CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: HD Projector

Lob Wedge Tommy2Ball is on a distinguished road

Optima GT750e

Quote Originally Posted by TheGolfer View Post
    Did inital rough tests with the new optoma gt750-e. don't have screen installed yet so displayed it on sheet rock painted dark clolor with eggshell paint. from 10ft getting 720p wxga image ~ 14ft x 9ft in 16:10. watched a couple movies. got to say its very impressive and picture is huge. dark room with 3k lumens there was no issue at all with image this size nor screen door effect. even though i thought it didn't come with digital zoom it has a digtial zoom ability to shrink the picture along with digital vertical keystone correction. haven't tested sim yet outside of just bringing up a course and range and it looks great. Not sure if the screens have lower refelective gain that sheet rock with eggshell paint so we will see. i wasn't planning on getting the 3d glasses but now i think i will be watching a lot more movies - can't wait to try the blue ray 3d movies which it will display in 720p 3D - curiuos how that will look.
    TheGolfer,

Let me know whether you had any issues without having a lens shift feature. How high did you mount your projector? Did you center it on the screen? Thanks in advance.

Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    NP. I have the Optima GT750-e installed and it works way beyond my expectations. not even close.

I have a vaulted ceiling mount to an extension pole to a ceiling mount to the projector. The sim picture is very good. Watched some DVD / blurays and they were incredible. The image I get from ~ 12 feet away is 14ft x 8ft in 16:10. I was initially dissapointed on paper that I couldn't find a 1080P projector that can can get an image that big from 12 feet but watching dvd/blurays on it is awesome.

I read alot about needing high lumens with the sims and was worried about that since its my first one and its trial and error, but this thing displays a great picture even with some lights on and room doors open. Not sure why, but it could be being 12 feet away with 3k lumens. perhaps because gc2 doesn't require flood lights on the ceiling which may wash out the picture for other sims without a high lumen projector -not sure. I was also curious if there may be pixelation / screen door effect with making the image that big - absolutely none. this was an absolute home run and its <= $800 to boot. perhaps there are holiday sales now.

once i get everything complete I will try the bluray 3D on it. Though WXGA it accepts the 1080P 3D and displays it in 720P 3D.

i have it mounted center on just above the top of the screen. it does have vertical lens shift and vertical keystone correction which helps to do the final adjustments once installed.

read about debates between lcd and dlp along with potential dlp rainbow effects so on paper i preferred lcd but this picture is great and i don't see any rainbow effect with it.

i use it in 16:10 for sim and tried both 16:10 and 16:9 for movies. i like the 16:10 because its bigger and don't notice any resolution difference. It also has the ability to do 4:3 if needed.

after setup i fixed the input channel since it looped through all its inputs faster than my receiver sent the signal so it didn't always catch the HDMI. once i set the setting to stay on that specific input channel it displays.

BTW - if you are also looking for a new receiver and 7.1 system to go along with it I picked up the Onkyo 7.1 s8409 system that's been going for $1k but amazon.com selling it new for $640 and its great. Actually went to J&R world in NY and they matched amazon's price.

let me know how you make out. good luck.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    taken your advice and ordered the Optima GT750-e from Amazon. Love how it is 110-240 volt auto switching for Australia!

The Golfer
    just noticed at projector central the calculator says at 12 feet throw, 16/10 the image should be 16 ft 8 inches wide by10 ft 5 inches high.

obviously this is not your experience?

no. i will go on that site and get right back with you. optamoa told me those sites are estimates. best to use mfr's. but even that site had larger images. be back.

just checked projectorcentral.com. below is link with calculator.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/Opto...ulator-pro.htm

were you looking at the 750-e or just 750. I know the current product is gt750-e. game/video mode selected. i usually change the gain down to for impact screens but again I went straight back past their limit with no issue.

It shows ~10/11ft it gets 8.75x14 in 16:10. I moved it back to 11.5ft beyond the limit and it gets slightly bigger. No kidding is the best piece of the equipment I bought for this hands down. I would have went bigger but I have a vaulted ceiling on both sides that limit going up to 10ft that wide. I think the image works great because its 3k but its only 10-12ft from the screen versus others that are farther away.

i can even watch the video nicely with room doors open with light from outside and a couple stand lamps on in the room.

again, very pleased and its well beyond my expectations and <= 800 to boot plus accepts 1080p 3D displays it in 720P 3D so you can still watch new blurays and blurays in 3D if you want.

I hope I answered your questions.
    Last edited by TheGolfer; 12-17-2011 at 09:34 PM.

Optoma gt750-e
    Amazon shipped mine today.
    Now I will have to clean out the garage to make way for all this sim gear.....

Excited for you. Before I ran into a few big snags it felt like christmas with the arrival of everything. Let's know how it works out. Good luck.

7 Iron dmartyna is on a distinguished road
    Any body using the Panasonic PT-AE4000U. I just got a smoking deal on a demo unit. They gave me a free spare bulb as well ($400). I don't have it yet though so i can still cancel the order if anyone has a bad experience with it.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Installed it for my friend in his home theater. Very nice projector. Very good blacks. Lens shift and memory zoom for easy switching from 2.35:1 to 16:9 images.

Can I ask the price?

