CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    7 Wood dvshx is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up for CustomDesignGolf Grasstop for P3Pro

I am very pleased with my purchase. All I can say is that it is a perfect fit and holding up fine. It should outlast the life of my Versa stance mat. I have dealt with bad reviews before purchasing this product. But I trusted Cory's opinion and went with it. I couldnt afford any down time on my practice sessions, so I did not want to send my sensor back to P3Pro just to get it installed. It definitely did what I expected it to do. It is such a pleasure to hit off a grasstop compare to the rubber pad.

Installation using mounting plate:
    The mounting plate is an additional $10. I was actually expecting a thick acrylic type material. CDG said it is unbreakable and the worst damage that can be done to it is a crack. It turns out this plate is just a thin clear plastic. I would rather use this as a folder divider in the office. It will require you to remove the rubber pad (8 screws total). I didnt realize how durable the rubber pad is until I removed it. It is heavy and is attached to a steel material. So take the grasstop, put the mounting plate underneath, use the 6 screws and washer to mount it on the pad. You will
    immediately realize that one of the screw just wont go in right. Why? Because underneath the middle of the grasstop there is a thin foam cushion making it unleveled. Also it will not feel solid if u step on the pad. The noise it makes when hitting on it sounds brittle because of the plastc plate. DO NOT GO THIS ROUTE.

Installation using velcro:
    This is the best way to go. You will need to raise your flatform 3/4 of an inch to stay level. The stock rubber pad is not useless, use it as the mounting plate. Darn thing is unbreakbale. Basically peel of velcro, align the holes and simply just stick it. My sensor pad feels extremely solid. Dont forget to raise the grass height on the settings.

8 Iron netcam is on a distinguished road
    Great information! I will be trying this out for mine in the near future.

5 Iron chasiv is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Fyi

Just remember that you are voiding your warranty as soon as you install that.

What is not covered by this limited warranty?

This limited warranty does not cover:
    · Software, including the P3ProSwingä program
    · Problems that result from:
    o External causes such as accident, abuse, misuse, or problems with electrical power.
    o Servicing of any P3ProSwingä product not authorized by us.
    o Usage not in accordance with product instructions or any product safety information.
    o Failure to follow product instructions or failure to perform preventive maintenance.

o Problems caused by using accessories, parts, or components not supplied by us.
    o Paint and other cosmetic finishes subject to normal wear and tear, such as ball marks or scratches on the sensor housing or a golf club head, are not covered by this warranty.

Par Kball is on a distinguished road
    Dvshx,

Are you still happy with performance of your grass top from Custom Design Golf? Are you still using the velcro mounted process as compared to mounting it to the plastic plate? I have a P3Pro and want to move to some type of grass top option.

Does anyone else have feedback on the CDG grass top?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kball View Post
    Dvshx,

Are you still happy with performance of your grass top from Custom Design Golf? Are you still using the velcro mounted process as compared to mounting it to the plastic plate? I have a P3Pro and want to move to some type of grass top option.

Does anyone else have feedback on the CDG grass top?

Thanks

so far so good. i put thousands of swings on it already.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    That is great dvshx. It is important to have good, nonbiased feedback from people on this board like you. If it is holding out this good then I would say one should go for it as it is cheaper than the p3pro grass top. If I were doing it over again I would definitely go that route.

Par Kball is on a distinguished road
    Do you have it mounted via Velcro?

Quote Originally Posted by Kball View Post
    Do you have it mounted via Velcro?
    yup. i like it better than instaling the plate. be ready to raise your stance mat.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Finally got my CDG P3pro grass top last night. Only took them 10 days. Not a way to run a business.

It looks similar to the CDG Optishot grass top, except it has more cut-outs. Using interlocking mats below the P3pro stance mat, the CDG top sits about 1/8" above the mat.

Will take some pictures later. Lets see how it holds up after a few rounds.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Hopefully you like it ZMax.

9 Iron SDL is on a distinguished road
    I want to put in a good word for using a grass top on the sensor unit. I haven't used the CDG top, but I sent my unit back to P3ProSwing for a "makeover" when they had a $100 discount on the grass top retro-fit a few weeks ago. The grass top was still quite expensive, but it makes the use of the P3ProSwing much more enjoyable. I had been hitting the ball too thin in order to avoid jarring contact with the rubber top, and I now can take a much more normal swing when I practice. This means that my time on the P3ProSwing won't be spent ingraining bad habits that translate to poor ball contact on the course.

My grass top sits about 1/2 inch higher than the stance mat, and I have to fix this. What are people using to raise the stance mat to make it level with the surface of the grass top? The people at P3ProSwing recommended using a sheet of plywood as they said that the foam they tried didn't hold up over time. What has worked for others and where did anyone buy mats to go under the stance mat?

Thanks!

SDL

Sand Wedge rdrunner is on a distinguished road
    Installed the grass top about a month ago. I am now having problems with the unit reading my irons. I have never taped my irons before. Because the grass top sits on top of the base it seems like the sensors have lost their peripheral vision so to speak. My temporary solution is to put the unit into putting mode when swinging my irons. This seems to correct the problem but is a pain in the butt. Anyone else have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by rdrunner View Post
    Installed the grass top about a month ago. I am now having problems with the unit reading my irons. I have never taped my irons before. Because the grass top sits on top of the base it seems like the sensors have lost their peripheral vision so to speak. My temporary solution is to put the unit into putting mode when swinging my irons. This seems to correct the problem but is a pain in the butt. Anyone else have this problem?
    Do you find that the small strands of turf will fall into the various cut-outs for the sensors?

I've only had mine for a few days and I've already had to use the shop-vac once. Surprisingly, the strands didn't affect the readings at all.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    rdrunner, are you still having problems with your readings?

the loose grass particles will get in the way of the sensors. when mine acts up I just remove the grasstop, rub the sensors with cotton suave dipped on hot water and blow it with air can spray. I guess thats the trade off... more cleaning will be neccessary. my CDG grasstop continues to hold up fine.

Sand Wedge rdrunner is on a distinguished road
    Will try some maintenance in the sensors and see if this clears up the problem.
    Thanks.

3 broken grass tops so far. Thumbs down I guess.

I haven't tried to return mine. I kinda like it this way. Nothing left for my wedge to catch.

5 Iron chasiv is on a distinguished road
    Does this forum not mark when threads are deleted? I recevied an update message to this via email, but I don't see the message here to reply to.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    A post that did not conform to forum rules (we do not permit religion or politics) was deleted, as was a further comment that was out of context following the removal of said post. The poster is free to repost within the rules.

No we don't mark them as that just draws more attention.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Thread Information