100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter john9434 is on a distinguished road

Teeing it up on a simulator

What are you using to tee up the ball with on your simulator? At present, I am having a hard time finding tees that hold up. Seem like everyone is selling brittle plastic tees that break with first hit. P3 had some nylon or poly tees 4 or 5 years ago but are no longer available. Thanks...

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Depends on the sim. If there is a spot to place a true tee, then I recommend http://4yardsmore.us/

The simulator I have is the P3. What I thought would work for this winter was using wooden tees. I use 2 1/8" for driver and I found some orange bamboo Frogger Green Monster tees 1 1/8" for irons. Seems to work good for me as I only put the driver tee in rubber insert about 1/8" to 1/4" and I break one once in a while. About 1 in 20. The short orange tees do take quite a beating but they do come apart. I have quite a few people at different skill levels using my system. Also found that some of them don't like the orange getting on their irons so they use the driver tees for everything and break them all. So much breakage and small pieces getting into sensor pad and have to blow it out a couple times during 18 holes. I have also ordered some 5/8" OD soft rubber hose that I should be able to use for teeing it up with out a tee. Just wondering what other people are doing as I have found this to be a big problem. Thanks

Also, bubba, I have used the 4 yards more tees and they work great other than the short ones for the irons. As I mentioned I have different levels of skill people here and really need something durable for the irons. Thanks

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Maybe try the short brush T.

9 Iron roach5539 is on a distinguished road
    I have a turf top P3 and hit irons off the turf (no tee). I use a shorter plastic tee for the driver so I don't push it into the tee holder very far to get to my preferred tee height (just in the rubber tee holder below the turf enough to not tip over). This seems to cut way down on the breakage. Currently using Epoch tees.

My current p3 is with the turf top and I have tried the short brush tees and also the epoch tees. I think my main problem is the hackers that hit down hard on the sensor pad and would break whatever is there. This is where I think the soft rubber hose will come in for teeing it up. I will post how it works when I try it latter this week...

7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road
    I would suggest going with the jagman joe p3 turf cover. It's way better to hit off of and you can put real tees in the turf. The tees come flying out when hit, so there is a tradeoff, but they don't break.

That jagman joe cover looks really good but I don't have the rubber top for my p3. Not sure how they do it now but when I went with the turf top from p3 I had to send my unit to them so they could put it on. They told me that they did not want people opening up the unit and seeing what was inside. I normally take the top off mine at the beginning of winter just to be able to clean it real good. Also, I have my p3 mounted in the floor so that the top is flush with a carpeted floor. I could change that but it would be a lot of work. Thanks

Well the soft rubber silicone hose I ordered does not work. I think it would if it was not bent. The hose was on a roll and wound tight so a short length is shaped like a banana. I still think the rubber hose ideal will work. Going to check out a few hardware stores tomorrow to see what I can come up with. Also, I'm really surprised to see 281 views with only 8 reply's, 4 of which are mine. Cheers

7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road
    Try putting your silicone hose on a dowel or something to keep it straight and then heat it up with a blow dryer or heat gun and letting it cool. It may come back to a straight shape then.

Bond, I thought that was a good ideal about heating it up but it did not do anything. Also, I did not find anything at the hardware stores that would work and am still trying to figure something out. Not sure but I'm thinking this has to also be a problem for opti/dancing dog simulator.

1 Iron AJA is on a distinguished road
    Apparently, one of the issues with wooden tees is the fact that they end up leaving splinters and dust all over the sensors when they break. I traded in all of my wooden oned for plastic.

AJA, Sounds like the plastic tees you are using are working for you. Would you please tell me what brand they are or where you are getting them from. All the ones I have tried break with the first hit. Thanks

1 Iron AJA is on a distinguished road
    Hi! I don't use a specific brand.
    Tee breakage probably depends on how deep the tee is pushed into the tee holder. It's a bit of an issue for me, as I tee the ball fairly low.
    It also probably depends on what sim or sensor you are using. The ProTee uses a rubber tee grip which is pretty good. On my OptiShot, the "Jagman" cover just has a hole in the rubber cover which isn't forgiving at all, in my case.
    When I get a chance, I'm going to get some of the "brush" tees that others recommend.

Thanks AJA, I think my problem is that I have several different players who all like their tee height a little different. I have a few players who use a small head driver and they want the tee down a bit further. I would too if I were playing their equipment. Again, Tks

5 Iron jagmanjoe is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by AJA View Post
    Hi! I don't use a specific brand.
    Tee breakage probably depends on how deep the tee is pushed into the tee holder. It's a bit of an issue for me, as I tee the ball fairly low.
    It also probably depends on what sim or sensor you are using. The ProTee uses a rubber tee grip which is pretty good. On my OptiShot, the "Jagman" cover just has a hole in the rubber cover which isn't forgiving at all, in my case.
    When I get a chance, I'm going to get some of the "brush" tees that others recommend.
    AJA, my turfs are thick enough that they hold a tee without going through the hole. If you just by shorter tees it should resolve your issue. Or, if those tees are still too long, I ship the turfs with a cut down tee. The way I cut them down is using an inexpensive pvc pipe cutter. I can cut 20 tees to length in about 5 minutes. If I can be of any more help, just let me know.

Thread Information