CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    7 Iron janton79 is on a distinguished road

GC2 setup

Here's my contribution to this thread. In the process if remodeling our basement and built a dedicated golf room. The room is about 14 ft wide x 16 ft long x 10 ft tall. The walls were covered in plywood and then carpet tiles (checkered on the side walls; black on the ceiling). Screen is Cory's HQ raw. Projector is BenQ W1070 mounted behind the hitting position. Shadows do appear on the screen during follow-through, so I may switch to the BenQ W1080 and install it in front of the hitting position. In case I add recording software, I wired for a 32" LCD TV to playback the swing. Speakers are in the ceiling and Xbox is also in the room.

As you can see, the kids have taken it over already as a theater room.

My question is, there is a lot of unused space on the top and bottom of the projected image. I currently have black curtains on the sides and a valance running across the top. But I don't like the look. How would you recommend framing the image with black fabric of some sort (top, bottom and sides) instead of curtains?

GR Unfinished.jpgGR 1 Side Wall.jpgGR Side Wall.jpgGR 44.jpggrkids.jpg

5 Iron mcook is on a distinguished road
    Very nice job on your room Janton! I have a similar setup with drapes on both sides. The drape on my left side is setup that I can pull the curtain all the away across the screen. My kids like to use the room for dodgeball..etc and I want the screen covered. I have aircraft cable going across the top holding a valance that covers the top. Your room looks great and most importantly...Go Blue!

Bogie Libbing is on a distinguished road Libbing's Avatar
    That is awesome, and go blue!

When I thought through mine, there were a few ways to go:
    1) movie theatre-like curtain (which it sounds like you don't want to do)
    2) a decoration of some sort (e.g. create a black pillar on either side to match your other pillars, and create an arched padded frame on the top to match your entry; just do it all in black)
    3) build a "picture frame" around the screen; e.g. attached insulation sheathing to plywood, then wrap it in auto headliner material (thick, flexible, black, not too expensive). That woul make it look like a frame. In theory you could do it along the bottom as well, but use athicker / flexible foam on the bottom rather than sheating so that it can take worm-burner hits and not do damage; I would set his back a bit from the from the screen so that you can still remove or adjust the screen without taking it all down.

Bogie Libbing is on a distinguished road Libbing's Avatar
    By the way, for the kids - think about bean bags (get the ones partially shaped with back support) - easy to move in/ out, can pile them in a corner, can't do damage, way more comfortable; a lot bulkier than the little chairs but 1000x more comfortable

3 Wood Golfmaxxx is on a distinguished road Golfmaxxx's Avatar
    First class job ! Congratulations Janton.

Par Dax is on a distinguished road
    Great set-up!!! If you are changing to the 1080st, I have just two comments: (1) wait until you get the projector and have it set-up before you do your drapes as the image size will likely change; (ii) you will likley be able to get a larger image with the projector slightly behind or just above the hitting position than what you are getting with your current projector. I was thinking of putting it in front of me as well until I rec'd feedback on the issue, now the plan is above me or slightly behind (likely a week or two away form setting this part of my project up - waiting on screen and flooring and still trying to nail down between TM and CG2 - the cdn dollar is killing me at the moment and is the reason for bringing CG2 into my equation).

1 Iron AJA is on a distinguished road
    Nice job on the room!
    How about keeping the current projector (home theater) and getting a 4:3 short throw projector to fill up the screen for your golf sim?
    My 2 cents.

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    Terrific setup!

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Libbing View Post
    By the way, for the kids - think about bean bags (get the ones partially shaped with back support) - easy to move in/ out, can pile them in a corner, can't do damage, way more comfortable; a lot bulkier than the little chairs but 1000x more comfortable
    I have bean bags...suggest you buy inserts for the beans so you can wash cover....and when kids throw/jump on and split seams beans do not go everywhere.

7 Iron janton79 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Libbing View Post
    That is awesome, and go blue!
    I am the Illini of the family. The wife is a Wolverine. And even though she does not golf, we agreed to have both represented in the golf room.

Lob Wedge MikeMyers is on a distinguished road
    psace,

Very nice, I may be working with less space. What is the size of your screen?

Thanks

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMyers View Post
    psace,

Very nice, I may be working with less space. What is the size of your screen?

Thanks
    Thanks Mike. It works very well for me and is very portable for a garage setup. The screen is about 10' x 10' but I have covered part of the top of it with black muslin to make it a 16 x 9 view from the projector (so there is about 7' x 10' of screen showing).

Pitching Wedge golfsimxpert is on a distinguished road
    IMG_0163.JPG.jpgIMG_0162.JPG.jpg

New install at * Head Office

Nice set up. Professionally done. Right in the AG back yard. Screen Looks great

Lob Wedge MikeMyers is on a distinguished road
    Very nice, is there weight in the bottom of the screen? How many inches of screen is on the floor?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by golfsimxpert View Post
    Nice set up. Professionally done. Right in the AG back yard. Screen Looks great
    Screen is okay. Looks to be a few wrinkles in the center that could be easily eliminated.

gord3.jpggord4.jpggord.jpggord2.jpg

Vines on sides, trees are real wood with fake branches, touch screen and computer mounted inside vegetation, pine trees lagged into concrete up sides, sunken cups for putting and wall to wall turf with sunken flush hitting area.

