CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I also agree. It is neet to see everyones setup. Whether its in the garage or basement, the fact is you can swing a club, hit a ball and see a resulting flight of the ball on a golf course, right within your home. Truly encredible when you really think about it.

Gap Wedge TVANS216 is on a distinguished road

Simulator Photos

I took these photos this morning and I wanted to share them with the forum.

1. Impact screen"P3Pro" used- $300.00
    2. Optishot- $400.00
    3. Versa mats-$175.00
    4. Projector "2200 lumens"-$250.00 Factory refurbished
    5. Cage Corner Kit with tubing-$100.00
    6. Acer Computer- "New"$400.00"- 750 GB hard drive, 2.7 GHZ Dual Core processor, 4G memory, Nvidia Geforce 9200 video card and I purchase a PNY Geforce 9400 GT with 1G of dedicated memory but did not need it.

Total costs $1625.00 and I could not have bought the Impact screen and mats new for that. I feel pretty good about the entire process.

Simulator Photos

I'm having problems trying to load my photos, will try again. Sorry.

Sounds good. Enjoy TVANS.

Photos Failed

I have tried multiple times to try and upload my photos and continue to get upload failure responses. Anyone have any ideas?

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Attachment image and file size are limited. Make sure the pics are within the limits of 800 x 800 px and 250k
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Photos Failing

I checked the photos and the images were taken with a HD camera and way out of spec in regards to what I can load. Thank you very much for your help.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by TVANS216 View Post
    I checked the photos and the images were taken with a HD camera and way out of spec in regards to what I can load. Thank you very much for your help.
    Perhaps the file type is not one of those supported. My pics were 2048X1536 JPEG(.jpg) files at around 480Kb each. The site automatically reduced them to 800X600 for the web page.

What is the file type of your pics? You can try changing them to .jpg files using Windows paint.

Finally Photos

Thank you guys for all the help. The images of the golf course were taken with alot of natural light coming through the windows as well as having the lights in the building on so that you guys could see everything. I will post some pictures later of what it looks like with the windows blacked out and the lights off. The image is really good once you reduce all the extra lighting. Thanks again.

Putting Green

I am also installing a 4 X 12 putting green and those pictures will be included as well.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by TVANS216 View Post
    I am also installing a 4 X 12 putting green and those pictures will be included as well.
    Nice job! It looks like a real golfer's paradise. Did your opishot pad fit the versa mat okay or did you have to modify it.

Optishot and Versa mat

I did modify the size of the cutout for the optishot and the height of the mat was about a half inch low. So when I laid the interlocking panels down to cover the concrete floors so golf balls would not go bouncing everywhere I simply cut out a insert in the interlocking panels which made the height of the simulator and versa mat perfect. I also cut out a channel in the interlocking mats to feed the USB cable through from the DD to the computer. I believe that can be seen in the photo.

Very good TVANS. Enjoy.

4 Iron akyyyy is on a distinguished road
    this isnt my setup..
    here's a cool simulator setup that i found... might help others trying to do their own project
    http://www.allsportsystems.com/golf-...tor-setup.html

anyone have an idea of how much it would cost to get a frame like this? and im just realizing that the impact screen is almost like a drape. i thought it was on a hard surface.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by akyyyy View Post
    anyone have an idea of how much it would cost to get a frame like this? and im just realizing that the impact screen is almost like a drape. i thought it was on a hard surface.

http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showpost...3&postcount=24

If I had to do it again, I would use 1" conduits.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showpost...3&postcount=24

If I had to do it again, I would use 1" conduits.
    do u have a link to the ones u purchased? on ebay im seeing batting cage ones but none specific to golf. the batting cages are pretty rectangular shape and not what i need

anyone have a parts list of whats needed to build the cage/frame, think i'll check at the local home depot first.

Gap Wedge disco2424 is on a distinguished road
    I finally picked up everything I needed to get my cage, screen and projector together. So far I'm very happy with it but I still need to make a few adjustments to make it just right. The pics aren't the best but it gives an idea on the set up. I still need to figure out a stance mat.

Screen - I purchased from Cory the raw HQ material and then had it customized. It is 9 feet wide by 10 feet tall. In the pic it has lines in it but that's because I put it up right out of the box. (I couldn't wait)

Cage - I purchased the netting online. It doesn't look like the best job attaching it to the cage but I did this on my own and the netting was 10x30 and 10x20 so it was very awkward to manage. The poles are all 3/4" conduit and seem to be very sturdy. The cage is 10' wide x 9' tall.

Projector - SONY VPL-EX7 MULTIMEDIA PROJECTOR - 1024 X 768 XGA I purchase this online for $568. I really like it. I believe it gives a great picture and is all I need.

