100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    I agree that the commentators did bash the European players and there are great players outside the US. In fact, the best player in the world is not an American. Bashing the American players the way some of you do makes you no better then the commentator’s ignorant remarks.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mberube
    I agree that the commentators did bash the European players and there are great players outside the US. In fact, the best player in the world is not an American. Bashing the American players the way some of you do makes you no better then the commentator’s ignorant remarks.
    Agreed.

My only beef has been with the commentators.

In MY opinion though, Hal Sutton made a very poor attempt at Ryder Cup captaincy, his pairings and strategy were way off.

Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar
    I saw Tiger Woods on "Regis and what's her face".... The more I see Tiger, the more I hate him. He was asked who he thought the best player in the world is and he promptly responded, "well, Vijay is #1 ranked but we all know who is #1 in the world."

What a pathetic loser. At least he admitted to getting his ass handed to him at the Ryder Cup.

Honestly, I used to like Tiger Woods, until he got this "holier than thou" attitute. Now, to me, he's just a stat that wants to be famous.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Hill
    In MY opinion though, Hal Sutton made a very poor attempt at Ryder Cup captaincy, his pairings and strategy were way off.
    I also agree.

I my opinion. The Tiger and Phil pairing was not a good decision and I think It was what motivated the Euros play awesome. Tiger and Phil have had their share of disputes. They are both great players individually but not as a team.

I think Tiger should not play in alternate shots. He is the only player that can hit the ball in big time trouble and can bet himself out of it. It is hard to recover from a bad shot from Tiger if you don’t have that Tiger head cover in your bag. There is also the what ball to play issue. Tiger plays with a Nike ball that no one else can play with. That is a disadvantage for his partner.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shtick
    I saw Tiger Woods on "Regis and what's her face".... The more I see Tiger, the more I hate him. He was asked who he thought the best player in the world is and he promptly responded, "well, Vijay is #1 ranked but we all know who is #1 in the world."

Did he have a big smile when he said that!

Funny cause I interpreted that as a joke cause the media made it a joke when Tiger was #1 and VJ was playing like #1.

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Hill
    Lets face it the commentry was terribly biased for most of the coverage. Millers comment about Monty sickened me. What was funny that right after he made that comment, Monty split the fairway with his opening drive.
    Just like watching an international hockey tournament on Canadian television. Absolutely ridiculous bias, to the point where it's hard to take even the most empirical statistic seriously. I wish for once that commentators and networks would shed their national angles and provide realistic coverage of international events. Guess what? Just because you have a microphone doesn't make your team any better...

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar

What a pathetic loser. At least he admitted to getting his ass handed to him at the Ryder Cup.

Honestly, I used to like Tiger Woods, until he got this "holier than thou" attitute. Now, to me, he's just a stat that wants to be famous.....
    What a stupid comment... He must have meant Annika or someone with the "we all know" bit... He's number one in money earned from idiotic endorsements from Nike, and number one in cameras broken on tour this season.... Other than that, I guess his world ranking wasn't important to him since he's trivializing it now that Vijay is on top.

So many morons, so few bullets.... :shake

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    I missed Tiger on Regis and what's her name show but I did see him on Connan last night. My guess is the money aint there for Elin anymore. His game is in a rutt and he needs the side job. Doing the talk shows now.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    I am personally sickened by the Ryder Cup event ever since Justin Leonard showed his true colours by grandstanding following his putt. The tournament really is no longer what it used to be.

Birdie mr shank is on a distinguished road
    , "well, Vijay is #1 ranked but we all know who is #1 in the world."
    Tiger is right. I think everbody pretty much knows Vijay is the best golfer in the world right now.

Thread Information