CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Lob Wedge TheFonz is on a distinguished road

GSA Machine Vision Camera... What type?

So I am looking to build a Golf Simulator/Home Theater for myself. I have started researching them extensively and have looked at a dozen companies/brands. I finally came across GSA and like how they offer launch angle/ball tracking/club head tracking via a camera system and its very nice that they offer their components via a-la-carte and you can build onto this if desired. I have had correspondence with Martin and he has been VERY responsive to all my emails (which I like).

I am curious if anyone know what type of Machine Cameras they use? I would like to see if I could get some used ones and incorporate it with their software and trigger sensors.

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Welcome TheFonz. There is lots of info on home sims here. There has been very little feedback by the GSA/GGS systen users. All I can say is be careful. I have had lots of conversations with Martin. He is very brilliant and has lots of ideas. His products look great but it is confusing what is available and what is in research and development. I would stongly encourage you to talk to Cory at Par2pro http://www.par2pro.com/ . He will give you the scoop on everything involving home sims and set you up with the right one for you. If you do go with the GGS system do leave some feedback for us.

As for the camera, I have no idea what company it is.

Thanks bubba for the welcome.

According to Martin of GSA they dont use a standard model of camera but instead, they use any camera of the same type that they can get in the fastest time frame. I guess some models have lead times of up to 3 months... I figured since they are not particular on the manufacturer, I could find a new/used/refurbished camera for less than 2k (are $2k/camera through GSA) elsewhere. I could then buy the sensor trigger and software from them.

I will be checking out par2pro, thanks for the link!

How much are they selling the software sans the hardware? How much is the camera trigger? My feeling is that it will cost you more than just buying the unit from him. It is a good idea but be careful that it works well. I just got and email from Martin today about another track pad that he is working on as well as the vx launch sensor. who knows when these will be available though.

Each camera is $1999, camera trigger in acrylic casing $1999, halogen lamp $199 and GSA Golf software $1499. He mentioned you can also purchase without the full version of the GSA software. All systems come complete with 19 ProX golf courses and one GSA course.

Apparently folks have tried to purchase cameras outside of him and had troubles because they did not have the correct firmware on them. You are probably right about the costs but I still think its possible to get three used cameras that would equal the cost of one new camera.

Fonz, have you thought about maybe just getting the Pro7 or GC2 units. Both will probably be less than what you are looking at and have had great reviews.

I am open to pretty much anything but its very important to me that it be as good as the FullSwing/TruGolf/About Golf systems. I really want something that tracts the ball and the club.

If the Pro7 from Golftek?

I think the Full Swing-TrueGolf-AboutGolf are in a different category. The pricepoint for those sims are very high compared to the GGS systems. The Pro7 is from Golftek and is a great system that tracks the cluba nd ball. It estimates spin however. The GC2 is a portable sim from Foresight golf that tracks only the ball. There has been talk that it will in the future give club data which I think is indirectly estimated.

Thread Information