CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    3 Wood Golfmaxxx is on a distinguished road Golfmaxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DFDubb View Post
    Nevermind, now I get the question. Balls don't hit the ceiling, or at least haven't yet. I have the top of the net coming out 3.5 ft off the screen towards you for that very reason. I've actually got another half a foot I can bring it back if need be. I might learn the hard way.
    Cool, i like the graphics. Do you have alot of courses ? Also what is support like ? Online play ?

8 Iron DFDubb is on a distinguished road
    I've never needed any support so I can't comment. The only thing you need to do is re-allign the lasers every so often which isn't hard to do. I have 10 courses and like Foresight, they're expensive. No online play. Putting, like on most other systems, is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by DFDubb View Post
    I've never needed any support so I can't comment. The only thing you need to do is re-allign the lasers every so often which isn't hard to do. I have 10 courses and like Foresight, they're expensive. No online play. Putting, like on most other systems, is a joke.
    I sent an emaik for a price quote and am still waiting for a response. Would you mind telling us how much a system and courses cost ?

Thanks

New, they're spendy, like GC2 spendy I believe. I picked mine up used. The few I've seen come up for sale over the years have been in the 4k range depending on how many courses the person had.

Sand Wedge JesseGoodier is on a distinguished road
    I have a thread running over here:
    http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...reen-size-(GC2)
    but figured I'd add to this as well.

Working really well and using it every day at the moment, even during this nice weather we're having in Michigan.

IMG_0294.jpgIMG_0257.jpgIMG_0259.jpgCapture.jpg

1 Iron Jsgregg is on a distinguished road
    I have taken a lot of inspiration from your setup and you will see it once I am finished .

I would love to see a video of the whole thing in action if you get a chance sometime.

Lob Wedge mxwoodman is on a distinguished road

Outdoor Sim

Wanted to share pictures my outdoor simulator room with you guys. And also thank Preston at Par2Pro for all the help and putting up with all the dumb questions.

My room is 22' long 10' wide at the impact area and 12 feet at the hitting area and 10' tall. I built it over part off my chipping green and one end is open as I use black out curtain to close up that end. There is a sand trap under the hitting area that can be used put it makes a big mess a so it maybe retired. You can also chip back out on the green and we also do all putting on the green. I was waiting for the new secret LM to come out bit found a used GC2 from a friend and couldn't pass it up.

IMG_0143.jpg IMG_0144.jpgIMG_0142.jpg

Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road
    can you retake pictures with a flash so we can see.

Here are some more pics - I guess the others were taken with my iPhone

IMG_2668.jpgIMG_2652.jpgIMG_2651.jpgIMG_2657.jpg

Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road
    very cool setup.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Nice setup!

What a cool setup. It looks like a great place to play woodman ! is it outside ? Where do you live ? Must b warm.... your buddies must love coming over .

Cheers

Golfmaxx its outside and has black curtain on the open end and that blocks out the sun and rain. I live in Nor Cal but it gets hot and right now it's a 100F and 120F inside the room but I have two A/C units and one just to keep the projector cool. Fall, winter and spring are the best times to use it.

It's funny some of my golf buddies love to play in it and some won't even come over and try it, they think it's not real enough and one guy says it's too real.

Nothing beats real golf Woodman but sim's are a great place to practice and groove your swing while having fun ! me and the boy's play skins every week all year long. Enjoy your little piece of heaven !

Lob Wedge Tweaver is on a distinguished road
    Z,

Thanks for the tip. I'm heading to Goldsmith later this afternoon.

8 Iron torreypines is on a distinguished road
    Great sims, great forum. I will post when my sim is completed. Struggling with appropriate screen size and projector. As you know these purchases are interconnected. I have read related threads, done independent research, and discussed with GC2. Footprint for sim 17 feet wide, 20 feet depth, and 12 feet height. Questions:
    1) Screen size 16 ft x 9ft versus 15.7 ft x 9.9ft (16:10 aspect ratio)?
    2) Better to play golf on the 16ft x 9ft versus 15.7 x 9.9 dimension?
    3) Or should I go with smaller screen?
    4) I have GC2 thus would think the 16:9 aspect ratio will give superior image, esp with FSX.
    Thanks.

8 Iron torreypines is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Libbing View Post
    The final product (the picture of Tom Brady in the Superbowl has my 5'4" son standing in the lower right corner for dimension perspective); there are two can lights inside the pit that get turned off during movies or sim playing; the theater seating is sitting on the original flooring; the row of 4 beanbag chairs for movie watching is inside the pit
    Trying to get perspective for my sim. What are dimensions of your screen? My proposed screen is 16x9 ft. Ceiling height 12 feet. Depth 21 ft. Would like to go with 16x10 FT screen but want higher resolution. Using gc2. Looking at HD projector with 8.5 ft throw. Great work on sim. Which sim and which software?

