100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: HD Projector

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba827 View Post
    hey Zmax what is the big difference in the chips used....which would u think would be best to use with a DD sim ??

Either chip would be find for the DD sim. DLP's have had complaints about rainbow effects. I have a DLP and I don't see them. You may or may not. Even if you do, they might not bother you.

As Cory said, read up reviews for each. The Projector that I really wanted was a Panasonic 3LCD 1080P. I friend of mine has one and it's an amazing projector. It retails for $2000.

Putter Sunwood is on a distinguished road
    Hey guys
    New here and need an opinion on the following. Benq DLP projector 800 x 600 resolution,2700 lumens, 4000 contrast, 4:3 aspect and has hdmi input for $250 new.Would be projecting on an approximate screen size of 9'x10'.
    Looking at this because of the low price but if it just isn't going to work then I would rather upgrade now. Thanks

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    800 x 600 resolution is low.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunwood View Post
    Hey guys
    New here and need an opinion on the following. Benq DLP projector 800 x 600 resolution,2700 lumens, 4000 contrast, 4:3 aspect and has hdmi input for $250 new.Would be projecting on an approximate screen size of 9'x10'.
    Looking at this because of the low price but if it just isn't going to work then I would rather upgrade now. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    800 x 600 resolution is low.
    Yeah, I agree. That is too low for that screen size. Pixels will be too far apart.

8 Iron bubba827 is on a distinguished road
    Hey Par2Par ...man thanks for input...by no way was I only talking to Zmaz..i only called him out because he is the 1 that pointed the difference out to me....as a matter of fact I could use some help from everyone..young and old........lol

JUST WANTED TO SAY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT AND HELP>>>IT IS VERY CLEAR TO EVERYONE THAT I AM TOTALLY LOST WHEN IT COMES TO PROJECTORS........LOL

Sand Wedge rdrunner is on a distinguished road
    Have a look at the optoma hd 66. Highly rated 720p projector at projector central and 3d ready. Good value for the money. Picked mine up at best buy and pleased with it. However projectors must be fitted to the throw distance so you must be careful when choosing which one to purchase and for golf simulator purposes the higher lumens the better. I have had three projectors in the last five years and find 2000 lumens to be the minimum as I don't like hitting golf balls in the dark. Another note of caution. The advertised lumens of a projector is usually much higher than the real lumens it puts out. To find out real actual lumens output check out the reviews of a projector at projectorcentral.com.

Thanks rdrunner

blackfire

Projector epson

hey guys

for my self I have two epson and they're doing perfect. the first one form my golf is 8 by 6 screen from 12 feet but could be bigger screen but the setup of my space requires to be at 12 feet and did'nt what the screen to be bigger cause from 11 feet the image looks better 8 X 6. the second one is for my home theater 705 HD and I'm very satisfied as well. Compared side by side with an 1080P TV with HD movie look's perfect as whell as Xbox 360 and the image looks warmer on the projector. I Tryed a BenQ did'nt realy worked for me.

hey 1 last question before i buy a projector...any ideas or thoughts on this projector?....

Sanyo PLC-XW250 3LCD Projector

hey 1 last question before i buy a projector...any ideas or thoughts on this projector?....

No bad, but if you're going to spend that much, I like Blackfire's Epson 705 for $630.

blackfire

Exactly the epson is the best for the price and more it as a 720P, XGA(1024X768) and WXGA(1280X800) native resolution. This means that all these resolution are displayed without rescaling so it will be perfect for all gaming, movies and golf simulator.

i found the Sanyo PLC-XW250 3LCD projector for 299.99 new...is that a good price?

and which would be better for DD golf.....that 1 or this one you suggested earlier Zmax......
    ViewSonic PJL7211 which I can get for about 360.00

i found the Sanyo PLC-XW250 3LCD projector for 299.99 new...is that a good price?

and which would be better for DD golf.....that 1 or this one you suggested earlier Zmax......
    ViewSonic PJL7211 which I can get for about 360.00

The Sanyo. No doubt about it. 3LCD for $300? Wow.

thanks zmax think i am FINALLY going to buy that 1 tonite
    laterzz man

blackfire
    thanks zmax think i am FINALLY going to buy that 1 tonite
    laterzz man
    Hey

did you looked at the trow distance on projector central cause if you have a 9 feet width you need to be minimum at 15 feet from your screen and for a 10 feet width you need to be at ,ore than 16 feet if that is good for you then 300$ is a great deal

Good deal Bubba. Where are you getting it from?

hey blackfire thanks for input man...I actually have a little over 20 feet with no problems....I have plans to mount this in my garage as long as I can use this projector as a ceiling mount......I did not think to even look for that, I went to the calculator pro and did not see an option on whether to use this as a ceiling mount or not? I think I will be happy with a 7 by 9 screen which if I use calculator correctly the projector would need to be about 16 to 17 feet frrom screen.......if possible maybe someone could check behind me on this ...thanks Bubba827

hey blackfire thanks for input man...I actually have a little over 20 feet with no problems....I have plans to mount this in my garage as long as I can use this projector as a ceiling mount......I did not think to even look for that, I went to the calculator pro and did not see an option on whether to use this as a ceiling mount or not? I think I will be happy with a 7 by 9 screen which if I use calculator correctly the projector would need to be about 16 to 17 feet frrom screen.......if possible maybe someone could check behind me on this ...thanks Bubba827
    It can be ceiling mounted.

