CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    7 Wood dvshx is on a distinguished road

Story of Success

I rarely see a thread where people tell their success stories with improving their game. My set up is near complete so I have put 3 hours a day of practice time instead of 4 hours planning my next upgrade to my set up or troubleshooting issues.

Lets get to the point, 10 minutes ago a dream of mine came to reality. I hammered my 6i 190 then 200 on the next swing!!! Just two days ago I was only carrying 150-155 on a slight fade (8 deg out to in 3 deg closed). Took my 7i.... 170, 9i.... 150... PW 140. On the video capture I can see that I have overcome my old non ideal swing habits and the club finally traveling in ideal position. The whole swing is finally soft and athletic.

I want to thank the developers and this forum. This is the best day of my life.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    The video capture of the p3pro is fantastic and should be more rewarded. I love it for my practice sessions as well. Bravo dvshx.

8 Iron netcam is on a distinguished road
    Congrats dvshx!

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Wow dvshx - that's a crazy jump in swing speed/distance. I hit my 6-iron 160 yards, so numbers like those would be a dream for me too! Were there any key swing changes to your breakthrough?

I've posted a couple times to say how great these devices are for game improvement. Mine (even without heavy use) has gotten me back to shooting in the mid-80s. I find the level of detail you get for feedback (specific swing speeds, face angles, etc.) is SO much more beneficial than just pounding balls at the range. A great investment, really.

i have learned to accept that 1 piece takeaway is not really a 1 piece move (shoulder, arms and hands have independent motion). i always wanted the whole swing to be effortless and soft. the unpleasurable part is resisting the hips from overturning. so get to the top with full wrist hinge (flat left wrist!)

hips unwind. at this point I have 3 thoughts, keep head back, maintain spine angle, let wrist release on its own.

then whackkkkk. impact is a foregone conclusion.

when you get in rythm, unwind faster but DO NOT release harder. just keep the wrist hinged and it will release on its own if your arms are soft on the downswing.

let me be more elaborate with "unwind"

bump the hips to the left as hard as u can without dragging your head and losing spine angle. this is to me is the number 1 power source in golf.

leaving work now to hit up the range. i will verify the results later.

Do let us know dvshx. Hey maybe u can do some online teaching .

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Do let us know dvshx. Hey maybe u can do some online teaching .
    bubba - you and pase are the single digits. i will past that job to both of you.

Oh I think you will quickly get in the single digits. Just remember to save some practice time for the chipping, putting and the 100 yds and in scoring, control wedge shots.

went to the range yesterday with just 6i. hard to tell actual distance b/c the markers are 50 yards apart. the trajectory is alot lower than how I used to fly it. darn ball looks like i hit my hogan 4wood now. still not hitting the 200 marker though. im not sure I like this new trajectory. i need launch angle for the new p3proswing courses really bad.

I hear ya psace. The club data you get with the p3pro is first class. Knowing the clubface angle, path , angle of attack, clubheight through impact, face and toe heights at impact and ball contact height and heel/toe at impact is unbelievebly accurate and valuable. I just think that knowing at least theball launch is neccessary and I am glad you and others see that. I really hope the p3pro folks are looking hard at this simple fact. Nice that your swing is improving though dvshx.

8 Iron Bruce Balog is on a distinguished road
    I spoke with a rep at P3Pro today and he said they just got done testing a feature for the new launch angle and hopes it won't be too much longer before it comes out. I told him I would be the first to purchase it when it is out. Who knows what "hopefully not too much longer means." Just figured I would pass that along. He also said they are sold out of the old launch angles.

can you elaborate on what feature?

I picture bubba and dvshx drooling over this tidbit.

I'd be interested to hear what their new launch technology is. If P3Pro comes out with something solid, then they'll still be the clear market leaders in the $2K-$3K price range (assuming the system is within that range including launch). Cool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by rdh View Post
    I picture bubba and dvshx drooling over this tidbit.

I'd be interested to hear what their new launch technology is. If P3Pro comes out with something solid, then they'll still be the clear market leaders in the $2K-$3K price range (assuming the system is within that range including launch). Cool stuff.
    this is good news. i spent alot of time on the web checking out ST-1. Didnt you say you had launch angle on yours RDH?

Yes - the Pro 7 has it integrated into the sensor pad.

Quote Originally Posted by rdh View Post
    Yes - the Pro 7 has it integrated into the sensor pad.
    what is the cost for the pro7?
    the ST-1s are 2K without the launch and ball sensor.

8 Iron Bruce Balog is on a distinguished road
    Unfortunately, I don't have any additional info other than what I said. It is good news in that they are working on something else to satisfy the launch capabilities. "Hopefully not too long" could be a long time tough. I am hoping for a year, but I really don't have a timeframe.

Yes it is wonderful news. Yes I am drooling.

Well I did confirm that they are starting to work on upgrading the launch feature. My guesse is that they will use a webcam set in a box that has more light and is all contained. This will allow it to be more stable and keep it set well. I am very happy with this news. P3pro is very smart in upgrading there already good launch angle product. I think the target for this launch angle add on will be the home user and the integration with the Zelocity or Vector will be aimed at the teachiong pro/clubfitter. That makes total sense.

The upgrading of the launch has a lot of potential. If they go with a webcam like the ps3eye then they can look at a fps rateof as high as 120fps. That would require them to upgrade their video capture software to allow for a faster frame rate (at the present time the fps rate of the p3pro video is 30 fps). Even with the 30 fps, the launch feature was very accurate. It could only be better with 120 fps. They could also explore the ball sensor at that frame rate as well. One thing at a time I suppose. I had a chat with their tech person today and it is exciting. My guesse is it will take 6 months. With this move, I think the p3pro is one of the leading sim at the 2-3 k mark.

The st1 is a great sim. It does have a ball sensor for ball speed and direction. It doesn't have a launch angle sensor and I spoke with Bud last week and he said that there are no plans for developing a launch add on.

Thread Information