100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    7 Wood dvshx is on a distinguished road

P3ProSwing Courses Error

I was so excited to get this going but I kep getting an error when it is loading. Is this or is this not compatible with Windows XP???

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    It should work with xp. What is the error message? What are your computer specs?

2.2 cpu
    1GB ram
    512 Radeon video card

3 yr old pc

Your ram is low but should still load. Just may be choppy. They reccomend 3 gig. What is the error message? When do you get it?

2gig ram stick on way.

when the course is loading. its a windows error:

"p3pro.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close."

the course actuly loaded!! but the error window is stuck and eventually shuts down the program

Did you unload the original p3pro courses and program before reloading the new 4.2 p3pro program? Then load the Virtual courses. When playing the courses you need to open the course interface. Try reloading things and if not working give Chuck at there tech support tomorrow. He is very helpful and a great guy.

Yes I followed the 2 page uninstallation instructions. I have uninstalled/reinstalled a total of 3 times now. I added another gig of ram and the same issue is happening. The video card is not the latest out there but I think it should suffice (700mhz/512 DDR2). I will call Chuck tomorrow.

dvshx were you able to sort it out?

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    dvshx were you able to sort it out?
    they said i need 3GB i memory. i am shopping around for a new PC now. we will see what happens later.

Not and option to upgrade your ram? Let us know when you get er going.

go the new PC. specs topd out to max.

The Virtual Courses are up and running.

2 words.....

HOLY S**T!

this is nice. every penny worth it. i love 3DD and optishot to death but this is another level.
    P3Pro GSA is nintendo wii
    3DD is super nintendo.

drop the 1G and get this. very worth it
    Last edited by dvshx; 10-14-2010 at 10:14 PM.

Got it going. Great!!

I told you. The GSA software is awesome. Imagine if they ever just include the launch angle.

7 Iron readygolf is on a distinguished road
    Last edited by readygolf; 02-23-2012 at 08:02 AM.

Ya your right it is Red Chain. Probably should just call it the p3 virtual golf courses.

readygolf do you have the new courses?

Got it going. Great!!

I told you. The GSA software is awesome. Imagine if they ever just include the launch angle.

Thanks for the advise. This will be alot of fun. Tonight I just spent most of the time tweaking graphics and screen options. Then, spent most of the time on the new driving range. If they get launch angle and video capture to work with Virtual Courses, I think I will reach the ultimate level of satisfaction and not want any other system.

Sometime this weekend lets try to do the online mode. If you give me some strokes. Lots of strokes. HAHA

Quote Originally Posted by readygolf View Post
    Why do you refer the courses as GSA? Golf Simulator of America is not the software designer on the courses for P3. Isnt it CPG/RedChain?
    Go to the folder where P3Pro is installed C:/Programs/SportsVision/P3Pro. Do you see a folder called "GSA?" I still believe that these are GSA courses.

I am excited for you dvshx. I do think the p3pro and the GSA courses are fantastic. I certainly rate them above dd. If they integrate the launch angle for theses courses then that would really be good. You now see why I really want them to add a relatively simple software upgrade. I really hope it happens.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Hey dvshx -

You may want to bookmark the discussion forums at http://www.24-hrgaming.com/forum/for...stomplay-golf/. This is a forum for CustomPlay golf - the PC golf game that is the engine for the GSA / P3Pro software. Dean from Red Chain posts on there occassionally (including one thread on their future plans which is cool) and there are a number of people on that forum who design the courses for the software. So, you can get some preview shots of upcoming courses, etc. It's pretty cool.

That is a good sight for future courses and info.

Bubba, I have never completed a whole round without having to restart my computer. Is this a typical issue for you? The sensor will stop reading. I checked Virtual Course interface and it did not detect the port. In some cases, even with a good swing the sensor does not read. In those swings, I know that the club head entered within 5 inches before the ball and 6 inches pass on a reasonable swing path. So I find myself taking 4-5 shots just to get a reading.I had visitors over today and got a bit frustrated.

As far as Custom Design Golf's grass top, it's definitely pretty good for the price. I suggest to do the velcro on top of the rubber pad installation. The other alternative installation requires removing the rubber pad and installing a plate. The problem is that this plate is basically plastic. I was under the impression that it is acrylic. If you have visitors who are not great ball strikers, it is possible to damage the sensors with one really fat swing. I never realized how durable the stock rubber pad was until I removed it. It is 3/4 of the weight of the P3ProSwing. It is attached to a really thick metal which looked unbreakable.

Quote Originally Posted by rdh View Post
    Hey dvshx -

You may want to bookmark the discussion forums at http://www.24-hrgaming.com/forum/for...stomplay-golf/. This is a forum for CustomPlay golf - the PC golf game that is the engine for the GSA / P3Pro software. Dean from Red Chain posts on there occassionally (including one thread on their future plans which is cool) and there are a number of people on that forum who design the courses for the software. So, you can get some preview shots of upcoming courses, etc. It's pretty cool.
    Thanks! I also visit the other discussion forum you posted. Loads of info there from the developer and demanders.

Isn't that always the way when friends are over. I hate when things don't work well with the buddies. I have had on occasion the sensor not registering or the com port not recognized. Always able to finish a round. I have had the sensors registering closed clubface even though I know I was open. Once I cleaned the sensors it worked perfectly fine. Did you have this problem with the regular p3pro courses? I would try the following:
    1) clean your sensors - I use compressed air. The manual has information on sensor cleaning. I would clean them often.
    2) check that your tee, iron, grass heights have not changed. In fact make sure you do adjust the heights at least 1/2 inch higher if you have the grass top.
    3) make sure your clubs are clean or the woods have not lost their reflective tape
    4) check your usb connection is tight and not at all loose. Do you have a usb or a older style connection? How long is your usb cord? Anything longer than 15 feet may give you some problems unless you have a usb signal booster.
    5) try reloading the program again

If it persists I would talk to Chuck their technical whiz who is amazing at troubleshooting.
    Let us know how it goes.

How did it work out dvshx?

How did it work out dvshx?
    I enabled "save file to harddrive" in the original P3Pro interface. All the settings here get carried over to Virtual Courses.
    I also tuned my iron distance to 1.06 to make it comparable to real life. Also, I decreased the delay in showing the ball flight by changing the Virtual Interface to "always display swing stat window" It saves ton of processing power because the window will not have to open/re-open every swing. But dammm, I wish there was an option to make this window smaller.

I played a whole round without any USB/COM Port disconnect issue last night. I figured it was due to the fat swings my boys had, it accidentally disconnected the USB connection. The only issue now Is the no reading on some "acceptable" swings every now and then. If this is a missed toe/heel issue, I need to know how Im missing it becase the contact feels pretty pure and the club head is on a descent path. I was hoping that it was a lag with processing/computing ball flight and by enabling "save swing file to harddrive" would fix this. This issue is starting to worry me a bit. It's like I have a moody sensor pad. I have inspected the lighting, taping, dust on sensors and pad alignment. None of these are the issues.

That is why I asked the question of tee/green/wood heights as these values/settings translate from the original p3pro program Too bad the launch measurement didn't carry over . All the things you are doing is right. Try playing with your tee heights. Are you enabling shot penelties?

I have resolved the issue of the sensor being moody. i cleaned the sensors and air can sprayed it. I also installed the rubber top and velcroed the Custom Design Golf grasstop. I had to build a flatform to raise the stance mat by half an inch. This method is much better. I will start a new thread regarding my findings.

im loving my set up. grasstop is a must. my focus
    is 100% on the swing now, not little issues here and there.

Awesome dvshx. Now if only the launch angle gets resolved .

Thread Information