CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Falcon Ridge

4 Iron Hardcore is on a distinguished road

Falcon Ridge

How are things there these days? Condition, speed of play, etc.?

I guess I shouldn't have asked. Will take the silence as less than a ringing endorsement.

3 Wood fourlights is on a distinguished road fourlights's Avatar
    Sorry man, haven't played there in YEARS!!

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    They have good club sandwiches.

Lob Wedge tenskibik is on a distinguished road
    I am a member there so bear this in mind as you read. I agree, the club sandwiches there are good-however so too are the folks who work there. You will always be served with respect and this goes a long way in terms of keeping many people coming back. The pace of play is fine- I usually play weekdays and am able to play 18 holes (alone) in about 3 1/2 hours. As for conditions, the place is pretty much what you would expect- the greens are slow/medium the fairways can be a bit spongy at a times and the rough gnarly. The 10th hole is by far the most troublesome and there is no let up on 11, 12, and 13- target golf. This kind of club will attract a certain clientele, the people running the place seem to realize who their client base is and they do an excellent job at operating a friendly, stress free golfing facility. From what I can tell they are not attempting to be something they are not-and that in itself is a great draw which will keep me and many like me happy.

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    I am a member at another club (Greyhawk) so I don't play Falcon Ridge very often. However, a good friend and colleague of mine is a member there so I have played there 3 or 4 times this year.

I echo what tenskibit wrote. Everytime I have played there I have enjoyed it very much. It is a very friendly club, the staff are always cheerful and courteous (the roast beef supper on Fridays is superb!). The course is what it is. It's not The Hunt Club or Eagle Creek but then neither are the fees. No.10 I have resorted to playing SW, SW, SW and hope for a 1 putt, but apart from that hole I have no issues with the course at all, I think the conditions are generally reasonable. I think it was also just voted the most under-rated course in the Flagstick annual poll.

On top of this Falcon Ridge has my favourite practice facilities. I still take my lessons there with Colin Orr despite being a CL member.

If you go there expecting PGA conditions you will be disappointed. If you go there expecting a friendly round at a friendly club you will be just fine

1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road
    Former member here and agree with goochy and tenskibik. Staff is friendly and so are the owners Greg and Steve. Course for me got real boring after awhile but keep in mind I was playing over 100 rounds a year there for a number of years. When Falcon first opened white tees location was where blue tees are today and fescue was everywhere, not to mention a few holes with trees in fairways(11-12). New clubhouse is also really nice and a big improvement. One thing I find however is that it is a little pricey compared to some of the other options in area but if you are EG or RM that is not an issue.

Thanks for the feedback guys, appreciate it.

4 Iron Gangrel is on a distinguished road
    Has anyone played recently? Playing tomorrow afternoon (sunny and 15!) for probably our last round of the year, so was just wondering how "leafy" it is, and if the greens are all punched up for the winter yet.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Played Raceview yesterday - they were blowing the leaves of the fairways and greens so I'm guessing they did the same with Falcon Ridge. Greens were fine.

Lob Wedge tenskibik is on a distinguished road
    I played on Monday (and will be out tomorrow morning) the leaves have been blown off most of the fairways-there are some leaves in the areas around the greens and some leaves on the greens themselves- but overall there are no piles of leaves that will hide your shots from view.

4 Iron Gangrel is on a distinguished road
    Thanks guys. Hopefully the sun and wind help things dry up a bit. And I hit the fairways.

Hybrid Grouchy is on a distinguished road
    When I played there mid and early season there was very few marshals and not once a starter. I know they were actually looking to hire some. Did they solve that by the end of the season?

Thread Information