. The p3pro has its limitations and you cannot compare it to the pro7. I can keep on going until I reach the About golf sim at $50 grand. People get upset when one says that the p3pro is more accurate but it is a reality. Is it worth the upgrade? Well that depends on you. For me it was. The club accuracy with the woods, the increased information (angle of attack, club heights through impact, ball speed, launch) and the add on options were all reasons for me to switch. I still encourage people to get the dd so I am certainly not saying that it is no good. In fact I think it is a great sim for the money but really has its limitations. The fact that they are giving away their driver is not a great sign although you could look at it as being generous and customer pleasing. The issue with the p3pro for me now is the addition of their launch webcam to the new GSA courses. Other than that it has performed just like I want in a home sim.

Disco you really should call Cory and chat with him. You're not that far from him.

Thread Information