100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Thanks for the kudos nosevi - happy to help...

Setup looks great!

First time I've been related to Kermit the Frog, may its the way I start all my videos (I used to watch the Muppets & Sesame Street as a child so maybe it is in there somewhere )

Happy Golfing,
    Cory

Lob Wedge nosevi is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Par2Pro View Post
    Thanks for the kudos nosevi - happy to help...

Setup looks great!

First time I've been related to Kermit the Frog, may its the way I start all my videos (I used to watch the Muppets & Sesame Street as a child so maybe it is in there somewhere )

Happy Golfing,
    Cory
    Good to hear from you Cory. Couldn't be happier with my setup. The fact it can all be broken down is key for me but the kit itself is just so useful to use for game improvement that I 'share' my setup with a local young tour pro and have free lessons from her coach in return for him being able to coach her on it and use it himself. I also get free unlimited range balls at his club thrown in for good measure. Makes a difference as I practice full time at the moment.

Pete

p.s. DON'T change the way you start your vids! Don't care what my wife says, I like it, it's kind of like your video's 'trade mark'

LOL, sounds good Pete will do

Putter omfs44 is on a distinguished road
    Hi Sprigs. Really like your setup. Im trying to do my own as well. What's the dimension on your screen? how did you build your enclosure? where did you buy the trim and fabric? Thanks for your help.

Lob Wedge sprigs is on a distinguished road
    Hi omfs44,

My Screen size is 14X7'10.

My enclosure and fabric was all purchased through Foresight Sports..

The enclose is free standing and can be taken down and relocated pretty easy.

Shade tree
    Firstly I would like to thank you all for the wealth of knowledge you have shared on this forum. I would never have been able to put my set-up together without your experience and sharing.
    Attached are some pictures and specs of my Optishot set-up in the garage;

-Screen is pr-20 from west coast netting over 1" conduit frame.
    -Projector is BenQ ultra short throw
    -Stance mats are monster turf
    -Turf for sensor from Jagmanjoe (well built product)
    -using Almost Golf balls
    -screen is 9'6x12'6 and am hitting from 10' from screen
    Attached Images

Putter Chilidipper is on a distinguished road Chilidipper's Avatar
    Looking at all these sim setups gets me so excited to get mine done! I still have a ways to go to get it done but your ideas and thoughts are making the process better

Putter Chilidipper is on a distinguished road Chilidipper's Avatar
    JesseGoodier ....That setup is beyond cool! WOW nice job!!

Pitching Wedge DeaconBlooze is on a distinguished road
    Here are some pictures of my setup in the 3rd stall of my garage. It's quite difficult to really get a decent picture of the scope.. It's a 10x10x10 enclosure.

I debated for a long time on what to do with the ceiling. Ultimately, I decided to go with some cheap acoustic foam tiles. They work great! They look pretty decent for as cheap as they are, presumably, they help with sound, and they also do a decent job of protecting the ceiling from errant shots.

For the flooring, I just grabbed some of those foam tiles for kids or shops. I got them in green ( a little lighter than I'd like ). I'm satisfied with them. I figure the garage is a messy place, I can easily swap out one or more tiles if necessary.

I have a bar table in there and setup a couple of those zero-gravity chairs. I hosted the fight last weekend, the guys loved that they were able to enjoy cigars and watch the fight at the same time. I'm looking forward to watching some baseball/football out there, as well.

For simulation, I was using a P3 Proswing, but it conflicted with the mat I was going to use, so I've given up on it. I've since ordered a Skytrak, and am awaiting its arrival.

I'm hoping to add a screen to the garage door to keep out the insects during the summer. Other than that, I'm very satisfied with how this all came out!
    Attached Images

7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road
    Deacon-great setup. For your screen on the garage door, check out the mesh tarp from harbor freight, pretty cheap and i've heard it works well for keeping the bugs out.

Nice setup Deacon - have you hit those foam tiles much? If so, how well is it wearing? Did you just glue those to your ceiling?

Pitching Wedge DeaconBlooze is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the tip on the mesh - I'll give that a look. If I could find a quick and easy way to attach it, I think that'd be the way to go. I keep my lawnmowers behind the simulator, so I'll need to be able to get them in/out relatively easily.

I only fired a shot up there to test, but it did about what I expected - they held in place and protected the ceiling.

I was trying to find the best way to secure them. I was thinking about glue, or even carpet tape, but I didn't want something so permanent and difficult to remove. I finally settled on stapling them up. I tried to get in the valley to avoid them looking "pulled". I tugged on them a little bit where necessary. I could have done it a little cleaner, but I was tired of standing on a ladder at that point. I would do it the same way with a little more patience next time. I'm really happy with the way it turned out!

