CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
    7 Iron MICHO54321 is on a distinguished road
    I already had my ht screen on the wall, I would not use the hitting screen for both uses (don't like the wrinkles on it and it gets dirty from the golf balls). my ht screen on the back is smaller so resetting the projector to the size of the ht screen does take some time (taking down the hitting screen too) so we have not been watching many movies lately. P.S. I do clean my golf balls, but still gets some dirt on it.

Andisblue
    I love it MICHO. That's like the man-cave

Quote Originally Posted by tahosrfr View Post
    I like how everybody gets their own blanket Does your impacts screen double as the movie projector screen also?
    Jajaja, but I am the only one that gets the neck pillow

Quote Originally Posted by Andisblue View Post
    I love it MICHO. That's like the man-cave
    HT, Rockband instruments, racing wheel, pop corn machine, rum inside the grey boxes, and now my own golf range!!! Its getting very difficult to sleep in my room Got to love my indulgent wife.

Andisblue
    What kind of carpet is that? (the stuff that looks like grass) Expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Andisblue View Post
    What kind of carpet is that? (the stuff that looks like grass) Expensive?
    http://www.thegolfsale.com/bentgreen...nal_greens.htm

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    thanks for posting your pictures, MICH. You are helping many others with your fine contribution. I wish others would post their setups no matter how meager. Everyone has a different environment for their setup and you never know who will get a clue from these postings.

Thumbs up

Thks, I also took a lot of ideas from this forum, everything I purchased came out of this forums, very helpfull posts here. Thank you all for your help!!

Andisblue
    I will post a 'parents' garage install' soon

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    CIMG0076.jpg

nearly finished the setup.

just need to replace the stainless wire holding up the front practice/protective screen (yon can see it in front) with white bungee cable if I can find it. This screen goes behind and is hidden by side curtain when not in use. Side curtain and screen are joined by Velcro

The screen is 4 metres wide and 3 metres high, so obviously with 16/10 the image is 2.5 metres high.

Front of truestrike gel mat is 4 metres from the screen. Blackout curtain line side, top and back of room.

GC2 is in the mail.

You can see playstation eye camera mounted on tripod used with V1, use it at 640 X 480 at 75 fps , acceptable

Have taken swing apart and put it back together at least twice using V1 while waiting for the GC2

Nice CPA, can you please explain about the ps cam and v1 use? How are you using it?

Andisblue
    Looks great CPA ! What's the sheet thingin the middle?

The small sheet thingie in the middle is half of the old screen (white 3 pass blackout). I use it when hitting 100 practice balls so Corys HQ does not get stretched, dirty or damaged. Will extend its lifespan a few years. I have to replace the stainless cable holding it up with white Bungee cord, it will sit flatter after a shot as well.
    The practice protection goes behind the side curtain out of sight when using the HQ screen on its own, rip velcro, move practice screen to side, restick velcro.

MICHO -Will answer the V1 question in the V1 thread.

2 Iron stevnkrn is on a distinguished road
    P1080274-1280x853.jpgP1080285-1280x853.jpgP1080281-1280x853.jpgP1080278-1280x853.jpgP1080270-1280x853.jpg Here are a few photos of the simulator room I just added in the basement of an addition to our house. It is still a work in progress but my GGS system is functional, although I have yet to get the putting working correctly. I'll post more photos in another thread. The room is 15' W x 23' D x 10' H. The floor is covered with two heights of artificial turf, putting and fringe heights. I have fixed padding on one wall and will have padded panels mounted to an overhead track that can be rolled into place when needed on the other. I use a net to protect the ceiling. My projected image is almost about 13.5' W x 7.5' H. I have an Epson 8350 1080P projector. My floor mounted club sensor, grass panels and camera trigger are mounted in a T-shaped cavity I had molded into the concrete floor when it was poured so I did not need a platform. I put conduit in the concrete to run the wires. I also put two putting cups in the concrete to use for putting practice.

2 Iron stevnkrn is on a distinguished road

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    VERY Nice!!!

Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    @cpa / stevnkrn - great setups!

Thanks Thegolfer. As you know 1 thing will make it a lot better, the GC2 currently on a plane heading my way at 900 km per hour.
    Also the swingbyte, I am looking forward to the "laser pointer" from the grip end of club to target line- one thing I am working on at the moment.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Nice setup guys. Keep us posted CPA!

