CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by rdh View Post
    Very nice ZMax! I'm glad you're happy with the projector.
    Thanks rdh,

The DD sensor is about 12' from the screen and from this distance, the Optishot looks big enough. But I might still go with a bigger screen from Cory. Size matters right?

Btw, I'm not seeing any rainbows. Guess I'm lucky.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    I don't see any rainbow effects either...not that I even know what they are. I'm sure if you're some audio-visual techie type you would notice that stuff and it would bother you...but to me the image looks perfect.

Gap Wedge Qnub is on a distinguished road
    All you guys really have some awesome sim setups. I'm still stuck in the garage hitting into an old comforter..I don’t think you need to see pics of that…..I eventually plan on doing the complete setup but have to wait to move in Sept 2011. For now I'm just living through all you guys....

Zmax, can you tell me which stance mat that is and if you cut the hole out yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Qnub View Post
    Zmax, can you tell me which stance mat that is and if you cut the hole out yourself?
    It's the Dual Stance mat for the P3proswing. I bought it from the P3proswing outlet store when it was $60. For some reason, it's now $100 more. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I made the cutout myself using a utility cutter. Be very careful here as it's not easy to cut and you can lose a finger. I also cut out a small portion underneath the turf for the USB connector. The DD was a 1/4" too high so I used an anti slip mat that was about 1/8" thick underneath the stance mat. I found it at home depot. I can post a picture of it when I get home.

Putter douger963 is on a distinguished road

Projector

Looks great. Thanks for providing the images for inspiration, dream of a simulator keeps growing each day!

About to pull the trigger on a projector and impact screen. Curious about the purchasing decisions of your projector? My screen is going to be about 6w x 8h. Probably a 4:3 because of the orientation of my small town home garage. I'm finding HD 1080p projectors, 2000 lumens, w/ keystone correction anywhere from $200 up on eBay. Depending on the throw distance, I can mount as far back as 15'. I have no windows in the garage as for lighting, and the overall size is just big enough for one car.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Go for it. Keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by douger963 View Post
    Looks great. Thanks for providing the images for inspiration, dream of a simulator keeps growing each day!

About to pull the trigger on a projector and impact screen. Curious about the purchasing decisions of your projector? My screen is going to be about 6w x 8h. Probably a 4:3 because of the orientation of my small town home garage. I'm finding HD 1080p projectors, 2000 lumens, w/ keystone correction anywhere from $200 up on eBay. Depending on the throw distance, I can mount as far back as 15'. I have no windows in the garage as for lighting, and the overall size is just big enough for one car.
    Hold on.....$200 for a 1080p projector sounds like a great deal. That can't be their native resolution. I took a quick look at Ebay and some of those are actually 800x480. Like this one:http://cgi.ebay.com/VVME-LCD-Project...item2a0b99b54e

800x480 sucks.

Be very careful with projector resolutions. Lots of projects will SUPPORT high def resolution, but that just means they accept in an HD signal, then translate it down to their native resolution to show it. Be very, very careful!

When I was looking for my projector, I even saw a number of sites that had INCORRECT native resolutions for projectors. There were a couple I was looking into seriously after seeing them listed as 1400x1050 native resolution on a couple websites...then when I got to the details I found out their native resolution was 1024x768.

So, always look up the native resolution on the manufacturer's website to make sure you know what you're getting.

Putter douger963 is on a distinguished road
    What might be a recommended target for a suitable native resolution. For 6'x8' screen. If 800x480 is limiting. I'm realizing this maybe a topic for a different thread, but was impressed with your images.

Quote Originally Posted by douger963 View Post
    What might be a recommended target for a suitable native resolution. For 6'x8' screen. If 800x480 is limiting. I'm realizing this maybe a topic for a different thread, but was impressed with your images.
    Will this projector be dedicated for a golf simulator? Or will you be watching HD movies on it also?

I wanted a native 1080p projector so that I could do both without compromising. Another thing to consider is that a 16x9 golf sim on an 8ft wide screen might still give you a good enough height. It depends on how far you'll be from the screen when you are hitting balls. I thought about doing 4:3 on my screen at first, but now that I've seen 16x9 on a 9.5ft screen, it's big enough for me.

There are 16x10 1280x800 native projectors that might look good enough and could still do HD. What is your budget?

I would not go any lower than 1024x768.