Thanks for the reply... keep us posted on how those last

Karladam
    Thanks for all the help from forum. Special thanks to Cory at Par2Pro. Wanted to share my build out to assist others, especially those thinking of building in a smaller space. Please let me know if you have any questions. Below are a few pictures. I will add a couple more when build-out is all done

Sim: SkyTrak
    Screen: HQ2 from Cory at Par2Pro (90” by 124”)
    Projector: Optoma GT 1080
    ipad: IPad 2 Air
    Room Dimensions: Height – 8’2” (to joists), Width – 15’0”, Length – 13’0” (length of room is larger but space is being used)
    Hitting Mat: 4’ by 4’ CC Elite Real Feel
    Mattress Pad for Impact behind screen: LUCID 2 Inch Foam Mattress Topper (Amazon). Hung using Utility Magnetic Clips from Home Depot
    Frame: Slotted Angle Iron and Bungees
    Flooring: Padding and very cheap green carpet from Home Depot. I am hoping to upgrade flooring to a putting surface at some point
    Ceiling sound insulation: May add some Ruxal SafenSound between joists

Space
    For those of you considering a sim room in a height/space constrained area, this might be a useful test case. I went through a long process of trying to decide whether to build a sim room in my detached garage or in the storage room in my basement. Due to weather (Michigan), costs and ease of use, I decided to build the sim room in the unfinished portion of my basement. The height of the ceiling is only 8 feet 2 inches. I knew before building the sim that I would not be able to use a driver or 3-wood comfortably (I am ~6 ft tall), but I decided the benefits of having the sim in my basement (relative to my detached garage) outweighed the ability to use my driver.

The distance from ball to impact screen is anywhere from 8-9.5 feet. I move closer to 8 feet when I am hitting my 56 degree. I haven’t had any issues with balls hitting the ceiling. I have had a couple SW shots spin up to ceiling, but they just hits joists

Sim
    Course play was not extremely important to me, especially since I can’t hit a driver/3 wood comfortably, and thus SkyTrak was relatively easy choice (although I did think about GC2 for a long time). I have been very happy with the product. I am running on iPad Air 2 and the delay is maybe 2 – 3 seconds, but I don’t even notice it as this point

Miscellaneous
    I am in the process of adding curtains with Velcro along the sides of the frame to clean up the look. The 2 inch Foam Mattress Topper has helped minimize bounce back and noise (Cory’s screen is great, I just wanted it to be as quiet as possible and I thought the mattress pad would help extend the life of screen). It is only ~7-8 lbs so I just hung directly behind screen using utility magnetic clips from Home Depot

Sim Room with SkyTrak 1.jpgSim Room Screen Blank.jpgSim Room Frame.jpgSim Room Angle 2.jpg

Par Dax is on a distinguished road
    Looks,great!

Great job on the install! Thanks for the shout out - glad I could help... happy golfing!

8 Iron torreypines is on a distinguished road

Lob Wedge MikeMyers is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by torreypines View Post
    torreypines,

What did you use for trim around your screen? And how did you fasten it?

Thanks

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    Looks great and looks fricking huge.

Par Dax is on a distinguished road
    great set-up!

8 Iron torreypines is on a distinguished road
    Theater curtains from Rose Brand. Draws strings on on end attached to angle iron and other end attached by velcro on screen.

Nice job Torrey!

1 Iron AJA is on a distinguished road
    Nice set-up! Congrats!

Putter gbstu is on a distinguished road
    Here's my basement setup:

Screen: 16ft x 9ft - HQ2
    Sim: P3Pro
    Projector: short throw Optoma GT1080

Thanks to you all for the ideas and support.

Stu
    Attached Images

Great job - thanks for posting and happy golfing!

1 Iron AJA is on a distinguished road
    Very good looking sim room! Congrats!

Putter CalgaryHack is on a distinguished road

Basement GC2 System

I will be putting a GC2 system in my basement this winter/spring and will be posting a short blog with pictures as I go for all that are interested.

The topics that I will be covering are:

1. Initial Reasearch and Planning
    2. Design Considerations
    3. Budget (planned vs. actual)
    4. Construction of the Space
    5. "Gotchas"
    6. Finished Product

I will post pictures as I go and since this is part of an overall basement development, it won't happen overnight so please be patient.

Putter Smudge_si is on a distinguished road
    Hi gbstu,How do you rate the GT1080? I was looking at that for my sim room

Putter gbstu is on a distinguished road
    Smudge,

I use the projector for movies and golf sim, for me the price was good and it met my needs. I think the HQ2 screen is an important factor, I also have very little natural light in my basement.

I'm not sure what the price is in the UK, I think I paid about $800 for it over a year ago....great value in my opinion.

Thx, Stu

Putter CalgaryHack is on a distinguished road

Construction finally underway!

In order to maximize the height of the room, I framed my hitting mat with a DRIcore subfloor rather than place the mat on top of it.

The mat placement was key and I spent a few weeks hitting foam balls into the wall to determine how far back the mat could be placed without running into issues with wedges hitting the ceiling. I settled on a distance from the screen of 10 feet. The subfloor around the mat will be finished in the same putting green turf that I have outside.

Vendor: Par 2 Pro (Designer Package)

Room size: 16.5’ long x 10 ½’ wide (finished dimensions)
    Ceiling Height: 8’ 10” (measured from finished ceiling height to top of hitting mat)

Simulator Selection: Foresight Sports GC2
    Hitting Mat: True Strike (single)
    Attached Images
    Last edited by CalgaryHack; 04-10-2016 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Adding photo

Thread Information