100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter castellar is on a distinguished road

Sim for driver practice?

I just spent a few hours reading over the DD thread and noticed a very common issue with the optishot is its inability to accurately read woods and the driver. I have been working with my local PGA pro and have had great success with my short game, however we havent been able to really get anywhere with my driver (working together for about 4 months). He recommended I looked into getting a sim to give me feedback on my swing path and what my club face was doing at impact. So that would be the sole purpose for my picking up one of these. I mean I will probably use it to play with some friends over the winter, however my #1 priority is working probably 3 days a week or more with the driver. Should I look into something other than the optishot? The price range is obviously very enticing and if it helps any I am using the Cleveland Hibore XLS driver.

thanks in advance!

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    I'd say yes, you should look at other options. Nothing against the optishot, but it does have limited accuracy with woods.

Depending on your budget, the P3Pro is probably your best bet. You tape your driver and then it reads very well.

Other options are shadow-based systems like the Golftek ST-1 that don't require taping, but take more work to set up (need overhead lighting). They read drivers very well.

If your focus is face angle and swing path, any of those options would be solid. If you also want to work on the launch angle for your drives, then you need a system that can provide that. Bubba has had good success with P3Pro's webcam launch angle add-on, but P3Pro is redesigning that product and it will be a while before it's ready. Other options for launch angle are the Golftek Pro 7 (which I have) and then launch monitors like the GC2, zelocity, etc. The problem with launch monitors is that you won't get the club feedback you need at this point.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Totally agree with rdh's comments.

Thread Information