DSCF0235.jpgDSCF0234.jpgDSCF0237.jpgDSCF0210.jpg

These are the best pics I could manage with my limited space in the garage. Hope it benefits someone out there.
    Last edited by psace; 10-08-2012 at 11:33 PM.

psace - nice setup. very creative.

Thanks TheGolfer. It was the only place I could put a simulator. A GC2 or LX would have been a lot easier to implement in this area! Working with a sloped floor and
    around the garage door opener were the two biggest problems.
    I still have to put a black curtain on the one wall and I will be finished.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    Nice psace,
    Does the plywood stay in place when it is a car garage?
    Fell guilty with my mess that has now gone on for 4 weeks. Hope to have it finished end of next week.

No, I made the stance and putting surfaces with a dense styrofoam base with plywood on top. I can move them out of the way and lean them against the garage wall when not in use as they are not very heavy. The blackout curtains can slide in against the wall when not in use.

It is basically a desperate mans' attempt to have a golf simulator!

Quote Originally Posted by psace View Post
    Thanks TheGolfer. It was the only place I could put a simulator. A GC2 or LX would have been a lot easier to implement in this area! Working with a sloped floor and
    around the garage door opener were the two biggest problems.
    I still have to put a black curtain on the one wall and I will be finished.

Very creative for getting around the sloped floor. Cool.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Very nice setup psace!!!

CIMG0355.jpgCIMG0369.jpg

Finally got my simulator setup changed.
    The screen width is now 10' 10". Still using a 1280 X 800 as I really like the 16:10 format but the plan is by end of the year to get a full HD projector.
    Installed artificial grass all the way to the screen. It goes a little up on the screen to make the lower border of the screen. Makes it look like you are on the course! Asked Protee is there is a way to hide the menu line or move it to top or side.
    It has very low reflection and is great for putting.

The frame around the screen is wood covered on the inside with dark green carpet.
    It was used before in front of the screen.

The screen leans back 4 degrees to avoid having to use keystone correction.
    It really makes a difference in picture quality!
    Wanted to have a curved screen but could not get used to 'barrel' shape of the picture
    The plan was to have side curtains on ceiling tracks but now I am not so sure as I really like the open feel.
    Will look into netting.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by syhlif32 View Post
    Attachment 34474Attachment 34476

Finally got my simulator setup changed.
    The screen width is now 10' 10". Still using a 1280 X 800 as I really like the 16:10 format but the plan is by end of the year to get a full HD projector.
    Installed artificial grass all the way to the screen. It goes a little up on the screen to make the lower border of the screen. Makes it look like you are on the course! Asked Protee is there is a way to hide the menu line or move it to top or side.
    It has very low reflection and is great for putting.

The frame around the screen is wood covered on the inside with dark green carpet.
    It was used before in front of the screen.

The screen leans back 4 degrees to avoid having to use keystone correction.
    It really makes a difference in picture quality!
    Wanted to have a curved screen but could not get used to 'barrel' shape of the picture
    The plan was to have side curtains on ceiling tracks but now I am not so sure as I really like the open feel.
    Will look into netting.
    syhlif32 - awesome setup! thanks for the pics.

Should add that I also moved the 3 front speakers in behind the screen. Mounted 4 feet above the floor.
    Does not make any difference on the simulator play but real nice effect with movies and sport in TV.

Very nice. I did the same and glad I did. The front right/left are tower speakers several feet high. I cut a rectangle out on new wall surrounding the screen and installed metal screening for protection then installed the black carpet over the wall. Spray painted the screening and walls behind the opening black. Bairly notice it with lights on couple feet away. Lights out during a movie can't see it. Center mounted just below top of the screen. The two surround and two back are just mounted on the walls. Was going to cut a hole in the closet to hide the woofer and something similar as the front but that's for another day so woofer sits in the back corner of the room.

Starting to think of some improvements second go around this coming fall in prep for winter. Lesson learned - don't wait so long since winter gets in faster than i think and lead time can be some time. On the ceiling and side walls I don't need the plywood with black carpeting since the screen is ~ 8.5x14.5. I think I will take that down and want to paint the entire room with a golf theme then put up netting from top of screen out several feet for ceiling protection for high shots. Also would like to have a platform for different surfaces like (thick rough, short rough, simulated sand) for practice besides the trustrike mat. I also need to replace my old school camcorder slow fps video for swing analysis that goes to an old school tv. very functional but i draw the lines on the screen versus using the computer and i would like a faster fps to see the club head each click through rather than a blur at some points. i need to look at cswing or v1.

Thread Information