Bogie Libbing is on a distinguished road Libbing's Avatar
    I bought the Panasonic AR100u. When I first started looking I had an eye on the AE4000 because it seemed to be a great machine with a ton of great reviews and a bunch of options that some others didn't. Based on the size of my screen and the distance the projector will be from the screen, it didn't have enough light output according to the projector calculators (projectorcentral) so I went with the 100u because of the higher lumen output. I've only watched a few minutes of a DVD with it projected against wall (which was even painted light green) and it looks great. As long as the specs match your setup I'm guessing you'll be happy with it based on my research.

7 Iron dmartyna is on a distinguished road
    Ya, my only concern was the lumens. I was going to go with epson 8350 but while at the store was offered such a good deal thought I would give it a go. $1400plus free bulb

9 Iron Dave W is on a distinguished road
    These are image sizes ( within an inch ) that came from the Epson 8350. I hooked up my lap top 1600x900 res on a yellow wall.

Throw Width Heigth
    15' 112" 63"
    16' 119" 67"
    17' 126" 71"
    18' 133" 75"
    19' 141" 79"

Brightness of the screen was no problem what so ever. I even turned the kitchen lights on 400watt incandecent and you would have no problem being able to play golf. Screen door effect is noticeable as you get closer to the screen. The pic quality is plenty good for golf. Better than the sims i played on. Most of this review is based on 18'.

400 watt? What are you growing in there?

How close were you when you started to see the screen door effect?

Great that the brightness was plenty even at 12' wide.

Recessed lights, easy now no attic or basement gardens here. I got really good eye sight so if i give a good look 8'. Now at 15' throw i didnt notice anything till i got up close and it caught my attention then i was looking for it. Will the gaming computer change images.

With golf simulation, trees, branches,leaves, and water will move. The main image is static until the ball is launched.

Edit: Perhaps I misunderstood your last question. If you set the resolution on your laptop pr gaming computer to 1920X1080p(to match the projector), it'll make the image better.
    Last edited by ZMax; 12-28-2011 at 09:41 PM.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    Dave W:
    Good to hear that the Epson 8350 got enough brightness. Do you have a Simulator yet?
    Let us hear how it does with a simulator on 1920 X 1080.

This weekend i should have something going

Optima GT750e

ok I have cleaned out the garage and installed the "home theatre" (aka golf sim zone)
    whilst I have nothing to compare it to the GT750E is amazing
    The only drawback is the lens shift issue but I am working on a roof rail mount to move it back and forward if needed.

Thanks for the tip the golfer

anytime, glad its working out. i have found once i had my installed at the final location I haven't had a situation where I needed to move it yet for movies or the sim.

good luck.

I was going to ask if you have 3D. Got the RF glasses and having trouble

not yet. planning on it though.

do you need a specific brand of rf glasses? when i talked with best buy they said some glasses work only for certain brands, not sure. i have asked optoma which glasses and they recommended the part number below from their site - BG-3DRFGLASSES.

Is your HDMI cable version 1.4 3d capable? i think the older hdmi cables 1.3 don't work with 3D and the new version has been updated to support it.

More complicated than that. Using the ps3 which only has 1.3 port but Sony has done workaround as 1.4 includes audio return and other goodies not required for 3d. Think it is the rf sync and projector settings.
    Got the optima rf glasses from amazon. The 750e and glasses are still not released here in Australia and it is cheaper inc postage from amazon anyway.

you are right, a little more complicated. so it seems i am not the only one that does complicated
    everything i read so far (not much) is that hdmi 1.3 does not support 3d. just coming up to speed with the 3d stuff though. it seems like the primary upgrade to 1.4 was for 3d support. also if you are sending the hdmi to a receiver which then sends it to the projector the receiver needs to have 3d pass through. learned that just recently when i bought the new onkyo 7.1 setup for the room. my older receiver does not have it.

not sure how to determine what rf glasses are compatiable with what systems or should all rf glasses work with all rf systems?

Talk is that the Monstervision and Optoma glasses are all Bit Cauldron so they should all work with the Optoma rf transmitter.

The "on" button on the Optoma is tricky. I intend to sit down with the instructions today and try and get the green sync light on.

if you have are having trouble having the projector pick up the signal on the channel you selected from the receiver there are some receivers that optoma snycs through inputs faaster and does give them a chance to sync. if you know your input (ie hdmi 1) then set the options to lock that input. works every time for my onkyo receiver. at first it didn't have enough time to sync but now beinglocked the receiver catches it.

got the 3D going: settings of vesa3D and "Auto" select 3D method- Had to manually sync the glasses to the RF transmitter.

This is a great projector, I am in love and the kids love the 3D

now for the sim, Trustrike academy mat now placed in prime position ready for impact screen

very cool. i think next week i need to order some glasses. where on ebay did you find them?

how does the 3D look on it?

just got my trustrike mk7 academy mat today. setup but since my daugther has a lesson in the morning i am using the old one for that since its easier to move around for different video shots then i will figure it the permanent position for new mat.

Direct from amazon $72 each from memory....now I will need to buy more for visitors.

3D is scary when something flies ay you. Better than a cinema given the active glasses.
    Last edited by CPA; 01-20-2012 at 01:36 AM.

Has anybody tried a 3D with Nvidia 3d vision on a simulator. Remember that somebody comment that the 'Custom Golf game' worked but never heard more?

Does anyone use the Epson Powerlite 3010 or the Optima HD33 for their golf simulator and/or HT?
    Or for that matter any other Full HD 3D projector they would recommend.

Thread Information