CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar

truelinkswear shoes

http://www.truelinkswear.com/

Anyone bought a pair of these shoes yet?
    I am very tempted to order some, they look amazing.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Those do look awesome!
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Break68 View Post
    http://www.truelinkswear.com/

Anyone bought a pair of these shoes yet?
    I am very tempted to order some, they look amazing.
    I have been in conversation with the guys at TRUE over the past six months or so and they're just about ready to be released. For background info, check out the following...

http://www.chapeaunoirgolf.com/chape...-sighting.html

http://www.chapeaunoirgolf.com/chape...o-himself.html

http://www.chapeaunoirgolf.com/chape...done-deal.html

I should be getting a pair to test soon, so I'll let you know how it goes!
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

You can order them now on their website.

You can order them now on their website.
    Yes, with pre-order being the operative word.... for example:

http://shop.truelinkswear.com/produc...ur-black-white

"Please remember that you are PRE-ORDERING a pair of TRUE tour Golf Shoes that will not ship out until Late October or Early November 2010. Your credit card will be charged at the time of purchase."
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

To me that's not that far away.

Order...Pre-Order.....
    It's all the same to me.
    It is still an order.
    Such attention to detail black hat.

I am just happy they are available soon.

Order...Pre-Order.....
    It's all the same to me.
    It is still an order.
    Such attention to detail black hat.

I am just happy they are available soon.
    True, still an order... just wanted to make sure you weren't expecting them to arrive in a couple of days... you're right though, not far off! Very exciting!
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

4 Iron poppadon56 is on a distinguished road poppadon56's Avatar
    Let us know when you get them. Really like this selling point, "
    If you are often between sizes, we would recommend purchasing a half size larger. If you order a pair and they are the wrong size, we will pay for you to ship the shoes back to us and we will pay to ship another pair back to you in the right size. A free one time exchange.".

Par Sparkplug is on a distinguished road Sparkplug's Avatar

shoes

Interesting but unless you are 75 pounds and have no back , hip , knee or foot problems they will only be comfortable for about a hole and a half.

No stability, no support = no solid foundation for your body.

Last time I looked they don't make hiking boots like slippers and basically what you are doing is hiking around the course.

Conventional Golf shoe manufacturers understand this and in most cases get it right.

Plus these shoes are the ugliest things I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkplug View Post
    Interesting but unless you are 75 pounds and have no back , hip , knee or foot problems they will only be comfortable for about a hole and a half.

No stability, no support = no solid foundation for your body.

Last time I looked they don't make hiking boots like slippers and basically what you are doing is hiking around the course.

Conventional Golf shoe manufacturers understand this and in most cases get it right.

Plus these shoes are the ugliest things I have ever seen.
    Performance from all I have heard is outstanding. Ryan Moore is certainly over 75lbs

There are so many companies out there that are doing the same thing over and over again that it's nice to see someone trying something different - even if in the long run it doesn't work out. What it does do is to push the mainstream manufacturers to think a bit differently, rather than running the same old stuff out year after year. Through competition, be it real or be it perceived, results in innovation.

While they might not suit your eye, you may be doing yourself a disservice by dismissing a product before you've had a chance to try them. I haven't received mine yet, but should do in the next few days. If the snow melts this week and some courses remain open, I'll report back on how they performed.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Par Sparkplug is on a distinguished road Sparkplug's Avatar

shoes

Don't get me wrong, I fully embrace innovation otherwise we would all still be living in caves.

But, there is nothing wrong with healthy scepticism.

Ryan Moore gets paid to wear em or at least gets em for free.

Designing a shoe like that without acknowledging basic findamentals around biomechanics is foolish and unfortunatley happens all too often. Especially when they tout comfort for golfers who primarily walk.

Being an avid cyclist I can give you an example; you would think that one of the soft gel padded seats would be the way to go for comfort. Unfortunately the best seats take into account the design of the body, the action of cycling and are pretty firm. They may look uncomfortable but after a long bike ride my balls don't go numb, no chaffing and your not in extreme pain for a few days afterwards.

Believe me after having to have hip replacement surgery and laying down over $2,500 for inserts from the chiropodist, new skates, new dress shoes, new runners, and yes several pairs of new golf shoes to relieve the chronic pain of a life time of poor shoe choices and offerings I have no problem not wanting to be Guinea Pig.

While designing shoes is not as complicated you don't design an aircraft without applying aerodynamic principals.

They are still ugly.

Too each his own.
    I think they look pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkplug View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I fully embrace innovation otherwise we would all still be living in caves.

But, there is nothing wrong with healthy scepticism.

Ryan Moore gets paid to wear em or at least gets em for free.

Designing a shoe like that without acknowledging basic findamentals around biomechanics is foolish and unfortunatley happens all too often. Especially when they tout comfort for golfers who primarily walk.

