CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
    Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Thegolfer

Keep us postsed on the different hitting surfaces, I am interested in adding this to the truestrike as well.

Also the cams, we need something better than ps eye as it will only do 640*480 at 75 fps. Don't want to spend $1200 on 2 usb3 cameras along with hardware .

Need 2 cams so V1 is an expensive option.

As for removing your side protection you must trust your mates.....and you must not drink and drive (pun intended).

7 Iron shoot4one is on a distinguished road
    CPA, where is the V1 info? can you send me the link?

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Do you mean this?

http://v1pro.com/products/v1-pro-2010.asp

I believe you need v1pro for 2 cams and it is $1695 from memory.

Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by shoot4one View Post
    CPA, where is the V1 info? can you send me the link?
    i need to reachout to a few members. I thought they went the route of cswing and they have two high speed cameras for much less than V1. You still get two front and DTL for each swing, high speed video, and connected to computer with ability to draw lines and bring up a library of pros to compare side by side. i have not done an exhaustive cost/benefit trade yet but on the surface it seems cswing is cheaper with more of a do it your own approach.

i asolutely need this setup by my fall for my daugther so i better get started. V1 does seem to be the standard with guys I know that teach. perhaps we can cut down on cost by buying pre-owed cameras to start? Not sure.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Have you looked at MotionView software? Here is a package that I offer:
    http://www.par2pro.com/shop/product_...roducts_id=211

You would probably want to go with 2 cameras and the MotionView Advanced, but it would still be cost effective and have great features and picture quality.

Sand Wedge Dwayne is on a distinguished road
    Ok, here is my version of a simulator...

This is built on the terrace of my apartment on the third floor of a villa. It's a double walled air conditioned tent that measures approximately 5 meters by 6 meters with a 3 meter ceiling.

Giant tent,
    GC2 simulator,
    Projector is Optoma GT750e,
    Computer is Asus N56 i7...
    Screen is HQ raw material from Cory at Par2pro,
    Stance mat is made by me with hitting turf from Cory.

Please remember this is on the top floor of a 3 story building and everything was carried up three flight of stairs by me and my wife. Oddly enough she still loves me? She's a good girl!. It's taken 6 months to complete.

sim1.JPGsim2.JPGsim3.JPGsim4.JPGsim5.JPG

Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    very cool. i love it - the world is filled with golf nuts like myself also very creative.

That turned out awesome Dwayne - congrats!!!

I'm very happy with it so far Cory. Thanks for your help.

Awesome - that is what I love to hear!

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road

Caddy Shack Construction

The building for my sim setup is starting to actually come together. I already have a door, a window and a roof! - lol

CaddyShack.jpg

Wow - looking great!!!

Gap Wedge Simages is on a distinguished road Simages's Avatar

Had to relocate my Foresight GC2 Sim setup

My original location was ok..... for one person, but it was more universal in my actual living space. Besides my fiancée loves the idea, good thing because it's almost done.

Wow, nice looking setup! I like the putting setup in front of your stance mat, too. How far you you hitting from the screen?

Quote Originally Posted by wbealsd View Post
    Wow, nice looking setup! I like the putting setup in front of your stance mat, too. How far you you hitting from the screen?
    Thanks, should have put it here in the first place.... I only have 7 feet with no rebound, but my swing is usually under 100mph... as far as the putting green I've wanted that brand for a long time just makes for better practice in the off season.

I'll have 11 feet when my building is done, so that's good to know you have no rebound? What impact screen are you using? I'm ordering Cory's HQ Custom. Like you, I'm planning on a putting surface, as I think that will give me better putting practice over the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by wbealsd View Post
    I'll have 11 feet when my building is done, so that's good to know you have no rebound? What impact screen are you using? I'm ordering Cory's HQ Custom. Like you, I'm planning on a putting surface, as I think that will give me better putting practice over the winter.
    I ordered the Foresight Custom Hitting Viewing Screen when I purchased the GC2.

Sounds like it's working well for you =|;0-)

Yes, I'm very pleased however; the setup doubles as my PS3, Xbox and RC flight Simulators as well...... oh and TV events too.