According to their calculator, for a 9 ft wide screen, from the screen to the front of the lens needs to be 15ft min. So you can mount the projector at 16 ft.

ty sir for all ur help and input

lol just my bad luck......it must have been a typo on the website .....I see projector is 100 bucks higher today...I knew I shoud have pulled the trigger on that projetor last night before i went to bed.........lol

price went from 299.00 to 399.00 today.........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......now thinking about going back to the
    ViewSonic PJL7211 for 350.00

Lob Wedge colinls is on a distinguished road
    Need advice.
    I have 1 foot beams 8 feet across my garage. The space is 12 feet wide but only about 8"8" high at the bottom of the beams and where I would attach the screen. The ceiling between the beams is 9"8" which is where I would be swinging the clubs and to which I would like to attach the projector.

Questions. Do they make ceiling mounts that hang down enough that I can get below the beams, if not I need a really short throw projector.
    I found on a Hitachi CPX8 that is 2700 Lum, 1024x800 but only 500:1 contrast. is the low contrast a problem? I also found a Dell 1610HD which has 3500 Lum and 2100:1 contrast which I like as I can leave more lights on which would let me use my web cam for my swing which I like.

any advice?

Not all projectors are made the same with respect to the lumen brightness. The 2700 lumen projector may be fine. Do a search on it's brightness on any of the projector forums. It may be fine. I have a 3500 lumen projector that is plenty bright however I have seen 2500 lumen projectors that are fine as well. Looking at the limited stats you've given I would suggest the Dell.

Quote Originally Posted by colinls View Post
    Questions. Do they make ceiling mounts that hang down enough that I can get below the beams, if not I need a really short throw projector.

any advice?
    Yes, and you can use extensions.

I looked up the Vivitek H1080FD up on Projection central calculator and it appears to me that at 16 feet the image at full zoom and 4:3 is only 90:68 or 7.5:5.5. Am I not understanding the calculations. I want to fill about 7.5 high by 9-10 wide and am trying to keep the projector close to allow for more ambient light. RDH didn't you say this fills your 9.5x9.5 screen?

Thanks

I looked up the Vivitek H1080FD up on Projection central calculator and it appears to me that at 16 feet the image at full zoom and 4:3 is only 90:68 or 7.5:5.5. Am I not understanding the calculations. I want to fill about 7.5 high by 9-10 wide and am trying to keep the projector close to allow for more ambient light. RDH didn't you say this fills your 9.5x9.5 screen?

Thanks
    9-10ft wide at 4:3 will probably put the mount at 19-21 ft for the Vivitek.
    Last edited by ZMax; 01-04-2011 at 01:40 AM. Reason: bad math

well finally pulled the trigger on my projector...I went with the sanyo PLC-xw250k..my first projector and to be honest with u I am quite happy with it... I have tried it out in garage of course without hitting golf balls. I just wanted to thank everyone who put up with all my questions and 1 person in particular whose nick kinda sounds like mine thanks for all the speedy replies to messages........lol and now if i can only decide about my screen..who knows I may even have it finished about the time warm weather gets here in NC......lol

Congrats Bubba. I think you will be happy with the projector.
    Lots of options for screens. I would recommend you get a full screen without a seam. Cordura is an option but you can look at screens from Custom Design Golf or Par2Pro (Cory). I have the one from Par2Pro and highly recommend it. There is a good thread already started on impact screens.

projector distance

Does the projector distance from screen make a difference on shadow cast by the golfer? Is closer always better all else being the same? I want to keep the room as bright as I can for video use so I think closer would be better for that. I looked at short throw but without zoom I would think they can be hard to set up just right. Any feeback?

Does the projector distance from screen make a difference on shadow cast by the golfer? Is closer always better all else being the same? I want to keep the room as bright as I can for video use so I think closer would be better for that. I looked at short throw but without zoom I would think they can be hard to set up just right. Any feeback?
    Yes and yes. The closer the projector the better. If the projector is too far back and you're too close to the screen, obviously, you'll cast a shadow on the screen.

A short throw projector with lens shift and good zoom, such as the Epson 8000 series, will make it very easy to setup. But they do cost more money.

3 Wood cvclub is on a distinguished road

HD using DD

Interesting thread.......the question regarding 720 vs 1080 HD for GSA is a good one......would it apply to DD as well? I am using a BenQ with RBG native 720 and visitors are amazed with the quality of the image on my 10x10 screen. So, perhaps it's not worth an upgrade?

Thread Information