Being an avid cyclist I can give you an example; you would think that one of the soft gel padded seats would be the way to go for comfort. Unfortunately the best seats take into account the design of the body, the action of cycling and are pretty firm. They may look uncomfortable but after a long bike ride my balls don't go numb, no chaffing and your not in extreme pain for a few days afterwards.

Believe me after having to have hip replacement surgery and laying down over $2,500 for inserts from the chiropodist, new skates, new dress shoes, new runners, and yes several pairs of new golf shoes to relieve the chronic pain of a life time of poor shoe choices and offerings I have no problem not wanting to be Guinea Pig.

While designing shoes is not as complicated you don't design an aircraft without applying aerodynamic principals.

They are still ugly.
    Actually, Ryan Moore doesn't get paid to wear them. He believes in the product so much that he invested in the company, so I certainly hope he'd get them for free. That said, Moore pays for his own clothes, so he's no slave to golf sponsorship like most others.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Recieved my TRUEs on Monday... I haven't worn them to play yet, just around the house... wide toe box is the first thing you'll notice... seem very comfortable. Hoping to get a round in this weekend (walking and carrying) with them on.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Talking

Envious, would like to see the review.

Eagle Rusty is on a distinguished road Rusty's Avatar
    GolfTown has these shoes now.
    They fit nicely, really wanted to buy them.
    Unfortunately in a size 12 they look like clown shoes.

Talking

This is my concern as well. I am also a size 12.
    I will have to go try them on and see how clownish my feet will look.

Here's my review...

http://www.chapeaunoirgolf.com/chape...shoes-off.html

They are ultra comfortable, but I also had concerns about the width, and the subsequent look they give when looking down on them from above.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Lob Wedge 12tree is on a distinguished road

Truelinkswear are great

I just purchased a pair of these last week and have played 3 rounds with them: 1 in perfectly dry conditions, 1 just after a heavy rain, and a mixed round. They are by far the most comfortable golf shoes I have ever worn and in fact the most comfortable shoe in general. The shoes do have a really wide toe that give them somewhat of a clownish look, but it is subtle. The wide toe allows your feet to spread out and provide a nice center of balance. Furthermore, the toe in the shoe is slightly upwards putting more weight on the center/back of your feet. With the limited sole, they feel really good on the greens and in the sand. There is tremendous feedback. I also did not have any issues with grip on the wet day and they stayed perfectly dry (of course they should with a two year waterproof guarantee). Overall, I would highly recommend these shoes, but just so you know these are spikeless shoes similar to the Eccos that Freddie wears thus when the tread wears out they are history. Nevertheless, they are comfortable right out of the box without any foot fatigue or rubbing or blisters. They have an interior sock liner that keeps your foot still and wicks moisture away keeping your feet cool. I am going to buy the all white pair as my every day sneakers (I went with the traditional white with black saddle since that is always what I play in). I actually saw a review of a guy who used these to transition from regular running shoes to a more minimalists shoe. I will not be doing that, but I will be wearing them a lot! Enjoy.

Talking

Thanks for the reviews, I think I will be buying a pair at some point this season.

Lob Wedge 12tree is on a distinguished road

Truelinkswear Stealth

You might wait until April when the new versions come out called Stealth. They have a more traditional look relative to the tours. I am going to buy a pair or two for my every day shoes. In fact, I wish they had them now because I need them to go on vacation that way I would not have to bring golf shoes and regular shoes. Also, I tried on the Ecco Street Premieres today and there is no comparison in my opinion in terms of comfort. The Truelinks were awesome right from the get go, but the Premieres would seem to need some breaking in (not nearly as much as a typical golf shoe, but I could still envision some soreness in the early rounds). I decided to wait until the Stealth's come out to buy a pair that I can wear around off the course.

I finally played in my Trues last Sunday at Stonebridge and the are the most comfortable golf shoes I have ever worn. I bought them a couple of weeks ago.
    I wear orthotics in my shoes and have for years, I have high arches.
    I did not put the orthotics in my Trues on Sunday but had them in the bag. I did not need to put them in my shoes after nine holes like I had planned.
    I have never been able to walk or play golf without my orthotics before now.
    I was amazed at the comfort and the feel through my feet and toes.

7 Wood retread is on a distinguished road retread's Avatar
    I have been using the Truelinkswear shoes for half of the season. I wanted a shoe that was more comfortable when the ground was so hard from the lack of rain this summer. They have performed well, and were very comfortable. They market them as being 'slipper like'.

The traction when the grass has dew, (or on an incline) is not the same as having soft spikes.

I would recommend these shoes on days that the course is dry, and use a conventional shoe when the course is wet.
    Determined to keep the rough trimmed. One swing at a time.

Thread Information