8 Iron craig118 is on a distinguished road craig118's Avatar
    Posted this over on the Protee site, its a great fix for those garage sim golfers that don't have 10 foot ceilings in their house.

Ever since I began to set up my garage simulator I struggled with working around my garage door opener. I offset my screen slightly from the center of the garage and shifted the opener drive unit to the right as far as possible. Even with this arrangement I still occasionally would clip the side of the Opener housing when I hit wedges. Well, the 15 year old Genie screw drive finally died and it was time to fix this nuisance for good. After some investigation I stumbled upon the Sommer direct drive Garage door opener. The beauty of this unit is the 24v motor runs along the rail to lift the door. Without the need for a drive unit on the end of the rail , you can buy an adapter wire and place the head unit off to the side , out of the way of my wedges on the follow through. Works like a charm and this thing is almost silent. If anyone else out there with a garage set up has this issue I highly recommend this opener. It's a bit more expensive but worth it.
    Attached Images

1 Iron Jsgregg is on a distinguished road
    I absolutely love your setup and use of space. Also really love the computer cart.

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    That's really cool, craig.

My nephew has the same garage door opener in his garage. When I first saw it I thought, what a neat setup. I am fortunate that I have a big enough garage that I don't need it but for those with a smaller garage it would be the saving grace!

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Great post Craig!

9 Iron bionicbooger is on a distinguished road bionicbooger's Avatar
    Here are some images of a universal golf studio from http://www.golfsimulatorguys.com/ This studio works with basically any sim on the market.

check out the vid:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bi7mFYVQb0

Gap Wedge Sony420 is on a distinguished road
    MY GC2 Setup -
    Heres some photos show what I have done with it so far. Im loving it and only recently have had good enough weather here to take it outside. Ive been playing with it in my 8ft ceiling garage, which basically means playing with a 7 iron or less, even par'd a few holes, haha. Love this thing!!!...my wife and son play every chance we get, and it has been a great teaching tool. It is my intention to get a instructors certification and open a business doing so. Im working on having a 24X30 two story amish built garage with 12ft ceilings built to house this business in. going to take some time, but Im getting there. As far as the GC2 I had paid for the FSX software, but after speaking to a rep, as well as Foresight directly I didn't get a good feeling that it would be out anytime soon. If it does come out I have this strange feeling that it will be buggy and not to mention take a while to get a number of courses, so I went for the FR-1 performance package along with 5 courses. Im glad I did. Im using that for now, and the next purchase will probably be the HMT. Im very happy with it so far, although it has a few quirks I think could use some polish, it seems very accurate, with only a few shots here and there that are obvious mis-reads. I wouldn't hesitate to get it if you have the means, I don't see anything or have I tried anything that even compares even at the $6K+ price. Best of luck to you! Im not sure how to pull up my album but I have photos of my current setup on that.

ipad photos 063.jpgipad photos 068.jpg ipad photos 065.jpgipad photos 059.jpg
    ipad photos 067.jpg

9 Iron bionicbooger is on a distinguished road bionicbooger's Avatar
    Hi Sony

This is Bret from Golf Simulator Guys. We can help you with your business. Our new studio is perfect for commercial applications. This studio with work with the GC2 and basically most sims on the market. It installs without a tool in about an hour. Our install vids are on our website so you can see how easy it is. Also this studio fits under residential ceiling heights.

We are looking for dealers to resell our product line. So you can sell the stiludios along with selling time.

We will start selling the foresight line this fall as well.

Feel free to visit our website golfsimulatorguys.com

Bret

8 Iron DFDubb is on a distinguished road
    Finally got around to setting up the SIM in our new to us house. I've always lived in single story homes where you could run wires up through the attic. I would be curious if any of you had any ideas as to how to hide the power and hdmi cables going to my projector. Our master bath is right above where it is mounted.

photo 2.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    photo 7.jpg

3 Wood Golfmaxxx is on a distinguished road Golfmaxxx's Avatar
    Nice set up Dubb ! What simulator do you have and don't you hit the ceiling with wedges ?

Cheers

It's the Golf Achiever II launch monitor w/ SIM platform. A little rare and dated here in the US, but IMO the best bang for the buck if you can come across one used. I would put it in line with the Accusport Vector (x/pro/etc...) as far as accuracy goes, but with full SIM capabilities.

Not sure what you mean about the wedges. The pics might make it look a little funny as the room is sunken down a bit and the room behind it is elevated a bit (with lower ceiling). The actual SIM room (2nd living room) has a 14 ft ceiling back by the hitting area that comes down to 11 ft at the lowest point (where the screen is). The cage is 10.5 ft tall all the way around. The projector behind the hitting area is WAY lower and I have it off to the side and fully keystoned still casting a shadow. I will most likely get a short throw and mount it on a ledge where the ceiling/wall drops 3-4 feet.

Nevermind, now I get the question. Balls don't hit the ceiling, or at least haven't yet. I have the top of the net coming out 3.5 ft off the screen towards you for that very reason. I've actually got another half a foot I can bring it back if need be. I might learn the hard way.

Thread Information