Looks great Simages - thanks for posting the pics

Asaillant

Finaly getting there!

Hello everyone,

What a job to setup a sim room! I did not expect this to be this much work. The sim part is finish and now all i need is to finalise easy stuff and hang some acoustic pannels because this room will also be a home theater.

I wanted a GC2 but realised that with all the concurrent cost (carpet, sreen, projector, etc ) i could not make it. So I decided to go for the OptiShot but to invest my money on the rest. If I like it, after 12 months or so, to invest into the GC2. I am getting the sim for myself but also for my 7 year old son, so the Optishot does the job for now and I am not a great player. At my level it does not lack accuracy to a point where it make a big difference.

I have this room, under my patio outside so it's ciment all around, about 10 feet high, 23 feet deep and 15 feet width. It had a green carpet and blue walls since it was used for child play like soccer, etc.

This is what I got:

Screen: HQ-Custom from Cory at Par2pro
    Screen: 3 queen size 2 inch memory foam from wallmart to kill all bounce back. really works....!!!!

Projector: 750E

Matt: Golf Ultimat from golf simulator guys

Padding: Foam acoustic pannel 24*24 (ATS acoustics) this is near the metal trim that holds the screen. the Wedge form allow it to bend very well in the corner and thus protecting me from shank shot to hit the metal and bounce back at me.
    Extra Padding: acoustic spade foam from foam factory. It create a black frame around the screen area and reduce bounce back from shank shot.... (repleace nets)

Sim: Optishot

Finish touch: Black curtains with velcro to attach to the screen and cover the corners area.

Total cost: just under 6 000 $. With the GC2 it would be double that... to much for me righ now. It would not have passed with the family board of directors.

I also use my summer chaires for the patio in this room. It saves me money by not buying any other furniture for the room. in the summer i wont need them since i will play outside.

Finaly, special thanks to Cory from Par2Pro, he help me a great deal, I knew nothing about sim rooms, projectors issues, etc. With this forum and all the past comments i was reading and Cory help I think I have a cool sim setup.

here somes prictures, I also put some pictures on how I hanged the 2 inch memory foam, that was an issue since they tend to rip since its has a lot of weight and it's also week in that position. I used construction plate that i squeezed very hard together and used nylon rope to attach them. I used a cutout foam section to cover the plate part so the ball does not bounce back hard at me if i hit this part. The mattress does not cover all the screen just 70 % of it, but at the main sports. the bottow has no mattress but that low the bounce back is low. with this I have virtually no bounce back....

thank you all!
    Attached Images

Asaillant

More pics

more pics... could not fit them all
    Attached Images

Asaillant

last ones

last ones
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Asaillant View Post
    last ones
    Very Nice ... what ceili height do you have?

Asaillant
    9.8 feet

Thought it was 9+ nice space..... wish I had that length which is why I moved it in the open.

Asaillant
    its just perfect... no need for more... no need for less..... the only thing missing is so more lenght so people could sit behind more safely. right now the back seats are used only for movies.... the side ones for golf.... you could sit behind but it's not very safe.... if i had 10 more feet i could have made a little bar/lounge behind.

Asaillant
    what do you guys prefer in terms of distance from screen? if i get to 10-12 feet from screen... i find that some shots with PW or SW hit the cealing before the screen!

that is why i prefer more close up!

2 Iron stevnkrn is on a distinguished road
    I'm about 14' from the screen in my simulator room. My room is almost exactly the same size as yours. I put a net up to keep from hitting the ceiling. Look back at the previous page of posts on this thread if you want to see what my sim looks like. I am pretty sure I could still hit ceiling with a hard lob or sand wedge, even if I was only 10' from the screen. I suggest planning some sort of protection to avoid hitting it. Unfortunately I've got a Murphy bed behind my hitting area so I don't have the room depth to put seats back there. I wish I did though. I've you locate your hitting area to 12' or closer to the screen there should be plenty of room for seating at the back of the room.

Thread Information