Gap Wedge Qnub is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    It's the Dual Stance mat for the P3proswing. I bought it from the P3proswing outlet store when it was $60. For some reason, it's now $100 more. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I made the cutout myself using a utility cutter. Be very careful here as it's not easy to cut and you can lose a finger. I also cut out a small portion underneath the turf for the USB connector. The DD was a 1/4" too high so I used an anti slip mat that was about 1/8" thick underneath the stance mat. I found it at home depot. I can post a picture of it when I get home.
    Thanks ZMax. This is great. I think I'd rather do this then spend a couple hundred on a pre-cut mat.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnub View Post
    Thanks ZMax. This is great. I think I'd rather do this then spend a couple hundred on a pre-cut mat.
    You're welcome.

The idea actually came from one of the members here.

3 Iron walb0034 is on a distinguished road
    Now they are $160? I would just give them a call and offer to pay the $60 for one that they were selling for a week ago. You never know, they might cut you a deal. I paid $60 for mine exactly 2 weeks ago off of the ebay store.

7 Wood dvshx is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by psace View Post
    Thanks, DV. It is a pretty basic setup. I used commercial netting from ebay and hung it from a ceiling track which I purchased from a local decorating company. The netting is attached to hooks on rollers so I can slide it out of the way when not in use. The screen is cordura attached to the netting and roller hooks. I still plan to add black cordura border around the screen and a little more esthetics this winter.

The whole setup is very durable and I can and do hit real balls at times. I use the 16:9 setting on my projector for a picture width of about 10 feet.
    psace, i will attempt a similar install to yours. help me out:

i will be suspending the backdrop net permanently so I will not use ceiling tracks. are u saying the net is firm enough so that I can just pick a spot on the net and hang my impact screen? the reason i need to this is because my impact screen is the exact size of the projected image. i can not suspend impact screen to ceiling (not tall enough) i would have to mount/anchor it directly on the middle of the back drop net.

for the side barriers I will use curtain tracks so I can get it out of the way when not needed.

what do you think??

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Dvshx

You could attach the screen to the net. Otherwise, you would have to attach it to the ceiling too. I attached my screen with grommets to the same hooks as the netting.

Dvshx

You could attach the screen to the net. Otherwise, you would have to attach it to the ceiling too. I attached my screen with grommets to the same hooks as the netting.
    I see what you did now thanks. Because my projector is directly behind a garage door opener, I am projecting the image down. My screen is only 6 ft tall so I will not be able to share hooks if I ceiling mount the net. The top of my screen has grommets, I was thinking I can tie wrap it to the middle of the net, then suspend the net to the ceiling.

Im stuck now =\. a golf cage like RDH is not an option because I have a door that would hit the side barrier. If I had 9x9 screen this would not have been an issue.

Looks like you are limited in options, dvshx. My ceiling is 12 feet high so I have plenty of height. If only we would have thought of a golf simulator before we built or bought our current houses!

Looks like you are limited in options, dvshx. My ceiling is 12 feet high so I have plenty of height. If only we would have thought of a golf simulator before we built or bought our current houses!
    hey psace, after spending $250 on a high quality screen (seamless, quiet, no light leak) ill just get a new screen. but this time im on budget. my grandmother who sews for a living can get 1000 denier cordura fabric. do you think this will be as strong as my screen??? i just want to hang from the ceiling to the floor for more protection and project partially on the screen. from time to time i skull my ball or chip lob it and i miss the screen. the p3 ball would bounce back
    violently. i hope you see where im getting at.

It sounds like the impact screen is becoming a real issue, dvshx. I have a cordura screen. However, I had the wife sew two layers together for an 11 x 10ft screen. It is very stable even with real golf balls. Of course the commercial netting behind the screen really helps. If you are using limited flight balls, you should be fine with the cordura. Hope that answers your question.

By the way, how do you find the p3pro compared to DD?

It sounds like the impact screen is becoming a real issue, dvshx. I have a cordura screen. However, I had the wife sew two layers together for an 11 x 10ft screen. It is very stable even with real golf balls. Of course the commercial netting behind the screen really helps. If you are using limited flight balls, you should be fine with the cordura. Hope that answers your question.

