100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing bpep - looks great!

2 Iron boomer56 is on a distinguished road boomer56's Avatar
    Had a new house built and in the fall last year reached out to Cory for a set up for the basement. He came through for me and this is the result, only problem is I can't swing a driver, ceilings were supposed to be 9 ft but with the stance mat, flooring and ceiling materials am down to about 8 and 1/2 feet so can swing a 3 wood if I choke down a bit Doesn't matter I am having a blast with this and will see in the spring if it helps or hurts my game.
    Attachment 42929
    "Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men...
    the other 999 follow women." - Groucho Marx

1 Iron Jsgregg is on a distinguished road
    That looks absolutely terrific. How do you like your Optishot? I am in the process of building my Optishot garage simulator.

2 Iron boomer56 is on a distinguished road boomer56's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsgregg View Post
    That looks absolutely terrific. How do you like your Optishot? I am in the process of building my Optishot garage simulator.
    I like the system just fine, I have the set up now with the impact screen and the projector so if I feel that I need to upgrade it is just the software so not a big deal. the system allows you to customize a set of club to pretty much your exact yardage so it makes the distance that much more accurate. If you have specific questions talk to Cory at Par2Pro, he helped with my set up.
    "Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men...
    the other 999 follow women." - Groucho Marx

Looks great boomer - thanks for sharing (and for your kind words - happy to help!)

Pitching Wedge throttle is on a distinguished road

New Optishot build in the garage

Just finished tonight! I went with a PR-20 setup from Westcoast Netting. I used aircraft cable for the pr-20 frame and mounted flex track along the soffits for the side and ceiling netting.

The side and ceiling netting are retractable just like a curtain allowing me to park the car back in the garage after each use! Takes 15 seconds!

Still need to align the projector just a tad so the image isn't fitting perfectly yet. I couldn't resist firing it up and hitting a few balls, hardly no bounce back and really quite!

Preston from Westcoast did a great job in designing this setup for me.
    Attached Images

Looks good throttle - thanks for posting!

Hey Throttle, looks fantastic! Would you mind sharing what your netting dimensions are and how you attached the net to the flex track? Also, what projector did you go with?

It looks great!

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar

Garage setup

Hey guys,

My garage setup is pretty much finished. I posted a few pics below. I want to thank all of you who helped me along the way. Most notably mcook for all his setup information, cory from par2pro for the screen and phone conversations, zmax for his protee help and info, as well as protee support. I'm loving it! Everything was done in house. It took about 2 months.

Few details:

-mat is 4'x5' monster mat
    -projector is benq W1070
    -32" tv mounted on side
    -screen is cory's high end material that we hemmed and hung with bungees / angled metal (13' wide and 10' high)
    -Sim hardware is GC2
    -Software is Protee Online
    -Wall / ceiling are covered by foam mats
    -floor is built up and covered in black carpet

DSC_0686.jpg
    DSC_0687.jpg
    DSC_0688.jpg
    DSC_0696.jpg

It looks great! What is the reason for the black carpet? Does that help the performance somehow?

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsgregg View Post
    It looks great! What is the reason for the black carpet? Does that help the performance somehow?
    No, it was just cheap. Carpet tiles from Home depot! Looks great though!

Jsgreeg,

The net impact screen size is 9'6" wide x 10' tall. The side netting is 7' long. The whole thing was sewn together as a "cage". Everything is mounted via carabiners. The flex track comes with all the required mounting hardware. It includes trolleys and the ceiling mounts. Just measure correctly and you can mount the carabiners directly to the trolleys in the track. In my case I left 3 inches per side. So 10' between each track (same thing for the cable frame). I had to double up on the carabiners on the last set of grommets so I could have a litlle slack. It worked out pretty good. Here is a link to the flex track.

http://www.westcoastnetting.com/nett...lex-track.html

The projector I went with is an Epson 730HD.

It looks great. Is the seem on the PR-20 at the top or the bottom? Do you notice it? I love how the put it all together as a cage. I would like mine to be 12 feet wide with as little sag as possible.

The seam is at the top. We put it there because with a "cage" setup the slack in the ceiling netting forces you to project the image a little lower. The actual image starts just below the seam in my set up. That way I don't have to worry about weakening the strength of the impact screen over time with a typical low driver shot (which probably would be into the seam if at the bottom). In either case (top or bottom) you hardly notice it at all.

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    Great looking setups!

Lob Wedge HSR is on a distinguished road

HSR Sim Pics

I have been fairly quiet on this forum. However, you all (especially Cory) have helped me build this sim out for my family. My wife, mother-in-law and 2 kids play golf. It is has been a goal of ours for several years. It is amazing thanks to all of the incredible information on this blog.

It is driven by the GC2 and currently the Creative golf package. A thanks to the Atlanta Rep Glen for selling it to me and letting my set it up (so far - straight forward).

I am currently in the middle of a 16 man tourney. Incredible feedback from the players. 13 of the 16 are players of sim golf at the local commercial game sites. These sites are driven by our local sim manufacturer and possibly the leading Sim in NA. The feedback I am getting is that the accuracy is strong and possibly stronger. With exception to the amount and type of liquid that I never thought was possible to consume in one round by an individual during play, so far a good experience with them accessing my home. Handicaps range from 0 to 13, most below a 4.

I saved a lot of money and am grateful I stumbled on this website several months ago.

