Last Friday I golfed a great event at Greensmere. 2 man team, 36 holes (each nine a different format) breakfast, lunch and dinner along with prizes. Turned into a great day as the sun came out.

Now to my problem.....

The score that won the event was -19. Very good score. Just over a birdie every 2 holes. There was some grumbling in the back of the room. Turns out the twosome is well known around the area for being really good golfers. They had won the Sun Scramble Open championship the last 6 years in a row. Beating the likes of Kevin Haime and other pros playing in the same tourney. No doubt they are great and compliment each other very well for each others games. I heard that one of them played on the CPGA for a year. But there were 72 other twosomes that go into these tourneys with the hope that they may have a chance to try and win something. The twosome that won took home Roughly 6-7 prizes that night. Low score total and low score on 2 out of the 4 nine's, best score on a hole (Eagle of course) plus other prizes (I'm sure there may have been a door prize in there too.) Well worth the entrance fee.

I for one don't know how I feel about this. In one hand, I of course try to find a complimentary player and try to win these events just like them. I unfortunatly am not that great, nor do I know anyone else that plays that great either to get a score like that.

On the other hand, these guy's seem like "professional" amateurs. Putting a bad taste in me wanting to spend any money on tourney's like this. Although I don't think this tourney was for any charity, it still feels a bit unfair to me.

I guess from now on I am going to be asking if they are signed up to play in tourney's before I enter one from now on. Really there is no point. Who's going to beat them??? And knowing your playing for 2nd place before teeing it off would suck.

They could be very nice guy's. And a pleasure to play with.

Just my humble opinion of course.