100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    We need to "fine tune" the bungees. I really wanted to find out if the putting turf I'm using between the impact screen and hitting mat would be sufficient to curb excessive bouncing when the balls dropped from the screen. It works great! =|;0-)

Hybrid mathman is on a distinguished road
    I also purchased the turf from cory, was yours the one with the rubber backing? Around 3 something per sq foot

The Putting Turf-Pro on his site (GT-OP), $6.99. I'm impressed with it, despite the fact I don't actually have it permanently set, yet. Rolls well and absorbs the impact of the ball dropping from the screen. Works like I hoped it would.

Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by wbealsd View Post
    Thanks guys! I'm looking into adding black corrugated carpeting on the sidewalls, which is what the local Austad's is using in the main sim room, ZMax. CPA, I like the lcd spotlight idea!!

BTW, the putting turf I got from Cory cushions the balls dropping from the impact screen REALLY well. They pretty much just drop and roll up to the stance mat. I thought I'd need carpet padding underneath but just rolled it out to test and it works great!
    I am looking for options for my walls also. Do you have a link for this carpet you talk about? I would like some options.

We looked at some at this store and I'm not positive this is the exact roll we looked at, but it's very similar and pretty inexpensive.
    http://www.lowes.com/pd_327865-1761-B6985-30-1200-AB_4294825283__?productId=3706734&Ns=p_product_pri ce|0

This one says "Royal Navy" but the one we looked at seemed black to me. This is close and in the price range I looked at.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    We need to "fine tune" the bungees. )
    can I suggest you put an eyelet at top and bottom of each side and pull the ripples out with bungee.

I have a sleeve in each side with curtain rod and the bungee top and bottom pulls screen tight and stops ripples

Thanks CPA!

We looked at some at this store and I'm not positive this is the exact roll we looked at, but it's very similar and pretty inexpensive.
    http://www.lowes.com/pd_327865-1761-B6985-30-1200-AB_4294825283__?productId=3706734&Ns=p_product_pri ce|0

This one says "Royal Navy" but the one we looked at seemed black to me. This is close and in the price range I looked at.
    Are you going to put padding behind the carpet or just the carpet and the wall?

Are you going to put padding behind the carpet or just the carpet and the wall?

I think just carpet should suffice. I'm not interested in "protecting the walls" and any ball that would hit one shouldn't pse a risk of hurting anyone or damaging anything. I'm standing about 9 feet away from the screen and when hit with a driver, balls deflect off the screen and onto the turf, rolling just about back to me. Netting above the area should keep any errant balls from hitting anything other than the screen or the turf.

that is good, would save on money for the padding. I was looking at some carpet at home depot. I would probably staple it to the wood walls. It would give it the black look around the screen that I want.

That's exactly what I'm thinking, staple it directly to the wood sidewalls. My wife does a lot sewing and is planning to use heavy black curtain material to "frame" the impact screen and provide a barrier in front of the opening between the screen and the overhead netting.

Bogie Libbing is on a distinguished road Libbing's Avatar
    Sewing curtains - FYI - you can get pre-made blackout curtains on ebay / amazon / online curtain places pretty cheaply; not as cheap as a wife who enjoys it as a hobby, but cheaper than one who is doing it as a favor!

I went the pre made black blackout curtain option as well. Top as well instead of netting. Gives that theatre look. Trick is getting them long enough.

Once my wife decides on a "project" she does it. I learned a long time ago, not to make any suggestions at that point - LOL!

What kind of curtains would be good to protect the walls from real golf balls, plus I want the black look from them. Trying to kill 2 birds with one stone.

3 pass blackout curtain.

Try just the blackout curtains. Won't protect against a direct hit but probably would knock down a glancing blow well enough . Amazon has a bunch for sale but watch the height - most are too short. I found a slightly cheaper one at some dedicated website. If you are worried the curtain won't provide enough protection you can stick up a basic sheet of insulation sheathing (1/2 - 3/4 inch thick foam sheet) - only need it closer to the screen where a shank would likely hit

I never thought the foam would work. I thought the ball would dent the foam insulation. I was also thinking of doing something for the ceiling. Have you tried the foam insulation before?

I will look for that curtain. Thanks

I used the insulation sheets behind the curtains on the wall. A direct hit would dent it but its behind the curtain and I never see it. I am not sure it's ever been hit though, really needs a big shank to clip it. I used the same thing on the ceiling. Took 8x10 sheets and cut into thirds to make tiles. The covered the tiles in automobile headliner that I bought at a Joann Fabric for a really good price. That stuff is great because it had a lot of substance but is stretchy, so it would snap back to shape even if the foam underneath got dented. Not sure I've hit it very often but you can't see any dents in it.

thanks, I may give it a shot

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Hey Libbing, any chance of showing a pic of your setup. I would like to see the auto headliner all setup

Will do. Traveling now but will do it over next few days

8 Iron Riggy69 is on a distinguished road
    Is there a way to upload my sim setup pics without having an url adress ? For some reason I can't just attach? ?

Thanks Riggy69

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Image attachments are limited to 800x800 px you probably just need to resize the pics.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

ceiling.jpg

Here is a close-up for four tiles coming together on my ceiling. These tiles are about 4'x4' and 1" thick or so. Then the autoheadliner (which comes on a roll that is 54" wide or something so that it could wrap around) is wrapped around and stapled down. I attached to the ceiling using black screws with big black washers. You could attach in various ways (drop ceiling brackets, glue, etc.) but i wantd the least effort to put up and I wanted to be able to take down in case I needed to do any work on it. When you stand below and stare at it you can see all the details. whn you sit behind the area to watch a movie you don't notice it unless you are looking for it. I tried taking a picture of the whole thing but it just turns out black

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Cool, thanks for the pic!

3 Wood cvclub is on a distinguished road
    DId you ever get clarity on the extension?

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road

Ghetto Protee, Single Car Garage, Temporary Setup pics...

IMG_20130103_190357.jpgIMG_20130103_190420.jpgIMG_20130103_190429.jpgIMG_20130103_190508.jpgIMG_20130103_190528.jpg

These pics show my stance mat, my sensor light (with downspout light barn) and h-cam, putter sensor light (with downspout light barn), my computer (all messy from holidays/golf league), and my bungee anchored to the wall with an eye hook.

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road

Ghetto Protee, Single Car Garage, Temporary Setup pics 2...

IMG_20130103_190642.jpgIMG_20130103_190632.jpgIMG_20130103_190609.jpgIMG_20130103_190559.jpgIMG_20130103_190538.jpg

These pics show my iron bar acting as a curtain rod for my impact screen, my high shot netting with old comforter for a soft landing, my putting extension mat, the connection of my bungee to my chimney, and the connection of the iron bar to the chimney.
    Last edited by goatbarn; 01-04-2013 at 11:53 AM.

Thread Information