Play well - All
    Attached Images

7 Wood Msuzippy is on a distinguished road
    That is flat out awesome. Well done.

3 Wood Golfmaxxx is on a distinguished road Golfmaxxx's Avatar
    Wow ! What a sweet setup you have there ! How are the graphics on your software ?

WOW! Fantastic! What are your PC and projector specs?

Thanks!
    When we built the house my wife made me a deal, I design the layout and she would take care of the finishes (carpet, paint, fixtures) in the entire house. So I kind of designed the basement around the simulator.

We are pleased with the graphics on the Creative. Maybe because I do not know any different. But it looks like FSX will be out soon so I didn't want to spend the money until the new package was released. My 9 year old loves the challenge "sandy" island greens to practice on. The pure golfers like it as much as the local commercial centers with the highest end simulators. All right handed is a big key for the system.

The projector is a Panasonic PT-VW440U. It is great with the different aspect ratios and the throw ( 19' away with a 14'-10" width running at 16/10 it is about 9-2 tall). The computer is a basic Dell 610 I5 processor with a GEForce GTX 675 card I believe. It is supposed to be ready for the FSX software. Nothing fancy. I have it hooked up to a Control 4 system so we can have the side TV on Cable and the Sim on at the same time. We can easily switch to cable or blu-ray on the screen.

Since family golfs, that is where we invested and it took a couple years to get here. We were just lucky to hit Ottawa golf before we pulled the trigger on the local Sim Manufacturer.

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    Well done, enjoy!

Great job HSR - thanks for posting (and the kudos ).

Sand Wedge Scratch is on a distinguished road
    HSR that looks great! I am also in the process of building my dream sim room. Thanks for the pics! Could you tell us your room dimensions? Thanks

"Pit" Dimensions 21'-4" Wide x 21'-9" deep to step up to viewing area that is 9' deep x 24' wide. Hitting and bag storage on the left is a height of 10'-1" Finish floor to Finished Ceiling. Screen Image is 14'-10" wide by 9'-3" tall. Panasonic Projector sits 19' back from Screen. Screen is 18" off back wall Tee is flexible from 11' to nearly 15' from screen without shadow. Viewing area is a great size for players and easy to chain off to prevent kids from dropping in the hitting zone. Mom made a curtain to block the sump pump room in the left corner and hide the extra golf bags on the left. Don't think that was one of the pictures I put up on here. Looks good. Little more work to do on the cloth baffles that will be used to knock the flop shots down. Use a monster mat tied into a putting green I picked up 10 years ago. Has a little cup at the end right before the screen. Also pulled a string under the putting surface, under the mat that provides a quick reference to the center of the screen. Helps with alignment a little.

Sand Wedge Scratch is on a distinguished road
    Thank you for the quick response. I am looking at 14'0" wide by 19'8" deep by 12'0" tall for my "Pit". After reading replies from my original post I stretched the width from 12' to 14' but I lost nearly 7' in my depth by doing so. However, your pit is nearly 22' so I hope at nearly 20' I will be ok. I plan on having a bar top just out side the room with sitting for 4 comfortably, which will sit up higher and over look the golfer and screen. I plan to put up on the site a dwg, dxf or pdf of my layout soon to get as many opinions on it as possible. Thanks again to you and everyone on this site that contribute.

xdreamgolf
    Hi all I keep forgetting to post pics of my first simulator build. It will be taken down and stored during the outdoor season. Based on Trugolf E6 full version. Pc's with i5's Gtx 660's 120g SSD's 22" touch screens. No image delay's and looks and plays great!! The trussing is for my mobile sim and I may be marketing it in the future. Can be Aluminum, Stainless, Steel, even copper,or brass. Overall a huge success!!

3 Wood Golfmaxxx is on a distinguished road Golfmaxxx's Avatar
    Wow nice setup ! How far from the screen is the sensors ? Last place i went to anything higher than a 9 iron bit the ceiling and flew back at us dangerously ! Your frame look solid. What screens are you using and do they leave ball marks ?

Cheers

xdreamgolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfmaxxx View Post
    Wow nice setup ! How far from the screen is the sensors ? Last place i went to anything higher than a 9 iron bit the ceiling and flew back at us dangerously ! Your frame look solid. What screens are you using and do they leave ball marks ?

Cheers
    Thanks!
    The ball is is a hair under 13 feet from the screen. I used the two layer impact screen form trugolf integrated into my structure. 9 irons are not a problem. Occasionally with players that high long sw they do come back, but not that hard and if your quick you can catch it or stop it with your club right on the pad. Unintended ball return. No ball marks, but if they do not take the 5 mins to shake the white screen every couple days, it get's a bit droopy. It is loud however. It's funny when a sales rep comes in to hit up the owners of the course. I've seen them right in the middle of their look at me pitch and BAMMMMMM! A big hitter smashes one 300 deep. You would think they just got shot.

Great setup xdream! Thanks for posting the pics!

Pitching Wedge golfsimxpert is on a distinguished road
    IMG_0680.jpgcallaway orlando.jpgFerrari Club.jpg
    Fairly new to this forum, just finding my way around. Lots to see here for sure. Some great set up's and great advice.

Here are a couple of my install pic's. Built 4 bays for Callaway and the Orlando PGA show all with GC2 technology. Best screen system on the market. Tight sides, great image. Low Bounce back. Easy to maintain and replace. max height of screen is 116" with no seam.

Thread Information