100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road

Optishot swing speeds

Howdy,

I've been playing with the Optishot for a week now I think I like it. I don't have any open face issues and I don't have to tape any clubs. My driver and 3 wood are Taylormade Burner 07's, hybrids are Ping G10 clones, and irons are cavity-backed/blade Mizuno MP30(?) clones.

I do have one strange problem. My driver and 3 wood are showing correct speeds(98-90) but everything else comes up around 70 mph +/- 3. Is this normal? This is with the "Players" default club settings. I've made adjustments in the settings to match my real life distances, but just wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

Also, I installed Tiger Woods 08 today but I don't see where I can launch it from Optishot. I have the latest version of Optishot 2010. Maybe I have to reinstall Optishot?

Thanks,

ZMax

Btw, great site. You guys are very informative.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Zmax welcome. What do you mean everything else is coming up around 70 mph +/-3? Are you refering to your irons? All your irons? Hybrids? Your irons should have a lower club speed progressively from your low irons to your wedges. How is your distances? Most people have issues with their drivers and woods not the irons although on occasion my irons are tempermental. I think the game improvement irons are more inconsistent. Sounds like it is working ok for you so enjoy.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    To get to Tiger Woods 08 you will have to go through the dancin dogg folder in start menu and click on optishot practice zone in the optishot folder. Once in the practice zone click on menu and you will see the selection for tiger woods.

Your iron speeds should be around 70mph judging by your driver clubhead speed.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Zmax welcome. What do you mean everything else is coming up around 70 mph +/-3? Are you refering to your irons? All your irons? Hybrids? Your irons should have a lower club speed progressively from your low irons to your wedges. How is your distances? Most people have issues with their drivers and woods not the irons although on occasion my irons are tempermental. I think the game improvement irons are more inconsistent. Sounds like it is working ok for you so enjoy.
    Yes, all hybrids and irons were showing about the same speed and distance ranged from 150-80, which is less than my real life distances. My 3 hybrid usually goes around 185-190. 3-6 are hybrids. Since I was able to add extra speed or yardage for each club, it's not really a problem. I guess I just didn't realize how much my swing speed dropped after the 3-wood.

I think I might have read that you didn't have to make any adjustments for speed or distance on your P3proswing. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by psace View Post
    To get to Tiger Woods 08 you will have to go through the dancin dogg folder in start menu and click on optishot practice zone in the optishot folder. Once in the practice zone click on menu and you will see the selection for tiger woods.

Your iron speeds should be around 70mph judging by your driver clubhead speed.
    Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    No adjustments neede with the p3pro. You do have to adjust your tee and grass heights in the software to get an accuracy of the angle of attack and club heights through impact but the dd doesn't have that feature.

Quote Originally Posted by psace View Post
    I'm able to launch Tiger Woods 08 from the practice zone but it's not picking my swings and the sensor never lights up. It works fine in the practice zone. I've tried changing the setting to a game pad but it doesn't recognize any. I'll try downloading the latest patches for Tiger Woods.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    I'm able to launch Tiger Woods 08 from the practice zone but it's not picking my swings and the sensor never lights up. It works fine in the practice zone. I've tried changing the setting to a game pad but it doesn't recognize any. I'll try downloading the latest patches for Tiger Woods.
    Never mind, tried it again and now it works. Didn't really do anything.

Thread Information