CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New sim setup

Gap Wedge Steveh is on a distinguished road

New sim setup

Got my frame and screen up tonight and some astro turf down, also got software loaded and finally got projector running. Got projector mounted on ceiling but can't seem to get image low enough on screen . Gonna have to get a longer video cable and also a way to mount projector lower but image is great and just about fills screen. Need a few tweaks on mat position etc so I can miss garage door opener, lol . Had a good laugh when I got the wife putting and the 10' screen impressed my black lab so much she brought her ball over and dropped it at my feet. Now I think about it that was quite a compliment

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Very cool Steve! I remember how exciting it was when I first set up my system.

Do you already have the projector angled downward? I think pretty much all projectors have keystone correction so you can angle it down and still get a properly aligned image. My projector is mounted about 10-11' from the floor and can still project down to the lower part of the screen.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Steve, if you don't have keystone correction for your projector you can get a mount that you can adjust for the height of your projector. I have my projector mounted about 3 feet from my 12 foot ceiling, so no keystone correction is needed.

Gap Wedge Steveh is on a distinguished road
    The keystone adjustment is on auto, I manually adjusted it and it just tilts the image forward or back so it's not the keystone. I have also adjusted the horizontal and vertical position(max) with the projector controls. I have a mount with tilt that hangs about 18" below my 9'10" ceiling and I have it mounted about 13-1/2' from the screen. The top of my display is off the screen and I have probably close to 2 feet of blank display at the bottom. I am going to try adjusting the mount plate further back on the projector and if that doesn't get it I will have to shim the ceiling plate down at the front and put longer lag bolts in. I didn't think the image would be this good, impressed so far.

Thread Information