CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road

On the topic of screens...

On the topic of screens...

A lot of light passes through my impact screen (it's a one piece one I got from Cory). If I look behind it, you can see the whole image has actually passed through and is hitting the black canopy behind it. The thing I wonder is how much that affects the brightness of the image I see on the impact screen. I assume if the screen somehow trapped all the light, that the image would look a lot brighter...does anyone know much on that stuff? It's not that the image looks bad at all, but if there is an opportunity to make it more vibrant, that's worth thinking about. I wonder if your two-layer approach might trap/project back the light better bubba?

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I read somewhere (AV forum) about improved picture quality with a thicker, better quality screen. I am hoping it will give a better quality image as well as dampen the sound at impact. Lets hope.

8 Iron Bruce Balog is on a distinguished road
    Psace, what projector do you have, and how much was it? I need to project about 13 feet from my screen, and would love to get an image as large as yours. I'm having a hard time finding a good projector.

Bubba, what kind of screen are you getting? Please let us know what you think of it when it comes in. I was thinking about getting the econo impact screen from Cory's website because I don't think the off-white color and seam would matter. If you think it decreases the image quality significantly, I may think about getting a higher quality screen.

I think the hq screen is a better option. That is the one I am getting. The econo doesn't look bad but the hq is probably better. I'll let u know when I get it.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    I have the epson hd705 projector which is 720p. It is also great for movies. It costs around $800 new.

I did find that my home movie screen projects the golf simulator image much better than my cordura impact screen. It is a 120 inches. I guess that would answer your question RDH.

Thanks Disco. Is the image 8 feet long by 8 feet high? I might look into this, as my projector budget is about $500. I was hoping for a 7 feet high by 9 feet wide image, so it falls within my parameters.

Bubba, did you get the $2.99/Square foot HQ screen or the $9.99/Square foot HQ screen?

I got the 2.99/square foot one. I think they are the same except the 2.99 is just the raw material not made up. Check with Cory on that though.

Thread Information