Sim - I purchased the Dancin Dogg and love the graphics but I'm having a tough time with the driver reading properly. One drive will have an open face then the next is closed 20 degrees. When I can get it to read properly I can get some good drives. The irons seem to be very close though.

I'm seriously looking into purchasing the P3Pro instead as I want something a little more reliable to work on my swing.
    Attached Images

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    With a 128 mph clubhead speed and you feel you need to work on your swing! LOL.

Try first to use a lower tee and make sure you do not have reflection coming down on the unit.

I do think that the P3Pro is better with the driver but it is also a lot more sentitiv to reflections so if reflectionis the problem you will be much worse off with P3Pro.

Real nice setup, are you planing on hitting real balls? You might knock down the house if you misses the net!

Bjarne

Quote Originally Posted by syhlif32 View Post
    With a 128 mph clubhead speed and you feel you need to work on your swing! LOL.

Try first to use a lower tee and make sure you do not have reflection coming down on the unit.

I do think that the P3Pro is better with the driver but it is also a lot more sentitiv to reflections so if reflectionis the problem you will be much worse off with P3Pro.

Real nice setup, are you planing on hitting real balls? You might knock down the house if you misses the net!

Bjarne
    I hadn't even noticed that 128 mph. I can tell you that isn't the norm. I was trying to rip a few last night. In regards to the readings I have tried multiple things with my lighting and currently have the lights off completely. The light from the projector seems to be good. I have contacted DD and we have had some good discussion about my drivers (Taylor made R9) I have tried a few others that they are aware that have issues as well. They were nice enough to send out one of their own drivers but I find it a little short and wippy.

I have only been hitting foam balls with the driver so far but I did take a few 9 iron shots last night. I find it a mental thing to take a full swing indoors knowing I"m hitting a real ball. If I miss the girlfriend will banish me and make me sleep outside with my new sim.

I plan on making the cage look a litter cleaner and putting 4' foam around the screen edges to clean it up and cover the cords and poles. Once I'm all finished I will post a few follow up pic's.

In regards to the P3pro do you believe it is worth the upgrade.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    I am very happy with my DD never had a problem with my drivers.
    I might have soon as I too have a TM R9 which I will bring home with me. I am currently working in St Martin.
    Would think that the R9 would need not only a reflectiv strip but also to have the black underside tapped up with a none reflectiv tape

I would like to see a launch angle. It looks like there are some options underway maybe inside the next 6 months.
    To me it looks like P3Proswing are having very little respect for their customers, dropping the LA Cam support then sell the GSA courses for a a very high price with a poor integration.
    Maybe they will improve?
    I tried a P3Pro here in the summer apart from the rubber top I thought it was pretty good but without a launch angle I didn't feel there was much point in upgrading.

Bjarne

Quote Originally Posted by syhlif32 View Post
    I am very happy with my DD never had a problem with my drivers.
    I might have soon as I too have a TM R9 which I will bring home with me. I am currently working in St Martin.
    Would think that the R9 would need not only a reflectiv strip but also to have the black underside tapped up with a none reflectiv tape

I would like to see a launch angle. It looks like there are some options underway maybe inside the next 6 months.
    To me it looks like P3Proswing are having very little respect for their customers, dropping the LA Cam support then sell the GSA courses for a a very high price with a poor integration.
    Maybe they will improve?
    I tried a P3Pro here in the summer apart from the rubber top I thought it was pretty good but without a launch angle I didn't feel there was much point in upgrading.

Bjarne
    I don't want to take this thread off topic so I will be trying a few different things with my R9 tonight. I picked up some black tape and reflective so if I can manage to make some improvements I will send you a pm if you want to let you know what works.

From my conversations with DD support it seems they have many issue's with Different Taylor made drivers and woods. Of coures the two models I have are the ones.

Quote Originally Posted by disco2424 View Post
    I finally picked up everything I needed to get my cage, screen and projector together. So far I'm very happy with it but I still need to make a few adjustments to make it just right. The pics aren't the best but it gives an idea on the set up. I still need to figure out a stance mat.

Screen - I purchased from Cory the raw HQ material and then had it customized. It is 9 feet wide by 10 feet tall. In the pic it has lines in it but that's because I put it up right out of the box. (I couldn't wait)

Cage - I purchased the netting online. It doesn't look like the best job attaching it to the cage but I did this on my own and the netting was 10x30 and 10x20 so it was very awkward to manage. The poles are all 3/4" conduit and seem to be very sturdy. The cage is 10' wide x 9' tall.

Projector - SONY VPL-EX7 MULTIMEDIA PROJECTOR - 1024 X 768 XGA I purchase this online for $568. I really like it. I believe it gives a great picture and is all I need.

Sim - I purchased the Dancin Dogg and love the graphics but I'm having a tough time with the driver reading properly. One drive will have an open face then the next is closed 20 degrees. When I can get it to read properly I can get some good drives. The irons seem to be very close though.

