100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road

FYI - Red Chain Software

Just a tidbit that was announced today...

As you know, GSA Golf and these other packages all run on the Red Chain software engine. That engine was used for a PC game version (typical mouse swing / click) called CustomPlay golf. The software never really took of and never got a retail release. It finally is (in early November) and they have rebranded it and got a celebrity endorsement - "Hank Haney's World Golf". Pretty cool for the Red Chain guys.

For us (on the simulator side), getting the game out to a wider audience will get more people creating courses that could eventually come over to us. It will also hopefully generate enough revenue for Red Chain to begin work on their "Next Generation" release. They're talking about a complete redesign from the ground up with a better graphics engine and lots of other improvements. It's probably a couple years away, but should be interesting to follow. I told them I'd like to be involved in the process by providing input on features specific to golf simulator usage.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Sounds really cool. Sign me up too rdh.

Sand Wedge rdrunner is on a distinguished road
    The future of simulation software is 3D, glasses notwithstanding. It would be interesting to know if Red Chain is planning on being ahead of the curve in this area and developing a 3D product.
    Would be awesome on the Ball Cam view.

I brought the 3D idea up in a posting a while ago. The glasses aren't ideal, and I think everyone would need to upgrade their projectors (and I don't know if it would even work great without higher resolution), but the idea is pretty cool if it introduced a feeling of real depth to the view...especially for the short game. Not sure it will happen for a LONG time for home use, but I expect some high-end commercial systems may be able to add the 3D capability.

5 Iron chasiv is on a distinguished road
    Saw that at the PGA Show last January. There is already a 3D golf simulator out there. Don't remember the name though. It's made overseas.

They do some crazy things over in Korea..."screen golf" there is bigger than the real thing I think.

5 Iron chasiv is on a distinguished road
    It was actually from somewhere in Europe. I want to say Czechslovakia off the top of my head, but don't quote me on that ;-)

Lob Wedge db-webser is on a distinguished road
    It is http://www.gb3d.com/ - i see that on their both in Munich - funny Software but system.

Putter cmier is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up GolfBlaster3D stereoscopic 16:9

I meet people from GB3D first time in St. Andrews in 2006 where they made presentation of Gb3 during British Open and now I own 4 pieces of GolfBlaster3D.

3 pieces are wide solution 16:10 with "normal" projection
    and one is GolfBlaster3D stereoscopic 16:9 . (I made upgrade one normal system to stereoscopic 3 months ago). My customers are very happy with system - stereoscopic is absolute AMAZING!

In city where my indoor is located (Prag) we have few different systems installed.
    Like Fullswing, About golf, Highdefinition golf... Before I bought gb3d, I tried all other available systems with my friends. (We are players with HCP about 10-15).
    I must to say - my decision was right. GB3D system is best.

Graphic is fantastic, measure system is very accurate - I made comparation with Vector Pro and results are almost the same. No other system is so good like GB3D is.

Driving range, golf courses, competitions, swing analyser all is included. Also fun is installed inside, like demolition golf, target golf, minigolf. Very funny.

Playground is very nice too. I have also indoor centrum in city Cesky Krumlov also with GB3D. Lot of my current customers met only FS before and 99% of them told me that GB3D is much, much better and much accurate. So if You want to enjoy indoor golf, I can recommend You GB3D.

p.s. My investment was back in 20 month. Price is about 25000 Eur what is about 1/2 price of Fullswing in Czech republic.

Quote Originally Posted by db-webser View Post
    It is http://www.gb3d.com/ - i see that on their both in Munich - funny Software but system.
    Now we have a answer to the system, because in munich i can only see the system in theory.

Very interesting product. How do you create the 3d effect? Do you use glasses?

In munich they use glasses

What is the technology behind the Golfblaster? Sounds like a nice system but pricey for the home user. Would be cool to use. Is it truly 3d and do you need glasses?

You do need glasses from what was said above.

If the 3D effect is REALLY good so you have a decent sense of depth perception, then I think it would be really cool. If the effect isn't truly outstanding, then I don't think I'd want to have to wear glasses to play. If it had an option to toggle 2D/3D though, that would be great...you could try it out and just play in whichever mode is preferable.

There are many hardware and software solutions today in gaming that create a complete 3d immersive virtual experience. The price of many of these systems have dropped incredibly in the last few years making 3d home golf simulation a reality in the not too distant future.

NVidia has a 3d gaming system that is absolutely awesome but no home golf simulator software that I know of is able to work with it.

I have been looking at purchasing the Optoma HD66 projector for my P3Pro system which is 3d ready. Optoma will soon be releasing a hardware add-on which will convert blu-ray, television and computer signals to 3d. We are talking a total cost of approx $1,000 which relatively isn't that expensive.

Hopefully at some point P3Pro or Red Chain Software or someone else will deliver course software in 3D that can exploit this new hardware. This will really bring home golf simulation to a totally different level.

Hopefully I'm not shooting myself in the foot for the future going with a non-3D projector, but I am set on 1080p and I don't think there are any affordable 1080p 3D projectors yet. I can't go with 720p as it would be a step down in resolution from my current 1024x768. These things are never as simple as you'd hope....

Wow. It only gets better and better.

Sand Wedge Crow is on a distinguished road
    What's the latest on red chain software and GSA? Had a peek at gsa site today.

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    There is no latest. It's old like this thread.

Sand Wedge Crow is on a distinguished road
    So forget Red Chain mthunt. What about GSA's hardware? Martin recommended the CX2 to start, comes with RedChain and E6 single course game software $2000.

1 Iron AJA is on a distinguished road
    Not sure there are too many satisfied GSA customers. Check other forum posts for opinions about GSA.

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    So forget Red Chain mthunt. What about GSA's hardware? Martin recommended the CX2 to start, comes with RedChain and E6 single course game software $2000.
    That's pretty cheap. I don't know anything about GSA other than what has been posted here. The cost risk is low.

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    I had a PX2. It was basically the Protee sensor board but without the ball sensor. Might've been some other differences, but knowing their past, I'm sure it's fairly similar.

GSA is for the folks that like to experiment. Lots of pieces and software toggles...etc. I did not enjoy it, but you do save money.

I also questioned it's accuracy. But it is just rows of sensors, can't expect much.

Thread Information