My projector hasn't arrived yet, but I've been looking into things more and this is a bit more complicated than I thought. If your impact screen is suited to a widescreen image, then a 1080p projector is the way to go. Mine is 9' x 9', so if I use a widescreen image, I'll be cutting a lot off the top and bottom. So, I plan to stick with a 4:3 ratio...which is where it gets complicated.

Looking at the screen settings in GSA Golf, under the 4:3 ratio settings there is just an option for 1280x1024. So...I can't actually use the full 1080 vertical resolution. This means the image won't be super sharp...it's a bit lower resolution than 1080, but (I think) the 1080p projector will also need to reformat the image as it won't be in its native size. I don't think it will be a big improvement over what I have now.

After realizing this, I started looking around for projectors with a 1280x1024 native resolution. There seem to be very, very few, and the ones I did find are generally very expensive. Then, I stumbled on the Optoma GT700 which fits the bill, looks to be under $1,000, and is 2500 lumens. I'm looking into that more now...

This is far more confusing than it should be!