Putter l84golf is on a distinguished road
    Mcook: What type of projector are you using and how far from the screen is it mounted? I'm building a simulator similar to yours and I'm struggling picking out the right projector. Thanks for posting the pics, the room looks awesome.

bk1106
    Well, my sim is finally done. I was hitting into a foldable net for a while. One day, I found this forum, and started reading and drooling. Things took a decisive turn when I found a pretty fresh GC2. I have taken a lot of ideas and info from here and those made it possible. So, here is what I have put together:

Room - 15ft x 22ft, 10ft ceiling at hitting area, 8ft at screen
    Monitor - Foresight GC2
    Screen - 16:9, 13ft wide, Cory's HQ screen material on bungee cords (limited bounce, subdued noise, great!), at 15 inches from back wall
    Projector - BenQ W1500 (1080P resolution), at 14ft from screen
    Hitting position - 10ft from screen

Thanks for reading!

IMG_6115.jpgIMG_6121.jpgIMG_7725.jpgIMG_7732.jpg

Par Dax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bk1106 View Post
    Well, my sim is finally done. I was hitting into a foldable net for a while. One day, I found this forum, and started reading and drooling. Things took a decisive turn when I found a pretty fresh GC2. I have taken a lot of ideas and info from here and those made it possible. So, here is what I have put together:

Room - 15ft x 22ft, 10ft ceiling at hitting area, 8ft at screen
    Monitor - Foresight GC2
    Screen - 16:9, 13ft wide, Cory's HQ screen material on bungee cords (limited bounce, subdued noise, great!), at 15 inches from back wall
    Projector - BenQ W1500 (1080P resolution), at 14ft from screen
    Hitting position - 10ft from screen

Thanks for reading!

Attachment 46935Attachment 46934Attachment 46936Attachment 46933
    Your room really looks great and came together really well!

Agreed, really nice job. Simple and classy, I dig it.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road

Sand Wedge Scratch is on a distinguished road
    It look great thanks for the info and pics

Quote Originally Posted by torreypines View Post
    Trying to get perspective for my sim. What are dimensions of your screen? My proposed screen is 16x9 ft. Ceiling height 12 feet. Depth 21 ft. Would like to go with 16x10 FT screen but want higher resolution. Using gc2. Looking at HD projector with 8.5 ft throw. Great work on sim. Which sim and which software?
    My sim room that I am currently working on is very similar to your in size. I am 14 feet width, 20 feet depth, and 12 feet in height. I too am looking for the best aspect ratio use, what projector to buy and what height to position the image? Another factor to consider before purchasing a project is what one is best for the latest software 4k that Foresight is offering? Please any and all advise would be greatly appreciated with these questions?

Par Dax is on a distinguished road
    Two recent projectors that I have heard people are happy with are optoma hd25lv and a Aver H6510Bd, you might like to look at those as they seem to have good specs. In terms of 4k, I'm not sure there is a good option for a golf sim at this time ( although I have not looked at this again for a few months). 4k projectors are expensive and at the moment focused on home theatres.

Putter dakota is on a distinguished road
    bk1106,

I love your setup! What material did you use for your ceiling and sides? Where did you buy it? It looks awesome and I would like to get this material too? How was it installed? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Dax I'm digging into the projector search now.

SullyBerger
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    Thanks Dax I'm digging into the projector search now.
    Newegg has the Acer B6510hd on sale for $544.00. Great price, just got one.

bk1106
    Quote Originally Posted by dakota View Post
    bk1106,

I love your setup! What material did you use for your ceiling and sides? Where did you buy it? It looks awesome and I would like to get this material too? How was it installed? Any help would be appreciated.
    A sincere thank you to everyone and Dakota for your nice comments. The green cloth is drapes from a drapes store (in Taiwan). I wanted certain shades of green for the eye and also a heavy material to dampen out golf balls when hit. I had to settle on the color a bit.

The sides are standard drapes installation so those were easy. The ceiling piece presented challenge, I wanted long cloth tubes to be sewed so the cables can fit through them and prop up the whole ceiling piece. As the tubes spanned the whole width of the room and was pretty long, many drapes stores can't (won't) do it. Finally found a confident storeowner and saved the day.

I am glad you liked my setup, I did enjoyed the whole project. Now, I just need Foresight to get FSX in order, and my golf game to start showing some improvements.

Cheers.
    Last edited by bk1106; 12-06-2014 at 10:54 AM.

Lob Wedge MikeMyers is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by stevnkrn View Post
    Attachment 33648Attachment 33649Attachment 33650Attachment 33651Attachment 33652 Here are a few more photos to go with my previous post.

I love your build and keep comming back to your pictures.

I am a few weeks away from the start of my build and would like to place my speakers above the screen and protect them with the netting shown in your pictures.

Would you give me some insight. Have your speakers ever been hit by a ball that pushes the net into them or have you had any problems at all? I can not tell by the pictures exactly where the speakers are located.

Thanks,

Mike

Thread Information