I'm seriously looking into purchasing the P3Pro instead as I want something a little more reliable to work on my swing.

great looking setup, mind sharing what u paid for the screen, netting and for the fittings for the frame?

thanks

As you may know I have both the dd and the p3pro and can tell you there is no perfect system. Incidently I spent the whole day today visiting the High definition Show room in Vaughn, Canada. What a setup they have there. Very impressed. The p3pro is a better unit than the dd but essentially is the same technology, improved with better consistency. They do have their issues with respect to club head speed low, GSA course tweaking, launch angle measurement device that they are probably going to discontinue. Despite that you will notice and increased accuracy of your sim if upgrading to the P3pro. Personally I think the shadow technology of the Golftek, GSA or ProTee with a launch add on will be the home sim that will overtake the p3pro as an upgrade option for the dd. Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    As you may know I have both the dd and the p3pro and can tell you there is no perfect system. Incidently I spent the whole day today visiting the High definition Show room in Vaughn, Canada. What a setup they have there. Very impressed. The p3pro is a better unit than the dd but essentially is the same technology, improved with better consistency. They do have their issues with respect to club head speed low, GSA course tweaking, launch angle measurement device that they are probably going to discontinue. Despite that you will notice and increased accuracy of your sim if upgrading to the P3pro. Personally I think the shadow technology of the Golftek, GSA or ProTee with a launch add on will be the home sim that will overtake the p3pro as an upgrade option for the dd. Stay tuned.
    Thanks Bubba for your input on the P3pro. I called today to get a quote just because I noticed they had a sale on today. I was about ready to pull the trigger but thought I should do a little reading. I have noticed a few people mention some of the issue's with the GSA courses and other things. I'm just on the fence if I want to spend the money. I'm concerned if it will be worth the extra money or should I just live with and try and fix my problems with the DD. I don't mind spending if it will be worth it.

Thanks again for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by akyyyy View Post
    great looking setup, mind sharing what u paid for the screen, netting and for the fittings for the frame?

thanks
    The screen was under $300 and then the netting and brackets to make the cage was around $120 I think. I did by the raw material so I had to have the grommets and have all the edges done. Funny thing is the guy who did the work had to charge me a little more because it took him a lot longer to punch the grommets. He said that material is very tough. I said I hope so because It's hopefully going to stop a 100mph golf ball.

The GSA courses are very good. I do think that the p3pro interface and controls nned to be tweaked. Zmax and myself have been able to make some tweaks that really improve the platability of the courses.

The GSA courses are very good. I do think that the p3pro interface and controls nned to be tweaked. Zmax and myself have been able to make some tweaks that really improve the platability of the courses.
    What type of problems and tweaks have you guys noticed and are there still other things that are bothering you or make it difficult to enjoy.

Yup, the GSA courses are beautiful. I play with maximum detail at 9 ft wide. They are much better than 3DD courses. Some are on the vanilla side but I've only played maybe 6 out of 36 courses.

The playability has definitely been improved with those tweaks. The ball flight for example is much better now.

There are 2 major problems that P3pro folks need to fix. The green side bunker shots and both the GW and LW lofts. Green side bunker shots look like chip shots no matter what you do. You can swing like putting and the ball will come out the same way, but with just a little less velocity. No sand blasts.

The GW has the same loft as the PW(48). The LW has the same loft as the SW(56). Ball flights for GW looks the same as PW and LW looks the same as SW, but with reduced distance obviously. I know that the P3pro doesn't have definitions for a GW and LW, but still, there's no excuse for this in GSA.

I may sound very critical, but I do enjoy playing the GSA courses.

Bubba22, what does stay tuned mean?

Quote Originally Posted by disco2424 View Post
    What type of problems and tweaks have you guys noticed and are there still other things that are bothering you or make it difficult to enjoy.

Distance, Ball flight, backspin, wind, and roll. Ball flight and backspin were major. Draws, fades, hooks, and slices now look real.

My big concern is the lack of future support. When will the other problems get fixed if ever. We just heard that the P3pro boss doesn't care much about the simulation side. It's pretty obvious when you see all the problems in the P3pro/GSA product. Should I mention LA or lack thereof?

These posts should probably be moved to the P3pro thread.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    These posts should probably be moved to the P3pro thread.
    It would be really nice if you fellas made some effort to stay on topic. It seems every other day I am moving posts in here and I really should not have to follow you guys around cleaning up after you. I really don't have the time and after several reminders I would have hoped for a bit of co-operation.

This thread is supposed to be for showcasing your setups. As with many of the threads in this section there are very few posts that are actually on topic. I am not sure why it is so, but the off topic issue does not exist in our other forums.

Please start new threads or find threads that discuss the other issues with your sims. It may not seem important to you but a new visitor would have to read through everything to find anything due to this issue.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Thread Information