By the way, how do you find the p3pro compared to DD?

i tend to answer question differently, depends on who asks. i think you are a pretty well established single digit golfer who already owns the DD. a single digit handicapper will deliver consistent face angle, club path, angle of attack and tempo to the ball. if i asked you to swing each iron and taped driver/woods on both sensors, you would probably get very similar results. for the high handicappers who are not-so consistent swingers, who knows which sensor will read better. take either one and work on a consistent swing is my advise. the out-to-ins, slices, toe hits, over swings will differ in ball flight prominently. ill give an example: i clearly miss the ball VERY right on the P3Pro sometimes (working on in to out), P3Pro would show a ball flight of a right-to-left with the ball landing 15 yards of target. Trust me in real
    life it would have never came back to the left. You guys at P3Pro need to look into fixing that or give me and Bubba a ball sensor! The DD would simulate this as a clear slice. There are some misses that P3Pro would show more accurately. If the P3Pro perfects launch and adds a ball sensor, this would be in the same league as Pro7, which I think is the next logical upgrade for an established golfer.

in terms of GSA vs 3DD, to me GSA has the better graphics by couple of notches. it's just sharper and more vivid, but then again the price tag just for the courses is DD X 3.

I fully agree dvshx. The p3pro is more consistent but noth the dd snd p3pro lack a true ball sensor which will make the results misleading. Adding a ball sensor for launch and direction would be good. Te p3pro has its limitations and I think they should have more penelties on mi****s for sure such as toe, heel shots etc. No system is perfect but if there is no plan to upgrade to add a ball sensor for the p3pro then at some point I will move on. I spoke with both the p3pro folks and Accusport and there is no plan in the near future for integration. Bummer.

8 Iron netcam is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    I fully agree dvshx. The p3pro is more consistent but noth the dd snd p3pro lack a true ball sensor which will make the results misleading. Adding a ball sensor for launch and direction would be good. Te p3pro has its limitations and I think they should have more penelties on mi****s for sure such as toe, heel shots etc. No system is perfect but if there is no plan to upgrade to add a ball sensor for the p3pro then at some point I will move on. I spoke with both the p3pro folks and Accusport and there is no plan in the near future for integration. Bummer.
    That is a bummer bubba! I was really looking forward to that...

I am not happy with it either. I think the p3pro with the launch add on or the Vector integration may still happen but the process is slow to develop. Why it takes so long for things to get going is beyond me. I think the options of other sims ST1, GSA or ProTee may be in the cards especially if there are developments with the launch angle measurements.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    Anybody that are using a touch screen for the simulator? Have been thinking it would just make things much easier to operate fast.

Bjarne

Adds some cost but if you can afford it I think it is a good idea. Everything is going touch screen now. I have an ipad and love it.

Gap Wedge TVANS216 is on a distinguished road

Simulator Setup Is Finally Finished

I just finished my simulator setup . I built a 24 X 32 building with 10ft ceilings to allow me to setup the simulator. I will be posting pictures tomorrow . We spent most of the day just fine tuning the entire setup and I am very excited. I found the DD readings to be much more accurate when hitting a ball instead of just swinging over the sensor pad. I just assume that when a real target is present I simply concentrate more instead of just swinging for the fences.

Quote Originally Posted by TVANS216 View Post
    I just finished my simulator setup . I built a 24 X 32 building with 10ft ceilings to allow me to setup the simulator. I will be posting pictures tomorrow . We spent most of the day just fine tuning the entire setup and I am very excited. I found the DD readings to be much more accurate when hitting a ball instead of just swinging over the sensor pad. I just assume that when a real target is present I simply concentrate more instead of just swinging for the fences.
    Can't wait to see them. How much of that space is dedicated for the simulator? How big is the screen? Details...Details...

I think even those of us with our systems already set up love to hear (and see) what other people do. I know I do. When I set my system up, I considered a separate building, but ended up going cheap on the building and just making it a large storage shed so I could clear out space in our garage, then updating the garage. I really like my setup, but I still get jealous when I see pictures of people with bars, etc. set up in their house right by a simulator! Regardless of the setting, this stuff is just fun.

I found the same thing with my DD - without a ball my readings were way off. With a ball they seemed okay. Psychological I'm sure.

Congrats on the setup - look forward to seeing pictures!

I agree, RDH. I like to see other sim setups, as well. I do wish I could be in the house but 8 foot ceilings won't do. The garage is fine. My impact screen doubles for indoor cycling in the winter. I project a cycling dvd on the the big screen while I cycle. My left shoulder is buggered for the time being so this is now my man cave activity until it gets better. I crave for golfing, however.

I hope others will post their pics here for all to see. It will help everyone.

Thread Information